Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Weird Tingles

Chronus

I am putting this here because, honestly, I have no clue where this would go, feel free to move it.

So basically, (not as much recently, as in the past month or two) when I go to bed, I get a tingly sensation in my chest, but its always before I am fully asleep, its like when you are in that in between place before your fully out. And when I feel it it wakes me up. I have heard that this could be something related to OBE's (Out of Body Experiences). I wanted to know what you think it is. I would also want to know (50% cuz I'm curious and the other 50% because I'll be bombarded by skeptics telling me I'm an idiot to think I would have an OBE) what could be going on from the scientific point of view. I've looked it up but nothing comes up to what I feel.

So I would like to know what could be happening on the scientific side, and if it could be a OBE-related thing, what to do after that.

Thanks.

Astral projection is nothing more than a 'mind trip'. There is no evidence that consciousness exists outside the brain.

https://www.livescience.com/27978-astral-projection.html

So don't waste your time trying.

You should tell your doctor about the tingling sensation in your chest as it could signify a serious medical condition.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Sounds like it could have to do something with possession? The heart is in the chest and that seems to be a common entering point. Are you having weird dreams, visions, or something else that would hint at a presence there?

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, HiddenHorn said:

Sounds like it could have to do something with possession? The heart is in the chest and that seems to be a common entering point. Are you having weird dreams, visions, or something else that would hint at a presence there?

I usually don't remember dreams, and I have never had a vision, also welcome to UM

Don't worry about people who say you are wrong, they are not there, it is your experience.  Maybe you can find someone who might give you an different interpretation of an experience, but you are ultimately the one who experienced it.

I suggest you watch the video that LightAngel posted here: 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Don't worry about people who say you are wrong, they are not there, it is your experience.  Maybe you can find someone who might give you an different interpretation of an experience, but you are ultimately the one who experienced it.

Thank you

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Astral projection is nothing more than a 'mind trip'. There is no evidence that consciousness exists outside the brain.

You should tell your doctor about the tingling sensation in your chest as it could signify a serious medical condition.

I doubt I'll tell a doctor, because its nothing bad, my mom says she has it at times to and nothings happened to her.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

I suppose if you have never experienced it you are justified in believing that.  It doesn't help anyone to discount an experience they have had just because you don't agree with their interpretation.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

He did not claim to have had an OBE, just a number of episodes where he felt a tingling sensation in his chest.

The only individuals capable of determining the cause of those sensations are medical professionals.

• Like 5

I suppose if you have never experienced it you are justified in believing that.  It doesn't help anyone to discount an experience they have had just because you don't agree with their interpretation.

One doesn't have to experience something to know it is not true/possible. Furthermore, just because people experience what appears to be an OBE doesn't mean it is one. 

Just because a video corresponds with, and serves, implicit and confirmation biases, does not make it proof of anything. Nanci Trivellato's background is in psychology, not neuroscience (or any other scientific/medical field focused in this area). She provides no scientific evidence whatsoever that OBEs are indeed possible. Just a number of anecdotes, and a survey of people who believe in them. Hardly tangible, irrefutable evidence of anything.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chronus said:

I doubt I'll tell a doctor, because its nothing bad, my mom says she has it at times to and nothings happened to her.

It could be nothing, or it could be something. What you decide to do is entirely up to you. But just know, if it is indeed something, that something could be serious. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

19 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

It could be nothing, or it could be something. What you decide to do is entirely up to you. But just know, if it is indeed something, that something could be serious. 

Basically if something happens you told me so?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Chronus, try and i know its hard not to take alternate opinions to yours or answers you do not like so personal you go on instant attack, it only hurts your integrity and credibility.

Ive had all kinds of sleep related weirdness, that in between sleep and awake is an odd zone, if your heart chest tingles ask yourself if you like what you do, your life are you willing to gamble its not a serious heart or other condition, why not use the same vigor you are using to support its paranormal to also make sure its not a serious health concern.

As far as OBE it to me is akin to climes of psychic abilities, no one, not once has ever proved either exist,  so if you want to believe in it thats fine but dont expect without proof for me to believe it exists outside the mind of the believer, 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Chronus, try and i know its hard not to take alternate opinions to yours or answers you do not like so personal you go on instant attack, it only hurts your integrity and credibility.

Ive had all kinds of sleep related weirdness, that in between sleep and awake is an odd zone, if your heart chest tingles ask yourself if you like what you do, your life are you willing to gamble its not a serious heart or other condition, why not use the same vigor you are using to support its paranormal to also make sure its not a serious health concern.

