Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Another game of find my keys

the13bats

A few days ago i lost a set of keys, batcave, shead, door,  etc on a long bead chain, keys have color tags,

Normally i always hang them on the hook by front door or they are in my work area, but this time they ran off, my OCD has turned things upside down hunting, i didnt do anything or go anywhere extra to loose them outside the area.

I searched all my clothes pockets, in the car, my work area, in , under bed, bathroom nothing, my guess i put them somewhere dumb and it slipped my mind, perhaps they fell somewhere, i could have missed them in my hunt

Those who know me know i do not believe in psychic powers or Crystal balls but if you do believe and want to show off your gift or just want to have bored fun and take a guess, where do you think my keys might be?

Thanks

cheers

b

Edited by the13bats
adding

Have you checked the fridge?

Or chimney? Those seem like ideal places to misplace something.

• Haha 1

I'm going for..... the kitchen/ utility area.

On, or in, a cupboard on the wall?

Kicked under something?

Behind the washing machine?

In the washing machine?

In the freezer?

Edited by acute
  • Like 1

Cronos, i laughed, i do sometimes sit stuff in my freezer, so ill double check,

We have 2 chimneys but i havent been near either and both are closed up for the season, im in fl.

Floyd, that true because when you find them you stop looking, so it is the last place.

Acute,

Ill go right now and take a gander,

Ill return....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chronus said:

Have you checked the fridge?

Or chimney? Those seem like ideal places to misplace something.

Some think that is funny but once when I couldn't find my keys after turning the house upside down looking for them I decided I needed to sit and think about where they could be.  I went to the freezer to get ice for my tea and there they were!  :lol:

@the13bats have you looked in the freezer yet?  Otherwise, I am no help as I do not have long distance finders talent.

• Haha 1

Maybe a paranormal entity moved them? They might show up again right where they always should have been. Maybe a spirit mocking doubters.

Maybe a natural explanation? 

Let us know,

• Like 1

Yeah, :(

I was being serious i do leave stuff in the refrigerator/freezer, our house is a fixer upper some things very up to par some no, the kitchen is about half functinal, so what acute said i dashed right in there as most times that i do go in there things are hetic, i didnt find them but will ask tina to double check,

Gorilla, when we moved in there were about 40 to 50 keys, no kidding the seller who thought the joint was haunted had done odd things like adding deadbolts to every door, even mostly window doors, i just leave the dead bolt keys in their locks.

there were a mix skeleton and modern keys so i just set up 2 sets of car keys with front door key and the "utility" keys i lost, on a ring then with a bead chain like dog tags, a couple of those keys had color rings,

A sample of my key collection,

20200915_114501_copy_803x675.jpg.c8930a95d9165d459abdcd64f82b6085.jpg

I had a clone of that utility set that i um havent a clue the safe place i put them, lol.

I have a vauge hazy idea that the ones im hunting i hung somewhere atypical but seems we would have found them,

PG,

Ive heard clumsy people insist a spooky pushed them so sure, a paranormal entity moved my keys to smite me for my disbelief,  but i doubt they will return them rather they likely flushed them down the portal to hell.

19 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Ive heard clumsy people insist a spooky pushed them so sure, a paranormal entity moved my keys to smite me for my disbelief,  but i doubt they will return them rather they likely flushed them down the portal to hell.

I seems to me that people who do not believe in the paranormal are left alone.  There has to be a mindset to "open the door" so to speak, maybe mind over matter or something (xeno has a phrase but I guess I am juggling too many mental things now so it isn't coming up in my fore mind).

• Thanks 1

Sometimes ,after I've turned the house upside down trying to find lost keys.i ultimately think "did you leave them in the lock,when you came in ?"

9 times out of 10 times they are there.i really should look there first .

If not there,then the fridge is the next logical place.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I seems to me that people who do not believe in the paranormal are left alone.  There has to be a mindset to "open the door" so to speak, maybe mind over matter or something (xeno has a phrase but I guess I am juggling too many mental things now so it isn't coming up in my fore mind).

Yeah, joe nickell has one and i paraphrase that if a person doesnt want to be troubled with hauntings and such be a skeptic, skeptics are never bothered,

After all my years of research ive come to the conclusion that paranormal is a mental condition existing in the mind of the believer, no, not like they are just more open and enlightened but rather just cant tell all imaginary and delusions from reality so it is very much real to them.

Sorry, Back to topic,

"And then" i scanned that link, but im lazy, do you buy the tags place them on things you dont wanna loose and the app finds it?

Whats the range, does it require wifi to work?

Diddyman, actually i did many timed leave the keys hanging in the bat cave ( basement ) lock,  but no luck this time, and in a crunch i had to break into the basement, and my wife was wrong i didnt lock the keys down there, lol.

• Like 1

The kitchen is definitely my favourite place to leave my keys by mistake. It's usually when I return from food shopping.

I know the stuff is going in the kitchen, so I take it straight there, and set my keys down somewhere stupid.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Yeah, joe nickell has one and i paraphrase that if a person doesnt want to be troubled with hauntings and such be a skeptic, skeptics are never bothered,

After all my years of research ive come to the conclusion that paranormal is a mental condition existing in the mind of the believer, no, not like they are just more open and enlightened but rather just cant tell all imaginary and delusions from reality so it is very much real to them.

Sorry, Back to topic,

"And then" i scanned that link, but im lazy, do you buy the tags place them on things you dont wanna loose and the app finds it?

Whats the range, does it require wifi to work?

Diddyman, actually i did many timed leave the keys hanging in the bat cave ( basement ) lock,  but no luck this time, and in a crunch i had to break into the basement, and my wife was wrong i didnt lock the keys down there, lol.

My daughter has those tags, even one on her phone but they do not always work.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

My daughter has those tags, even one on her phone but they do not always work.

Bummer, some apps better than others i guess

Made me think of those early 80s key fobs you clapped or whistled they went off buzzing, the range sucked if my keys were that close i would have found them.

I was intrigued with apps for house lighting but i think it has to have wifi

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Tele/psychokinesis for mind over matter as for the subject of "being open" that would be a person's reality tunnel. Doesn't mean it's real though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Tele/psychokinesis for mind over matter as for the subject of "being open" that would be a person's reality tunnel. Doesn't mean it's real though.

Fish, i find that an intriguing subject, do you happen to know if their are any threads about it the "search" feature here doesnt like me,

10 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Fish, i find that an intriguing subject, do you happen to know if their are any threads about it the "search" feature here doesnt like me,

What do you want to know about reality tunnels? 

48 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

What do you want to know about reality tunnels? 

Where does it fit with things like mental illness, schizophrenia, where a person believes delusions and imagination is real, it is real to them.

Lets say fred knows santa isnt real but adamantly believes he sees ghosts and has special powers,  to him its real and we are the ones with problems for not seeing what he sees and believing him.

5 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Where does it fit with things like mental illness, schizophrenia, where a person believes delusions and imagination is real, it is real to them.

Lets say fred knows santa isnt real but adamantly believes he sees ghosts and has special powers,  to him its real and we are the ones with problems for not seeing what he sees and believing him.

With mental illness it is beyond a person's control. As for believing in ghost, that belief is a filter. A person chooses to believe or not.

• Like 1

Okay, but what if fred isnt in control and sincerely thinks, knows whatever word to use his seeing a ghost and having special powers is real, does that then place fred into the catagory of mentally ill?

9 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Okay, but what if fred isnt in control and sincerely thinks, knows whatever word to use his seeing a ghost and having special powers is real, does that then place fred into the catagory of mentally ill?

Then Fred probably has issues yes.