Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Virologist claims Coronavirus made in lab

DarkHunter

I know this sounds like a conspiracy theory and I'm not sure what to make of this but this is definitely interesting.

A chinese virologist, Yan Li-Meng, has claimed that the coronavirus was made in a Chinese virology lab ran by the peoples liberation army and she is saying she will soon be releasing proof of her claim.  

Her and a team of scientists released a paper claiming evidence of the virus being artificially created.

Seems that in April Yan Li-Meng fled China and is now hiding in the United States and is saying China is now trying to essentially erase her work and discredit her along with her fearing for her life.  China and WHO, which China does essentially control, both refute her claim.

Some articles about Yan Li-Meng and her claims, seems no major western news sources are really running this story yet so take the sources for what ever one considers their worth.

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/4009390

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mumbaimirror.indiatimes.com/coronavirus/news/have-proof-covid-19-came-from-a-wuhan-lab-chinese-virologist/amp_articleshow/78106783.cms

https://www.google.com/amp/s/en.as.com/en/2020/09/13/latest_news/1600005226_260979.amp.html

This is a link to the research paper mentioned in at least one of the links.

https://zenodo.org/record/4028830#.X2FzWFMpAwD

Not sure what to think of this, could very well be fake or true at this point given how crazy this year has been, but it does seem interesting and since she was on Fox news I feel like this might be picking up soon.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

Utter BS. Zenodo is a file-hosting website, not a journal. Anybody can upload anything there. This "paper" was never published in a peer-reviewed journal. None of the authors seem to be actual virologists associated with scientific institutes, instead they're affiliated with the anti-Chinese "Rule of Law Society" headed by Steve Bannon. Yes, that Steve Bannon. 

Edited by Carnoferox
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I'm glad this already got discredited - but a good rule of thumb is to question the reason. Why would chine shoot its own leg like this? They suffered the most initially - and while they do reasonably well now it seems it would have been impossible to predict with any amount of certainty how bad other countries fair. Also: If you create a top secret virus and want to weaken (presumably) the western world with it, why not let the breakout start somewhere else? Let some infected Chinese drones do their thing somewhere else instead

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, HiddenHorn said:

I'm glad this already got discredited - but a good rule of thumb is to question the reason. Why would chine shoot its own leg like this? They suffered the most initially - and while they do reasonably well now it seems it would have been impossible to predict with any amount of certainty how bad other countries fair. Also: If you create a top secret virus and want to weaken (presumably) the western world with it, why not let the breakout start somewhere else? Let some infected Chinese drones do their thing somewhere else instead

A fair point @HiddenHorn

A theory I heard in the early days was that the virus WAS from a chinese level-4 research centre, and it escaped by accident. (a worker got infected without knowing it, and spread the disease). However, that was only ever specpulation. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, HiddenHorn said:

It isn't discredited....

the question of whether it is man made in a laboratory or just came from an animal (bat) has not gone away..

and if (IF) this was a deliberate release - and that could be categorized as an act of war... biological war..
they would try to head off being accused of the (speculated) biological attack by doing something like shooting themselves in the 'leg' - just a little flesh wound that is then healed / contained..

The virus was always going to be analysed and traced back to a bat connection in China... so a cover story had to be put in place..?

But going further down the Rabbit Hole... I think an American Laboratory (can't remember where at the mo.. is said to have been experimenting with and patenting coronavirus as well...).... so there could be collusion with Globalists and China in there somewhere..

There are a few possibilities..

one... the virus came from an animal (bats?) in China and accidentally spread.. 

two... the virus was made in a laboratory in China and accidentally got out into the general population 

three...the virus was created and deliberately spread around the world by China or by China working with Globalists... 

If the spread was deliberate then it was a covert act of biogical war  -

I actually think it began to spread around the world in 2019.... mainly the end of 2019...  

edit to add.... welcome to the forum :) 

Edited by bee
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Dr Li-Meng Yan talking to Tucker Carlson...

She is saying that it was deliberately released by the Chinese Communist Party....

video description...

A Chinese virologist whistleblower who fled the country after leaving her job at a Hong Kong university claims coronavirus was “man-made” in a lab – and the communist nation released the virus “intentionally”. Doctor Li-Meng Yan, who published a study undermining the origin theory that coronavirus naturally occurred, told Fox News it did not come from nature. “This is created in the lab,” she told Fox News. “China’s military discovered and owned the very unique bat coronavirus which cannot affect people, but after the modification became the very harmful virus. “I have evidence to show why they can do it, what they have done, how did they do it.” She said nobody speaks about the virus being manufactured in China because of “big suppression” from the Chinese Communist Party. “The scientific world also keeps silent, works together with Chinese Community Party,”

Dr Li-Meng said. “They don’t want people to know this truth. “That’s why I get suspended, I get suppression, I am the target that the Chinese Community Party wants to be disappeared. “I worked in the WHO reference lab which is the top coronavirus lab in the world at the University of Hong Kong. “And the thing is I get deeply into such investigation in secret from the early beginning of this outbreak. “I had my intelligence because I also get my own unit network in China.”

