Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Florida city to lift ban on 'saggy pants'

Still Waters

A ban on "saggy pants" that reveal a person's underwear is set to be lifted in a South Florida city - 13 years after it was put in place.

The city commission in Opa-locka, northeast of Miami, has voted 4 to 1 to repeal both the original 2007 legislation and a 2013 ordinance that said men and women could receive civil citations if they breached the ban.

Wednesday's vote was a first reading of the repeal, meaning it will need to be approved again at a subsequent commission meeting before it's official, the Miami Herald reports.

However, the item was co-sponsored by four of the five commissioners.

https://news.sky.com/story/florida-city-to-lift-ban-on-saggy-pants-13-years-after-it-was-put-in-place-12071282

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/09/11/us/florida-saggy-pants-ban-trnd/index.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

I didnt know it was a thing a law,

Decades back at my club bouncers loved to knock those dbags pants to the ground while they waited in line, if they bucked they didnt get it,

Girls who did that underwear showing trend got past it like they did tramp stamp tattoos, it just is a symbol of trashy.

I never stopped seeing guys thinking they looked bad and hard with their pants low and old nasty stained drawers showing, i didnt know what it meant, a jail guard i knew said it meant they were catchers not pitchers sounds about right considering.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, susieice said:

FAIL Blog - saggy pants - Epic FAILs funny videos - Funny Fails -  Cheezburger

Is it just me or does anyone else think the guy with theleopard pattern drawers just loaded them with crap?

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, acute said:

It should be illegal, and enforced by the death penalty. :yes:

Agreed.  This is the worst decision since any of Trump's...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

It looks stupid and trashy, and considering I've never seen a girl dress like that they must think so too. The thing is, from what I have heard, prisoners wore pants low and baggy like that as a sign that they were "open for business" so to speak.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, and then said:

Is it just me or does anyone else think the guy with theleopard pattern drawers just loaded them with crap?

Image - 514387] | Justin Bieber | Know Your Meme

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

While we're on the subject of men's fashion, has anyone seen Gucci's fall/winter 2020 fashions? I haven't laughed this hard in ages. Who would pay tens of thousands of dollars to look like this? I could set you up at the Goodwill Thrift Store throwaway bin for less than ten bucks. I had dresses like these when I was 10. Check out the mary jane shoes. 

https://www.gucci.com/us/en/st/stories/runway/article/men-fall-winter-2020-looks-gallery

Edited by susieice
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Piney said:

It makes me want to use a flame thrower for something other than lighting backfires. :unsure2:

Makes me wonder who's clothes he took first. His little niece's or his grandmother's. The one that layers in the hospital gown really cracked me up. Most men I know are trying to stay out of them.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Agreed.  This is the worst decision since any of Trump's...

What does Trump have to do with it? Anyway...no entity has the right to tell me I cannot wear my pants in a fashion that shows my underwear!  They don't have the right to ban such a thing...not even the Congress has the right to do that!  First Amendment! 

Edited by joc
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, joc said:

What does Trump have to do with it? Anyway...no entity has the right to tell me I cannot wear my pants in a fashion that shows my underwear!  They don't have the right to ban such a thing...not even the Congress has the right to do that!  First Amendment! 

I agree, although I wouldn't fight it because it is so stupid.  

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, joc said:

Freedom of speech is lets you wear whatever trousers you like?

Surely only if you talk out of your ass. 

Actually that tracks.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, susieice said:

While we're on the subject of men's fashion, has anyone seen Gucci's fall/winter 2020 fashions? I haven't laughed this hard in ages. Who would pay tens of thousands of dollars to look like this? I could set you up at the Goodwill Thrift Store throwaway bin for less than ten bucks. I had dresses like these when I was 10. Check out the mary jane shoes. 

https://www.gucci.com/us/en/st/stories/runway/article/men-fall-winter-2020-looks-gallery

Yeah,

OIP.JhsJX8MgQoDCuILfQZSaHQHaJ3?w=193&h=2

Well i'm sorry but I would prefer not to see someone's undergarments. That's why belts were made to hold up pants. Also you don't want to see someone's underwear especially if they may have poop stains. And I have actually seen stuff like that its gross.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Scholar4Truth said:

Well i'm sorry but I would prefer not to see someone's undergarments. That's why belts were made to hold up pants. Also you don't want to see someone's underwear especially if they may have poop stains. And I have actually seen stuff like that its gross.

I prefer not to see most people's faces but they still don't put the masks on.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Setton said:

I prefer not to see most people's faces but they still don't put the masks on.

I don't know about in good ole England...but here...I am the only guy not wearing a mask...well, me and that other guy. Most people are.  Which to me is a bit strange.  These same people who disregard the speed limit signs obey the sign By Local Government Order where there is no penalty, no enforcement...but on the road...it's their own personal autoban.

• Confused 1

31 minutes ago, joc said:

I don't know about in good ole England...but here...I am the only guy not wearing a mask...well, me and that other guy. Most people are.  

Oh, it's the same over here - most people are.

It's just always the ones with the ugliest faces or the stupidest things to say who don't cover up.

Obviously another similarity across the Atlantic.

• Thanks 1

On 9/14/2020 at 9:59 PM, joc said:

Whatevs...it's still not right.

Neither is elastic hems in jeans.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Whatevs...it's still not right.

Neither is elastic hems in jeans.

Well,  you got me there!  I mean we do have to draw the line somewhere!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 9/13/2020 at 7:56 PM, the13bats said:

I didnt know it was a thing a law,

Decades back at my club bouncers loved to knock those dbags pants to the ground while they waited in line, if they bucked they didnt get it,

Girls who did that underwear showing trend got past it like they did tramp stamp tattoos, it just is a symbol of trashy.

I never stopped seeing guys thinking they looked bad and hard with their pants low and old nasty stained drawers showing, i didnt know what it meant, a jail guard i knew said it meant they were catchers not pitchers sounds about right considering.

Cops likes bad guys with saggy pants, they cannot run fast, lol

Edited by Jon the frog
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Jon the frog said:

Cops likes bad guys with saggy pants, they cannot run fast, lol

With any trend some take it to limits, you ever see the guys where the pants are way down like to the knee, i guess they are those long sully shorts the entire drawers are exposed and the dude cant hardly walk, who cares about walking he looks down and hard.

Yep, opened a door there.

• Haha 1