Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
DieChecker

New dating of Nebra Sky Disk

DieChecker

What is a sky disk you ask?

A very basic astronomical map

SciTechDaily: New Dating of Nebra Sky Disk Makes All Previous Astronomical Interpretations Obsolete.
https://scitechdaily.com/new-dating-of-nebra-sky-disk-makes-all-previous-astronomical-interpretations-obsolete/

Archaeologists from Goethe University Frankfurt and Ludwig-Maximilian University in Munich have now reanalyzed diverse data on the reconstruction of the discovery site and surrounding circumstances of the find. Their findings are that the disk must be dated in the Iron Age, making it about 1,000 years younger than previously assumed.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Piney

Makes sense. Potholers generally are liars about their finds. After seeing something for sale and tracking down the seller. I then had to track down the site because they never told the truth.

@Swede  had the same experiences and I'm sure Hans did too.  

• Like 3

Swede
On 9/8/2020 at 5:27 AM, Piney said:

Makes sense. Potholers generally are liars about their finds. After seeing something for sale and tracking down the seller. I then had to track down the site because they never told the truth.

@Swede  had the same experiences and I'm sure Hans did too.  

If they even remember the location, not to mention specific provenience. Many are hardly known for meticulous excavation or recordation.

• Thanks 1