In her research, the doctor said SARS-CoV-2, the virus which causes COVID-19, shows “biological characteristics that are inconsistent with a naturally occurring zoonotic virus” and could be created in a lab in “approximately six months”. “The natural origin theory, although widely accepted, lacks substantial support,” the authors said. “The alternative theory that the virus may have come from a research laboratory is, however, strictly censored on peer-reviewed scientific journals. “The genomic, structural, medical, and literature evidence, which, when considered together, strongly contradicts the natural origin theory. “The evidence shows that SARS-CoV-2 should be a laboratory product created by using bat coronaviruses ZC45 and/or ZXC21 as a template and/or backbone.” Dr Li-Meng said would release another report soon to “make you fully understand the case”. Her research was uploaded to the open-access repository website Zenodo.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Setton said:

Except it was. In the very first post.

some studies say one thing - other studies say something else...

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, bee said:

some studies say one thing - other studies say something else...

You find one reputable study that says it's artificial then.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Setton said:

You find one reputable study that says it's artificial then.

I might when I have time... I have seen some a while back -  but of course you will not listen and will shamelessly use the 'reputable' part of your demand to reject anything that doesn't fit in with your politics...

and we have the virologist that is the subject of this thread - her work...

1 hour ago, bee said:

It isn't discredited....

the question of whether it is man made in a laboratory or just came from an animal (bat) has not gone away..

and if (IF) this was a deliberate release - and that could be categorized as an act of war... biological war..
they would try to head off being accused of the (speculated) biological attack by doing something like shooting themselves in the 'leg' - just a little flesh wound that is then healed / contained..

The virus was always going to be analysed and traced back to a bat connection in China... so a cover story had to be put in place..?

But going further down the Rabbit Hole... I think an American Laboratory (can't remember where at the mo.. is said to have been experimenting with and patenting coronavirus as well...).... so there could be collusion with Globalists and China in there somewhere..

There are a few possibilities..

one... the virus came from an animal (bats?) in China and accidentally spread.. 

two... the virus was made in a laboratory in China and accidentally got out into the general population 

three...the virus was created and deliberately spread around the world by China or by China working with Globalists... 

If the spread was deliberate then it was a covert act of biogical war  -

I actually think it began to spread around the world in 2019.... mainly the end of 2019...  

edit to add.... welcome to the forum :) 

LOL, I find it hilarious that you're really up to speed on the CTs, but not so much on the natural cause. 

One can see what you research to support your predetermined conclusion :lol:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bee said:

I might when I have time... I have seen some a while back -  but of course you will not listen and will shamelessly use the 'reputable' part of your demand to reject anything that doesn't fit in with your politics...

and we have the virologist that is the subject of this thread - her work...

Not true at all. You make claims that you do not back up.

This is not even a new story. It goes back quite a while and was shown to be baloney months ago.

And here is a stinker of an error being claimed: "has been alleging that the coronavirus came from a Chinese lab and that it is a chimera based on the "Zhoushan bat coronavirus."

The problem is chimera. 

• Like 1

Here is an article dated July 27.

https://en.as.com/en/2020/07/27/latest_news/1595845923_425797.html

Yan also stated that she warned a WHO contractor, Lee Poon, about the rapid spread of the coronavirus. The virologist said she was told to remain silent on the subject so as not to endanger her life. “He told me to be careful, to not step on the red line; that is to say, to not go against government procedures or question their principles. If not, I would find myself in trouble and I could disappear,” Yan said.

However, the WHO has roundly denied these claims, stating that they have no record of Yan working at a high-level lab specialized in virus detection and pandemics pertaining to the WHO. The organization also said it has no record of anyone named Lee Poon on file.

There were questions about Li-Meng months ago.

2 hours ago, bee said:

I might when I have time... I have seen some a while back -  

Sure you have :rolleyes:

I wait with bated breath...

but of course you will not listen and will shamelessly use the 'reputable' part of your demand to reject anything that doesn't fit in with your politics...

I can define it for you if that helps?

Find me any peer-reviewed article from a reputable scientific journal that supports the claim this virus is man-made. 

For the avoidance of doubt, reputable means any of the top 100 journals, ranked by impact factor.

It should also have been cited on numerous occasions (say over 50), unless very recently published.

Is that clearly defined enough for you?

and we have the virologist that is the subject of this thread - her work...

Does her work meet the threshold I set out?

Here is a study that does meet the standard (far, far exceeds it in fact). Unfortunately, it says you are wrong.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0820-9

• Like 1

After seeing the usual suspects have come piling in..... :rolleyes:

It took about 5 minutes to find this...

And probably indicates why there is a certain smugness that a ''''reputable'''' article / paper will not be readily available.. at least on the  internet...

Scientists and laboratories do not automatically have the freedom to publish stuff if it goes against the generally accepted direction that is being established... especially if it overlaps with politics and prevailing political agendas....and that probably affects funding and fear of losing funding as well.... 

