Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pilot: 'Tic-Tac UFO committed act of war'

UM-Bot

6 minutes ago, stereologist said:

I see you are just inept at understanding your use of a straw man argument.

Again, substantiate your claim that I knocked down a straw man.  

Let me break it down for you. The claim was made that memory is unreliable. Unless that claim is qualified (as in something like, "memory can be unreliable") then my observation stands. I'm happy to help clear up your confusion here. I teach an introductory course on Logic every Fall semester and wouldn't mind lending you a hand here, despite your poor attitude. Let me know.

Edited by SeekTruth
  • Like 1

Just now, SeekTruth said:

Again, substantiate your claim that I knocked down a straw man.  

Let me break it down for you. The claim was made that memory is unreliable. Unless that claim is qualified (as in something like, "memory can be unreliable") then my observation stands. I'm happy to help clear up your confusion here. I teach an introductory course on Logic every Fall semester and wouldn't mind lending you a hand here, despite your poor attitude. Let me know.

Now go back and read what you wrote and see how you created a straw man argument.

Due to your snarky attitude in several threads I will not help you out. You teach a course. LOL. I don't believe you.What a ridiculous joke.

1 minute ago, stereologist said:

Now go back and read what you wrote and see how you created a straw man argument.

Due to your snarky attitude in several threads I will not help you out. You teach a course. LOL. I don't believe you.What a ridiculous joke.

You accusing someone of having a snarky attitude..

Now, that's rich! Be well!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SeekTruth said:

You accusing someone of having a snarky attitude..

Now, that's rich! Be well!

And as we notice you did not defend teaching a course. Of course that was not true. Posters wonder why it is so easy to see through the dumb lies people post.

So have you figured out the straw man argument you used or are you going to continue posting more falsehoods about yourself?

3 minutes ago, stereologist said:

And as we notice you did not defend teaching a course. Of course that was not true. Posters wonder why it is so easy to see through the dumb lies people post.

So have you figured out the straw man argument you used or are you going to continue posting more falsehoods about yourself?

Do you want my name and the name of the University I teach at? HA! I'd happily demonstrate my handle on informal fallacies if you would but just attempt to substantiate your claim and demonstrate how exactly I am guilty of a straw man argument. I won't hold my breath; you don't appear to have a teachable spirit anyway.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• The topic was locked