Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Flight cancelled over child not wearing mask

Still Waters

A Canadian flight was cancelled and police were called because a child was not wearing a mask.

Safwan Choudhry says WestJet wanted his 19-month-old to wear a mask, but the baby girl would not stop crying.

The airline says the issue was not with the infant, who is below the age required to wear a mask, but with Mr Choudhry's three-year-old.

Tuesday morning's Flight 652 from Calgary to Toronto was stopped, and all passengers were ordered to disembark.

"It's unlike anything I have ever witnessed, let alone experienced," Mr Choudhry told the BBC.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-54096061

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

4 hours ago, stereologist said:

Sounds like the father has a problem with being truthful. Important thing to observe here is no comments from the wife.

Your reasoning for this?

This is stupid. Let's all pretend 19 month olds and 3 year olds always do what their parents tell them to :rolleyes:

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 5

57 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Your reasoning for this?

He continues to lie that it was the younger child that was the issue. Was that too difficult to get out of the report?

53 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

This is stupid. Let's all pretend 19 month olds and 3 year olds always do what their parents tell them to :rolleyes:

The 19 month old is not the issue and no one suggested that the 3 year old did not cooperate. It was the father that did not cooperate.

I thought it not strange but telling that no one mentions the mother who was there, nor do we get statements from the mother.

4 minutes ago, stereologist said:

He continues to lie that it was the younger child that was the issue. Was that too difficult to get out of the report?

Because airlines have not lied in the past about why they have kicked someone off to cover their ass?  Yes, they have many times.  Reportedly there is a picture of the three year old with a mask on or did you not read that part?  

• Like 1

Just now, stereologist said:

I thought it not strange but telling that no one mentions the mother who was there, nor do we get statements from the mother.

Look at the name.  Maybe in their culture the man speaks for the family since his word is worth twice hers.  Just saying.

• Like 1

Just now, OverSword said:

Because airlines have not lied in the past about why they have kicked someone off to cover their ass?  Yes, they have many times.  Reportedly there is a picture of the three year old with a mask on or did you not read that part?  

I did read. Are you as clueless about the incident as you state?

This  guy repeatedly lied about the incident.

Just now, stereologist said:

Are you as clueless about the incident as you state?

No.  Are you?  Yes.  You are.  You weren't there.

• Like 1

Just now, OverSword said:

Look at the name.  Maybe in their culture the man speaks for the family since his word is worth twice hers.  Just saying.

Exactly. He tells everyone what to do. He is the boss and everyone is his slave. He tells his family what to do and he tells the airlines what to do.

8 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Exactly. He tells everyone what to do. He is the boss and everyone is his slave. He tells his family what to do and he tells the airlines what to do.

Prove it.

@stereologist

In a video, a police officer explains to them that while the mask issue with the eldest was "resolved", "the behaviour of the other passengers left the rest of the crew feeling unsafe"

The other passengers were irritated with the crew.  that's why the flight was canceled.  Read the article next time before being such a condescending ...........

Edited by OverSword

No need to argue about it.

I've found a couple of videos:

And in another article it says:

He said there were no issues during check-in, but after being seated and just before the plane took off, multiple WestJet crew members approached his wife and said both children needed to be wearing a mask. 

"It started with my toddler and once we got a mask on her, they turned to my 19-month-old infant and said 'every person on the plane has to wear a mask or the plane can't take off,'" he said. 

"We were surprised to learn our 19-month-old daughter needed to be wearing a mask," he said, adding that he didn't realize until later that the child wasn't required to wear a mask under Transport Canada rules.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/westjet-flight-cancelled-mask-1.5716636

• Thanks 2

So from the first video is sounds like the real asshats here are the crew members. 

That poor 19 month old threw up during the whole thing :(.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stereologist said:

Seem a little melodramatic lol.

Like, my GF prefers me to do most of the talking when confronted by authority figures. I don't think that means she's my slave :ph34r: haha. I'm just better at telling people to **** off.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, OverSword said:

Prove it.

@stereologist

The other passengers were irritated with the crew.  that's why the flight was canceled.  Read the article next time before being such a condescending ...........

I read it. I read that portion as well.  Please get a grip on life.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

Seem a little melodramatic lol.

Like, my GF prefers me to do most of the talking when confronted by authority figures. I don't think that means she's my slave :ph34r: haha. I'm just better at telling people to **** off.

Not really. So if a authority figure asked your GF a question would she go silent and not answer?

To be fair i left my significant other talk to the authorities.

I think this guy was a jerk and he probably provoked others to be jerks as well.

Crews have to deal with a lot of ***hat jerks like this guy. I've been on flights with jerks like this guy and it makes for a bad time. I've asked for and been given a new seat when situated next to jerks like this ***hat.

47 minutes ago, stereologist said:

I read it. I read that portion as well.  Please get a grip on life.

The POLICE said it had been taken care of and apologized to Safwan.  What are you talking about?  Are you not capable of admitting you made a mistake?  

45 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Not really. So if a authority figure asked your GF a question would she go silent and not answer?

What does that have to do with anything?  You made incorrect assumptions about this story and are wrong.  Be a man and admit it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, stereologist said:

To be fair i left my significant other talk to the authorities.

I think this guy was a jerk and he probably provoked others to be jerks as well.

Crews have to deal with a lot of ***hat jerks like this guy. I've been on flights with jerks like this guy and it makes for a bad time. I've asked for and been given a new seat when situated next to jerks like this ***hat.

Idk what you're trying to say. It seems like everyone agrees that the crew made a mistake here.

He said there were no issues during check-in, but after being seated and just before the plane took off, multiple WestJet crew members approached his wife and said both children needed to be wearing a mask. 

"It started with my toddler and once we got a mask on her, they turned to my 19-month-old infant and said 'every person on the plane has to wear a mask or the plane can't take off,'" he said. 

"We were surprised to learn our 19-month-old daughter needed to be wearing a mask," he said, adding that he didn't realize until later that the child wasn't required to wear a mask under Transport Canada rules.

On 9/10/2020 at 7:46 PM, OverSword said:

The POLICE said it had been taken care of and apologized to Safwan.  What are you talking about?  Are you not capable of admitting you made a mistake?  

You seem unable to comprehend the situation. Not surprising.

• Haha 1

On 9/10/2020 at 9:58 PM, spartan max2 said:

Idk what you're trying to say. It seems like everyone agrees that the crew made a mistake here.

Everybody? No.

I find the man's statements typical BS.

On 9/10/2020 at 7:50 PM, OverSword said:

What does that have to do with anything?  You made incorrect assumptions about this story and are wrong.  Be a man and admit it.

You seem unable to comprehend the situation. Not surprising.

• Haha 1