Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Germany Defends Czech Republic from China

spartan max2

Good for Germany showing a backbone. Good for the Czech politician sticking to his principles and good for Taiwan. 

Germany has told China to stop threatening Europe as Merkel hardens her stance toward Beijing

Germany has told China to stop threatening Europe after Beijing said a politician from the Czech Republic who visited Taiwan this week would pay a "heavy price" for expressing support for the self-governing island facing Chinese subjugation.

Milos Vystrcil, the president of the Czech Senate, infuriated China by becoming one of the few senior European Union politicians to visit Taiwan. He told its parliamentarians "I am a Taiwanese," in what was interpreted as a reference to John F. Kennedy's anti-communist "Ich bin ein Berliner" speech of 1963, The Times of London reported.

Germany,

Heiko Maas, the foreign minister in Chancellor Angela Merkel's government, on Tuesday stood up for Vystrcil, telling his Chinese counterpart, Wang Yi, that "threats have no place here" and that Europeans stood together "shoulder to shoulder."

Also, good for this guy from the Czech Republic and good for Taiwan

n his visit to Taiwan this week, Vystrcil said: "I am convinced that it is the duty and obligation of every democrat to support all who defend democratic principles and who often find themselves building democracy under difficult conditions.

https://www-businessinsider-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.businessinsider.com/germany-tells-china-stop-making-threats-over-taiwan-hong-kong-2020-9?amp=&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA%3D&amp_js_v=0.1#aoh=15993431195597&csi=1&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.businessinsider.com%2Fgermany-tells-china-stop-making-threats-over-taiwan-hong-kong-2020-9

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

I'm mostly German and have Czach in me. This warms my heart and proud of what it's doing. Good for you, Germany! 

• Like 5

• The title was changed to Germany Defends Czech Republic from China
16 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Think it's about time countries started recognizing Taiwan as an independent state. 

Long over due IMO.

3 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Long over due IMO.

Couldn't agree more. Looks like a very well run country aswell. Obviously it has its problems but which country doesn't? 

I don't support much that my government do, however they'd get my support if they decided to recognize Taiwan.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Princess Serenity said:

I'm mostly German and have Czach in me. This warms my heart and proud of what it's doing. Good for you, Germany! 

I recalled a few years ago on the forum you said about being part-Polish as well. This is coming from a half-French with Flemish/Dutch (via Belgium) person and also German and some British (Scots-Irish, Scottish and English) ancestry, in addition to 1/5 Cherokee/Osage (Native American) from Oklahoma where there were Shawnee and Lenni-Lenape. I don't hate the Chinese people, but the communist government in the mainland is authoritarian, oppressive and manipulating the world, Xi Jinping is IMO worse than Trump who I also oppose.

Edited by Solipsi Rai