As far as OBE it to me is akin to climes of psychic abilities, no one, not once has ever proved either exist,  so if you want to believe in it thats fine but dont expect without proof for me to believe it exists outside the mind of the believer, 

Its not my heart its my chest area. Like to the bottom of my neck to about the middle of my chest.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Chronus said:

Basically if something happens you told me so?

Don't know how you reached that conclusion, but yeah, technically yes, I did tell you so. 

Whatever your situation is, it's either physiological or psychological. It's not paranormal.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Chronus said:

Its not my heart its my chest area. Like to the bottom of my neck to about the middle of my chest.

Im guessing you are a younger fellow, my issues, panic. Drdp, ptsd type bs started early 20s, i am way too in tune with every little nuance my body makes, things many would ignore,

Most people relate to that jolt we sometimes get drifting off, but no one thinks its paranormal, otherworldly,

Do i think thingles in your chest is your body trying to shift into obe? No i dont but if you do be sure to come back.

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Im guessing you are a younger fellow, my issues, panic. Drdp, ptsd type bs started early 20s, i am way too in tune with every little nuance my body makes, things many would ignore,

Most people relate to that jolt we sometimes get drifting off, but no one thinks its paranormal, otherworldly,

Do i think thingles in your chest is your body trying to shift into obe? No i dont but if you do be sure to come back.

I just try to sleep, I don't think of anything so it's not panic.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Chronus said:

I just try to sleep, I don't think of anything so it's not panic.

No, i wasnt saying it was panic, it could be a number of things, none paranormal it seemed you desired it to be paranormal and OBE,

Then you seemed cross that people pointed out obe has never been proven, please try to understand their are different types of skeptics and different types true believers,

I can fully respect if you make the claim that you believe your tingles are paranormal, i believe you believe it, but that doesnt mean i believe it, and if you can respect me right back we are good.

Lets say i tell you i can fly like superman, you say okay , thats cool, would you believe me without seeing me fly? I hope not, so you ask me to show you, prove it, and i get cross i start on ad hominem and belitting you just for you asking me to prove my claim, maybe it gets so bad i threaten you for not believing my story, you are likely going to think im looney, and rightly so.

If a person boast of obe ill say prove it and they either will ( never has happened ) or admit they cant and move on which is cool or attack me for calling them out, not cool.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Chronus said:

FYI..... Chest pain is listed as an uncommon Covid symptom.  Mine was in my chest, neck, shoulders and left arm.

28 minutes ago, acute said:

FYI..... Chest pain is listed as an uncommon Covid symptom.  Mine was in my chest, neck, shoulders and left arm.

1. You had covid?

2. This is before covid.

33 minutes ago, the13bats said:

No, i wasnt saying it was panic, it could be a number of things, none paranormal it seemed you desired it to be paranormal and OBE,

Then you seemed cross that people pointed out obe has never been proven, please try to understand their are different types of skeptics and different types true believers,

I can fully respect if you make the claim that you believe your tingles are paranormal, i believe you believe it, but that doesnt mean i believe it, and if you can respect me right back we are good.

Lets say i tell you i can fly like superman, you say okay , thats cool, would you believe me without seeing me fly? I hope not, so you ask me to show you, prove it, and i get cross i start on ad hominem and belitting you just for you asking me to prove my claim, maybe it gets so bad i threaten you for not believing my story, you are likely going to think im looney, and rightly so.

If a person boast of obe ill say prove it and they either will ( never has happened ) or admit they cant and move on which is cool or attack me for calling them out, not cool.

I mean, ya it'd be cool if it was OBE related, but I don't know what to think. But no-one on here has told me what it could be (besides heart problems, well thats what I think your going for) so I haven't crossed any line between medical related or paranormal related.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chronus said:

I mean, ya it'd be cool if it was OBE related, but I don't know what to think. But no-one on here has told me what it could be (besides heart problems, well thats what I think your going for) so I haven't crossed any line between medical related or paranormal related.

I have no clue what caused you to tingle, i dont believe its paranormal and only a dr can rule in or out medical issues,

The body does odd things winding down, in between wake and sleep

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Chronus said:

Not trying to start and arguement on things it could be, if anyone thinks that read this in a passive voice.

Just now, the13bats said:

I have no clue what caused you to tingle, i dont believe its paranormal and only a dr can rule in or out medical issues,

The body does odd things winding down, in between wake and sleep

The worst one I think is when you get that falling feeling

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Chronus said:

The worst one I think is when you get that falling feeling

And do you think that falling feeling is natural as in of the body or paranormal like a spookie is grabbing you?

• The topic was locked