Of course... it's a waste of my time to provide anything for those who have come in all guns blazing to shoot down anything that deviates from the politically accepted 'natural' development theory... ^_^..... but I will respond anyway.... for others who might be a bit more open minded about these things.... ;)

https://www.gmwatch.org/en/news/latest-news/19475-journals-censor-lab-origin-theory-for-sars-cov-2

Journals censor lab origin theory for SARS-CoV-2

A growing number of scientists think that the virus causing COVID-19 may have been genetically engineered and/or a lab escape – but they can't get their evidence published in journals. Report: Claire Robinson

As evidence builds for the lab-manipulated origin of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that caused the COVID-19 epidemic, scientific journals are running scared of publishing papers that broach this possibility.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The latest paper to support the lab origin and genetic manipulation theories has been published not in a peer-reviewed journal, but in a magazine. The distinguished scientists Birger Sørensen, Angus Dalgleish and Andres Susrud have published their long-awaited paper on the website of a Norwegian magazine called Minerva.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sørensen had previously told Minerva that he had encountered "a certain reluctance" on the part of journals to publish the paper – without the journals giving "proper scientific objections".

Former MI6 head Sir Richard Dearlove saw the paper prior to publication and is convinced by it. Commenting on the scientists' difficulties in publishing their work, Dearlove said that one journal "refused it within a week of receiving it, and in the same period accepted for publication two or three Chinese articles that relate to the virus, within 48 hours".

Sørensen thinks that the journals' reluctance is due largely to the fact that a lab origin for the virus is "a very uncomfortable finding, and the production of new scientific articles that can be used to prove such findings has all but ground to a halt. Chinese scientists no longer publish articles that can be used to support such a hypothesis.” He adds, “This quickly becomes a discussion on politics, rather than science. Nobody wants to put forward the inconvenient truth, many scientists are also concerned about their own funding and position if they were to put forward such a controversial hypothesis."

• Thanks 1

There seems to be a bit of confusion in this article.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8510747/Chinese-virologist-claims-Beijing-DID-cover-coronavirus-outbreak.html

Yan says she was one of the first scientists to study the coronavirus that would become known as Covid-19, and claims at the end of December 2019 she was asked by her supervisor at the University - Dr. Leo Poon - to look into an odd cluster of SARS-like cases in mainland China. 

In this article Poon is her boss and in another article he is a WHO contractor.

Edited by stereologist

6 minutes ago, bee said:

*easily disproved bs snipped*

Gmwatch.com is not a reputable site. They are anti-biotech and essentially anti-science.

Oh yeah! Theyre also affiliated with the transcendental meditation cult.  So, basically, exactly the kind of place I would expect you to get your science news.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Here is something curious.

https://bgr.com/2020/07/13/coronavirus-origin-human-to-human-spread-china-coverup-whistleblower/

China denied Yan’s claims, saying they don’t know who she is and maintaining China’s original story of the country’s COVID-19 response. The University of Hong Kong also no longer lists her as a member of the faculty. The WHO keeps denying any wrongdoing in the early days of the pandemic, as well, though the organization has received plenty of criticism for failing to take action sooner.

Well she published articles. Here is her name as second author.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-020-2342-5

• Thanks 1

Here is a list of her publications including the one I previously listed.

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Limeng_Yan

Here is the other article that she published on COVID-19. Again she is second author.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/340042154_Viral_dynamics_in_mild_and_severe_cases_of_COVID-19

Leo Poon shows up as the next to last author.

Looks like Twitter censored her account now

https://www-newsweek-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.newsweek.com/twitter-suspends-dr-li-meng-yan-wuhan-lab-coronavirus-covid19-1532193?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&amp=1&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA%3D#aoh=16002630878173&amp_ct=1600263154287&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.newsweek.com%2Ftwitter-suspends-dr-li-meng-yan-wuhan-lab-coronavirus-covid19-1532193

I have to take time to actually look through her claims. 

But it does seems like everyone here kind of had a knee-jerk reaction that it can't possibly be true for some reason.

Like this lady is a PHD who for some reason felt the need to flee the county in April. 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Looks like Twitter censored her account now

https://www-newsweek-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.newsweek.com/twitter-suspends-dr-li-meng-yan-wuhan-lab-coronavirus-covid19-1532193?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&amp=1&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA%3D#aoh=16002630878173&amp_ct=1600263154287&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.newsweek.com%2Ftwitter-suspends-dr-li-meng-yan-wuhan-lab-coronavirus-covid19-1532193

I have to take time to actually look through her claims. 

But it does seems like everyone here kind of had a knee-jerk reaction that it can't possibly be true for some reason.

Like this lady is a PHD who for some reason felt the need to flee the county in April. 

Saw that she left Hong Kong and went to see the FBI when she arrived. 

But so far we only have her word that she fled the country. We can't tell. It is clear that the newspaper accounts are full of odd and possibly incorrect statements about the incident. 

Being second author is pretty interesting. But the articles that were published don't seem to put her in a position of deciding that the origin of the disease.

With the crackdowns going on in Hong Kong are we seeing someone that fled the country or someone looking for an excuse to move to the US? Maybe it is something other than that. Can't tell.

There was no word from Twitter as to why the account was closed. It went beyond just labeling comments on COVID as questionable.

• Like 1