Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The keepers of American criminal history

Eldorado

"Crime has shaped American history just as music, food, modern medicine, inventions, politics. America gave the world Elvis, anesthesia, corn dogs, the lightbulb, and John F. Kennedy.

"We also gave the world Bonnie & Clyde, Ted Bundy, Meyer Lansky, and Charles Manson.

"Who are the people devoted to keeping this history preserved and accessible to the public? These uncommon curators have an important job of preserving our criminal history."

Full article at Crime Online: Link

• Like 2

All countries have their infamous criminals who's history is preserved and accessible to the public. Most are written by the press or authors who write dozens of books. Now it's films. They can be easily traced back through the 1800's. Many were legends and stories even before that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, susieice said:

All countries have their infamous criminals who's history is preserved and accessible to the public. Most are written by the press or authors who write dozens of books. Now it's films. They can be easily traced back through the 1800's. Many were legends and stories even before that.

I was thinking of you when I read this Susie - what a great job for True Crime fans too.

• Like 2

On 9/12/2020 at 1:56 PM, Eldorado said:

"Crime has shaped American history just as music, food, modern medicine, inventions, politics. America gave the world Elvis, anesthesia, corn dogs, the lightbulb, and John F. Kennedy.

"We also gave the world Bonnie & Clyde, Ted Bundy, Meyer Lansky, and Charles Manson.

"Who are the people devoted to keeping this history preserved and accessible to the public? These uncommon curators have an important job of preserving our criminal history."

Full article at Crime Online: Link

I think the history/war channel does a great job of keeping these people in the history books and the minds of the general public (who watch that channel anyway)

5 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

I think the history/war channel does a great job of keeping these people in the history books and the minds of the general public (who watch that channel anyway)

We need to preserve these records.

We dont know where technology will take civilization over the coming centuries. We might reach the point in the future where we can bring back people that died a long time ago.

And what better punishment for them than spending an eternity in a cell.

It's good they preserve these crime histories, as it helps us better understand the human mind and why people commit these actions and what makes them tick. Some probably find it odd and obsessive but in my view its just the study of human behavior.  

• Like 1