Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Westall UFO and Balwyn UFO Photograph

TrumanB

Within a couple of days in early April of 1966 in Melbourne two UFO incidents took place

1. https://www.project1947.com/kbcat/fbbalwyn.htm

2. http://www.deadandburiedpodcast.com/westall-66

Regarding the first incident photography looks real. What do you think of it?

When it comes to high-school case, the official explanation is balloon but witnesses claim that they were almost able to touch it above the paddock and that it wasn't a balloon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am struggling with the reflection in the object on the first one. The house appears to be too high up and partially above where the horizon should be. For it to be a reflection from anything on the ground it would have to be a lot higher than the house?  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, that first pic looks like it could be an object tossed or shopped in,

OIP.mmlR_XTP8ktWVPWKfuN7dwHaE4?w=193&h=1

Or

OIP.zL8ruWpvQBhUIgIigzo3uwHaHa?w=193&h=1

Without stick

The first one is a rather flawed 'analysis' - perhaps I skimmed too lightly, but they seemed to ignore the fuzziness of the image.  Blur which strongly suggests motion of the camera.  It takes a rapid movement  to blur a sunlit shot outdoors .. so was that because of his utter surprise (how convenient was it that the alienz sailed past just as he wuz playing with his camera...) or from the fact he had to move the camera quickly to take the shot after he threw whatever it is...

As for the second, it's been covered here before - here's my comments on an old thread..

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TigerBright19 said:

Vintage toy - Spin top?

spintop.png

The natural way a person would toss a top in the air would be to put a bit of spin on it giving it a slight gyroscope effect, pretty cool, not aliens.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, TrumanB said:

Within a couple of days in early April of 1966 in Melbourne two UFO incidents took place

When it comes to high-school case, the official explanation is balloon but witnesses claim that they were almost able to touch it above the paddock and that it wasn't a balloon.

Westhall has two parts. A balloon and a drogue.

The photos are very unconvincing. As others have noted, there is nothing spectacular to note. It's like thousands if other photos, many of which have been established as fake. 

We don't see claims like this anymore. Why do you suppose that might be?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

We don't see claims like this anymore. Why do you suppose that might be?

Oooh, sir, pick me, pick me, sir!!!  I know this one!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

So you think that photo from the first link is fake?

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, TrumanB said:

Fake as in hoax not aliens yes fake.

Fake as in object tossed into air yes fake.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, TrumanB said:

Is this a real question?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Hope dies last!

7 minutes ago, TrumanB said:

Hope dies last!

Back many decades there were lots of alleged photos of alien craft, most were hoaxes , fakes a few were misidentified earthy objects,

It was almost a cult trend to take something like a hugcap, truck rearview mirror, cook pot, etc toss or hang it in the air and make claims its the mothership. He was late to the party but walters in gulfbreeze tried it with picnic plates,

Go look up videos and pics of people like g adamski and b meiers, and imagine if they tried to pass that stuff off today, but in its day they had their believers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/14/2020 at 1:48 PM, TrumanB said:

I dont see a house in the reflection, I see the siluett of a man, maybe the guy that threw the thing up in the air?

• Like 1

On 9/13/2020 at 10:25 PM, TrumanB said:

As you said regarding the first incident photography looks real i go for that there was a time from 50s to 90s that most UFOs looked Metallic and solid i seen a silver dome going over the village where i lived in 1982....

When it comes to high-school case well how could you keep that under wraps with so many seeing the ufo i go for real incident with a metallic and solid craft

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Hazzard said:

I dont see a house in the reflection, I see the siluett of a man, maybe the guy that threw the thing up in the air?

I do not see that i hear alot of crap and what you are saying is full of it..

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, johncbdg said:

I do not see that i hear alot of crap and what you are saying is full of it..

Do you have anything else, at all, beside silly pictures ala George Adamsky to show us?

As entertaining as it is I kinda feel sorry for you. Heck, even my 12 year old kid looked at me funny when I showed him your "evidence" of alien spaceships on Earth. ^_^

17 hours ago, TrumanB said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Adamski

Yeah, this guy is a real hoaxer.

Yes but there where a few more that all worked in the early days making remote control and anti-gravity crafts trying to perfect new and better technology of flight that was in the early days after the war from early 50s they worked on them from there garage in there back garden and you know what locals around the area where they lived started reporting ufos others like George put the capital A in Aliens and we know them, but  there is a bigger problem not all ufos are fake..

• Thanks 2

Just now, Hazzard said:

Do you have anything else, at all, beside silly pictures ala George Adamsky to show us?

As entertaining as it is I kinda feel sorry for you. Heck, even my 12 year old kid looked at me funny when I showed him your "evidence" of alien spaceships on Earth. ^_^

2 minutes ago, Hazzard said:

But hey did you hear me say Alien?

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, johncbdg said:

Okay this makes me cry with LOL 

Me too...... :lol:

The plunger without the stick in post #4 is a far better match!

• Haha 1