Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Donald Trump nominated for Nobel Peace Prize

Eldorado

"A right-wing Norwegian lawmaker has nominated Donald Trump for the Nobel Peace Prize for 2021 for helping broker a deal between Israel and the United Arab Emirates.

"It's the second time Christian Tybring-Gjedde, a member of parliament for the right-wing Progress Party, he has put forward the US President for the honour."

Full story at Sydney Morning Herald: Link

Christian Tybring-Gjedde: Wikipedia

Edited by Eldorado
  • Haha 7

Donald Trump is nominated for the 2021 Nobel Peace Prize following deal between Israel and the United Arab Emirates

• Trump was nominated by was nominated by Norwegian MP Tybring-Gjedde
  • Tybring-Gjedde praised for his efforts towards resolving conflicts worldwide
  • The deal between Isreal and the UAE is a Middle East 'game changer', he said
  • Announced on August 13, the deal delivers a key Trump foreign policy objective 
  • The deal will be signed during a ceremony at the White House on September 15

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8713415/Donald-Trump-nominated-2021-Nobel-Peace-Prize.html

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

He gets my vote for it.

I didn't know you were a member of the Norwegian Nobel Committee.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I hope he gets it.   It would be funny to see the left have their TDS attacks.   

It'd be even more than the right had when Obama got the Nobel Peace Prize for being black.  

• Like 7

Did he ever master spelling the name of that peace prize, you know his daughter spelled it wrong too.

• Haha 3

No way the Norwegian Dhimmis will ever do that.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Zaphod222 said:

No way the Norwegian Dhimmis will ever do that.

No? But trump wants a NPP really bad, hes been extra good this year and Christmas is just around the corner.

• Like 1

Just now, the13bats said:

No? But trump wants a NPP really bad, hes been extra good this year and Christmas is just around the corner.

I don´t think he cares, but I am glad that you can read his mind.

The Norwegian NP committee is way too woke to even consider giving Trump an NP. He could cure cancer, rescue 100 babies from a burning building, create eternal world peace, and they still would refuse. Orangeman bad above all. If there are bets about that, I take them.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Zaphod222 said:

The Norwegian NP committee is way too woke to even consider giving Trump an NP. He could cure cancer, rescue 100 babies from a burning building, create eternal world peace, and they still would refuse. Orangeman bad above all. If there are bets about that, I take them.

I cant read his mind, i was being light hearted silly funny and failed.

But i do believe he wants one pretty badly.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Myles said:

Fekkk yeah. Heads on fire! I would buy popcorn. But it wont happen.

It'd be even more than the right had when Obama got the Nobel Peace Prize for being black.  

I don´t remember any "right" freakout. Imaginary history? Maybe some people pointed out that destroying Libya and promoting islamist uprisings across Northern Africa is not exactly promoting "peace". Count me among them. 

Edited by Zaphod222
  • Like 1

Its unlikely he will win. Theres like 250 nominations. 

And i did read a quote where Trump has said in the past specifically he'd like to win one.

33 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Its unlikely he will win. Theres like 250 nominations. 

And i did read a quote where Trump has said in the past specifically he'd like to win one.

Trump says a lot of stuff. Without context (the way the media likes to present selected snippets) you don´t know if he meant it or if he was joking.

Styxhexxenhammer suggests that in the unlikely event he got it, he should fly to Norway and tell the NPC that they have totally devalued it they should keep it. Great idea imho.

Ok now this is going to shock people but it is a good reason for him to be nominated.. for as much as I cannot stand him.. I will give credit where credit is due.. both sides point to him as being the biggest help for them to reach where they have.. 

• Like 4

On 9/9/2020 at 9:23 AM, Zaphod222 said:

Norway? Or Sweden?

• Like 1

On 9/9/2020 at 9:03 AM, Myles said:

There were 16 Nobel Prize winners who were black. So they all got it just because of that?

Your post is discusting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, odas said:

There were 16 Nobel Prize winners who were black. So they all got it just because of that?

Your post is discusting.

He said "Obama", not "16". Reading comprehension problems?

In Bizarro World, where we currently reside...

this makes perfect sense.

• Like 2

On 9/9/2020 at 10:03 PM, Myles said:

So he won the award only because he was Black, thanks for clearing that up. 

Very Sad

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, odas said:

Your post is discusting.

26 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

So he won the award only because he was Black, thanks for clearing that up. 

Very Sad

Obama received the peace prize in 2009. He didn't start being president until 2009.

Since you are both undertone accusing people of being racist please tell me why Obama received the noble peace prize? Please tell me what he did the first 11 days in office that is nobel prize worthy (11 days at the most) :D lol

And secondly, do you guys think he deserved it over the other candidates that year ?

The winner is selected by the Nobel Committee from nominations submitted by committee members and others. Nominations for the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize closed just 11 days after Obama took office. There were 205 nominations for the 2009 award, which included Chinese and Afghan civil rights activists and African politicians. Colombian Senator Piedad Córdoba,[7][8] Afghanistan's Sima

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Nobel_Peace_Prize#Nobel_lecture

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Obama received the peace prize in 2009. He didn't start being president until 2009.

So he was most likely nominated before being president or doing anything.

Since you are both undertone accusing people of being racist please tell me why Obama received the noble peace prize?

And secondly, do you guys think he deserved it over the other candidates that year ?

If I was going to accuse someone of being racist, that's what I would have directly said. As far as him deserving the award or not, It's not up to me make that determination, but I will say this I don't think the only reason he received it was because of his race. 

So are saying the only reason he received it was because of his race?

• Like 1

Just now, Manwon Lender said:

If I was going to accuse someone of being racist, that's what I would have directly said. As far as him deserving the award or not, It's not up to me make that determination, but I will say this I don't think the only reason he received it was because of his race. 

So are saying the only reason he received it was because of his race?

Yes, it was clearly a political award for being the first black president of the U.S.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Yes, it was clearly a political award for being the first black president of the U.S.

I understand the controversy in the awarding Obama the award that year. But let's be clear, I can agree with the way you worded your post, and it may be true that he received the award because he was the first Black President. But there is a major difference between the way you commented and the other member committed. By saying he only received the award because he was Black is a completely different comment than saying Black President.

If you don't see the difference, or disagree with my comments that's ok, no matter there is a difference though, like I said before my comments are not about deserving or not. To me the way the comments are made speaks volumes.

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

I understand the controversy in the awarding Obama the award that year. But let's be clear, I can agree with the way you worded your post, and it may be true that he received the award because he was the first Black President. But there is a major difference between the way you commented and the other member committed. By saying he only received the award because he was Black is a completely different comment than saying Black President.

If you don't see the difference, or disagree with my comments that's ok, no matter there is a difference though, like I said before my comments are not about deserving or not. To me the way the comments are made speaks volumes.

@spartan max2 No response, I think that is a little unfair. So I will ask you this can you see a difference between your comments and the way the other member made theirs??

• Confused 1