Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mass hysterectomies at ICE detention center?

Eldorado

The complaint said that the "rate at which the hysterectomies have occurred" at the centre was a "red flag" for Ms Wooten and other nurses.

She alleged about one doctor that "everybody he sees has a hysterectomy", and that he removed the wrong ovary from one young detainee.

"We've questioned among ourselves like, goodness he's taking everybody's stuff out…That's his speciality, he's the uterus collector," Ms Wooten said in the complaint.

One detainee, interviewed by Project South, likened the centre to "an experimental concentration camp", adding: "It was like they're experimenting with our bodies."

Full story at the BBC: Link

CBS: Link

• Sad 5

"She alleged"  I think I'll wait a bit before giving this any credence.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Remember kids, Abortions are wrong, but sterilizing mexicans so they don't have gross babies who'll grow up to be MS-13 is A-Okay according to the ghost of Reagan! :D

Jesus ****ing /christ/ this is the worst thing I've seen come out of the trump administration. And that's a pretty ****ing high bar. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Yeah, I need to wait to see if there is any truth to this.

i would like to see vasectomies offered for free.   I would go as far as offering a little bit of time off a prison sentence if you get a vasectomy.   By choice of course.  Like if you are serving a 4 year sentence, it'll be reduced by 3 months if you get a vasectomy.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Myles said:

it'll be reduced by 3 months

How bout 4 months 2 for each harry fellow,

1 hour ago, and then said:

"She alleged"  I think I'll wait a bit before giving this any credence.

Yeah, i have to agree with AT on this one while it does sadly not shocking sound like something trumps gang would endorse,  it also has a tabloid ring to it,

i wanna see proof and if true then hows it go, the excrement will enter the air moving apparatus.

• Haha 1

From the Conservative press:

Georgia prison with ICE detainees performs questionable hysterectomies, shreds coronavirus records: nurse

Fox News: Link

Edited by Eldorado
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

She had time off for coronavirus symptoms and got demoted to basically what we in the UK would call a zero hour contract. 

Then the next thing that happens is she makes a serious allegation about a doctors conduct. Why has she decided to say something only now? If misconduct has occurred on the scale she alleges then why didn`t she said something months or years ago? Why has only she alleged it?

It sounds like someone with a massive ego cannot cope with losing favour in her job. Of course even with a phoney complaint it is investigated properly just in case. Lets wait until an investigation has been conducted. If it turns out to be a phoney complaint give her 10 years in prison and strike her off the medical bar.

• Like 2

I like how when it's Hilary Clinton and Tom Hanks eating babies after banging them it's all bets are off but when it's something like this we need to "wait for more sources and facts to come out".

• Thanks 7
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Kind of reminds me of the complete turnaround by Democrats from the sexual assault accusations against Kavenaugh than against Biden.

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

This kind of thing has happened in the past, I suspect it is true, but I would like better source than Fox News.  When I have time, if I remember I will see if it shows up on any other news feed.

When my Navajo foster brother was 13 he was in a car accident and had to have surgery and while they were at it they gave him an unsolicited vasectomy, his parents were not consulted or even told until he spoke up about certain pain.  This was in the early 70's. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

She had time off for coronavirus symptoms and got demoted to basically what we in the UK would call a zero hour contract. 

Then the next thing that happens is she makes a serious allegation about a doctors conduct. Why has she decided to say something only now? If misconduct has occurred on the scale she alleges then why didn`t she said something months or years ago? Why has only she alleged it?

It sounds like someone with a massive ego cannot cope with losing favour in her job. Of course even with a phoney complaint it is investigated properly just in case. Lets wait until an investigation has been conducted. If it turns out to be a phoney complaint give her 10 years in prison and strike her off the medical bar.

You might be on to something, however, I missed those details about the nurse im sure you have no issues posting a link to back up your claims

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Kind of reminds me of the complete turnaround by Democrats from the sexual assault accusations against Kavenaugh than against Biden.

How so, plesse in an unbiased way explain.

Edited by the13bats

31 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

I like how when it's Hilary Clinton and Tom Hanks eating babies after banging them it's all bets are off but when it's something like this we need to "wait for more sources and facts to come out".

Well, i do not compare myself to either side, but i do like any open thinking intelligent person will not bet the farm on anything fox claims, im waiting for a report from a better more reliable source, heck for all we know at the moment trump ordered the doc to do it, it wouldnt surprise too many if he did.

• Like 2

Even MSN reported it

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ice-detainees-faced-medical-neglect-and-hysterectomies-whistleblower-alleges/ar-BB192Fiz

The Intercept also reported that Wooten’s account was “bolstered by interviews with another current member of Irwin’s medical staff – who asked not to be named for fear of retaliation – and four people currently or recently detained there”.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Um no, you said,

33 minutes ago, Michelle said:

You said it kind of reminds you of that, i asked explain how/why you feel that way your links do not say why you think as you reflected that you do.

Edited by the13bats

7 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Um no, you said,

You said it kind of reminds you of that, i asked explain how/why you feel that way your links do not say why you think as you reflected that you do.

There was absolutely no evidence against Kavanaugh and they put him through a week long hearing. Democrats were coming out of the woodwork to crucify him, including the ones in Hollywood.

When Biden was accused they said the Me Too movement wasn't that we have to believe all women. Meh, they know Joe and don't think he could ever do something like that...crickets.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Michelle said:

There was absolutely no evidence against Kavanaugh and they put him through a week long hearing. Democrats were coming out of the woodwork to crucify him, including the ones in Hollywood.

When Biden was accused they said the Me Too movement wasn't that we have to believe all women. Meh, they know Joe and don't think he could ever do something like that...crickets.

And why does this threads case make you think of that?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

After the last 4 years I no longer believe anything on the News.

Me either, but you forgot the links backing up your claims about the nurse

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Robotic Jew said:

Since you seem to have a little trouble with comprehension, batty, this was the post right before mine.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, the13bats said:

And why does this threads case make you think of that?

It was a play off of the post above hers.

"I like how when it's Hilary Clinton and Tom Hanks eating babies after banging them it's all bets are off but when it's something like this we need to "wait for more sources and facts to come out".

• "
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Robotic Jew said:

Both the left and the right do this.  Possibly the left more due to certain media outlets and the masses they reach, but both sides do it allot.    I usually like to wait.  

• Like 1