Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Aliens Among Us?

News

Welcome to the forum @News .  I have read some books you  might be interested in.  One is actually called Aliens among us by Ruth Montgomery. 

Here is her wikipedia page:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruth_Montgomery

There is also another author, Whitley Strieber, who has written a lot of books on this subject.  He does not believe they actually walk among us, but they do interact with us and he also will not say they are from outer space as he thinks there is no proof of that.

Stan Romanek is another author who believes they walk among us, but he is not as believable.  He also was accused of being a pedophile but that is irrelevant to the subject.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stan_Romanek

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Stan_Romanek

My opinion is that our leaders are aliens, they do not have the best interest of human survival at heart so are not really human, though I don't believe they are from outer space.   As for aliens from outer space, I have investigated and researched a lot over the years and have found no evidence, just wishful and fearful thinking about it.  But I have read some great books on the subject and speculations written as fiction.

The Second Ship by Richard Phillips was a fun read.  The author is a Los Alamos scientist (physicist, I think)

There are many others but I won't list them all.

• Like 1

Welcome to the UM,

I am a firm believer that aliens are a thing. I think it'd be stupid not to believe there are other beings on another planet. I also believe that they have come to Earth before and  still might be here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, News said:

The universe is huge, perhaps aliens live among us, perhaps maybe even rule us! what are your thoughts?

What are you getting at? Aliens that look to us like other human beings? Or deeper behind the scene? I think more the latter.

Space is so unimaginable vast that if there are other intelligent beings out there we may never know about them at all. And even if we did, and Einstein was right about the universal speedlimit (light) making contact would be impossible.

We can talk about warpdrive, wormholes and other science fiction concepts all we want, but breaking those rules of physics is way harder than pointing out there and telling Chewi to - Punch it!

Have startraveling extraterrestrials found Earth and managed to get here? To this date I have seen exactly zero credible evidence of that.

Edited by Hazzard
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

71tgmHLh5nL._SY679_.jpg.f1706add0162d48704c230204d086f4b.jpg

To the point of the PO question, its not about belief for me but no i do not think aliens or any other beings live amoung us but the idea of it makes for splendid sci fi and tin foil hat fodder.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

What are you getting at? Aliens that look to us like other human beings? Or deeper behind the scene? I think more the latter.

I am interested to know what people perceive. For certainly it helps!

I'm the guy who believes in a conspiracy on aliens.

• Confused 1

I am the guy who doesn't see why 200ft long octopoids living in a methane atmosphere would have the slightest interest in a hot rock like Earth.    Or, how dolphins manage to fly spaceships.

Although Larry Niven's novel Footfall suggests we may need to watch out for pachyderms

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Essan said:

I am the guy who doesn't see why 200ft long octopoids living in a methane atmosphere would have the slightest interest in a hot rock like Earth.    Or, how dolphins manage to fly spaceships.

Although Larry Niven's novel Footfall suggests we may need to watch out for pachyderms

If we found aliens are lets say Mars, and they were really far behind us evolution whys. Would we just be like 'oh ok thats cool I guard's and leave or would we go back to find more and more about them?

Edited by Chronus
I guess* sorry for the typo

6 hours ago, Chronus said:

Its weird to imagine something with no end.

Take a look at the Atlantis threads, you'll have first hand evidence...;)

Edited by Trelane
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

To be honest, I actually thought about this. And in my humble opinion I guess it is possible, well it is. IF there were aliens among us you'd assume they be vastly technologically advanced than us, thus being able to be presence without detection.

Do I believe it though? I honestly don't know. I doubt it but who knows eh?

See I'm not 100% a skeptic I do hold various views on certain subjects. :P

8 hours ago, Hazzard said:

Space is so unimaginable vast that if there are other intelligent beings out there we may never know about them at all. And even if we did, and Einstein was right about the universal speedlimit (light) making contact would be impossible.

We can talk about warpdrive, wormholes and other science fiction concepts all we want, but breaking those rules of physics is way harder than pointing out there and telling Chewi to - Punch it!

Have startraveling extraterrestrials found Earth and managed to get here? To this date I have seen exactly zero credible evidence of that.

warp drives and wormhole technologies would not  necessarily  break the rules of physics. eg a stable wormhole might be established using exotic matter  Our theoretical knowledge is not developed enough yet, let alone our technological /practical knowldge and skills But one  day (if humanity survives and continues technological advances)  they will be 

Neither would matter transmission. 

Indeed very serious research is occurring with  matter transmission and warp drives.

Wormhole technologies are probably still a century or two in our future.

Matter transmission is likely this century and  warp drives in the next

https://www.sciencealert.com/how-feasible-is-a-warp-drive-here-s-the-science quote

Theoretically, there are really only two ways this can(’t) be done – physical deconstruction at x and reconstitution at y, or the translation of one’s person into data to be transmitted, then reconverted into matter, like some organic fax machine.

Impossible? In 1993 an international group of six scientists, showed that perfect teleportation is possible in principle, or at least not against the laws of physics. More recently scientists both in the US and China have been trying. Just last year, Chinese scientists were able to “teleport” photons to a satellite 300 miles away, using a phenomenon called “quantum entanglement”.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/jun/12/teleportation-will-it-ever-be-a-possibility

Edited by Mr Walker

For the "they live" fans,

Its based on a short story thats worth reading,

"Eight O'Clock in the Morning" by Ray Nelson.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, the13bats said:

For the "they live" fans,

Its based on a short story thats worth reading,

"Eight O'Clock in the Morning" by Ray Nelson.

This isn't about aliens but why did i get a notification that you commented on here although 

1. you weren't talking to me 

and

2. its not my thread?

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Chronus said:

This isn't about aliens but why did i get a notification that you commented on here although 

1. you weren't talking to me 

and

2. its not my thread?

Not sure, paranormal? Jk, perhaps you are following me or the thread.

25 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Not sure, paranormal? Jk, perhaps you are following me or the thread.

He admits it!

Its paranormal!

On a somewhat serious note not to be rude but I am not following you so thats not it, I don't know if I am following the page, I don't know how to check.

Not sure, im on my phone, should be in your personal profile what and who you are following,

Not rude, i wouldnt follow me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Not sure, im on my phone, should be in your personal profile what and who you are following,

Not rude, i wouldnt follow me.

Thanks

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

warp drives and wormhole technologies would not  necessarily  break the rules of physics. eg a stable wormhole might be established using exotic matter  Our theoretical knowledge is not developed enough yet, let alone our technological /practical knowldge and skills But one  day (if humanity survives and continues technological advances)  they will be 

Neither would matter transmission. 

Indeed very serious research is occurring with  matter transmission and warp drives.

Wormhole technologies are probably still a century or two in our future.

Matter transmission is likely this century and  warp drives in the next

https://www.sciencealert.com/how-feasible-is-a-warp-drive-here-s-the-science quote

Theoretically, there are really only two ways this can(’t) be done – physical deconstruction at x and reconstitution at y, or the translation of one’s person into data to be transmitted, then reconverted into matter, like some organic fax machine.

Impossible? In 1993 an international group of six scientists, showed that perfect teleportation is possible in principle, or at least not against the laws of physics. More recently scientists both in the US and China have been trying. Just last year, Chinese scientists were able to “teleport” photons to a satellite 300 miles away, using a phenomenon called “quantum entanglement”.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/jun/12/teleportation-will-it-ever-be-a-possibility

That is really awesome, on paper. But means very little if we are the first to reach this level of tech... We might as well be alone.

• Like 1