Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
DarkHunter

Virologist claims Coronavirus made in lab

197 posts in this topic

bee
3 minutes ago, Setton said:

Except none of that is the case, as covered very comprehensively.

Do you actually think if you just keep posting the same rubbish, people will fall for it?

why are you so eager to defend the Chinese Communist Party... ?

and aren't you bothered that a Scientific Journal like 'Nature' might be trying to play the whole thing down...

I'm not saying that both of these things are 100% definite... (that the Chinese Military released a virus intentionally as an act of war and 'Nature' is intentionally playing it down by providing an argument for the Natural Mutation angle....)

but I am 90% leaning in that direction because it fits in with the Bigger Picture of what's going on in the world today... collusion between Globalists / Communists / Marxists / Islamists..... and the attempt to destabilize the West - America especially... 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

psyche101
22 minutes ago, bee said:

The thread topic is about a virologist claiming that the Chinese Communist Party Military were responsible for making and intentionally spreading Covid 19....

This could not be more serious because that would be an act of biological war - and this may be why it's being played down so the world is not further destabilized at this time... I have thought before that world leaders may have been made aware that the virus was man made and unpredictable and that's why they were so easily persuaded to take extreme measures to try and slow down the spread... it was an unknown virus and potentially much worse than it turned out....

Li-Meng Yan says at the 5:00 mark (in video below) about it being man made and released intentionally...

Coronavirus was made in a Chinese lab and released ‘intentionally’: Whistleblower virologist 

If this turns out to be the case and scientific journals like Nature have actually colluded with scientists to shield and protect the Chinese Communist Party... this is a serious matter... very serious... 

1. If her claims hold any weight, why aren't thousands of virologist supporting her globally?

2. Do you actually understand the virus well enough to entirely comprehend her alleged evidence?

3. What was the alleged point of releasing the virus? What in fact had been accomplished? 

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

psyche101
2 minutes ago, bee said:

but I am 90% leaning in that direction because it fits in with the Bigger Picture of what's going on in the world today... collusion between Globalists / Communists / Marxists / Islamists..... and the attempt to destabilize the West - America especially...

Whilst that sounds a lot like crazy talk, and I'm quite sure it is, I'd like to ask, how is the virus destabilising the west? Have you seen what the US has been up to lately without any outside encouragement? Couldn't "they" just sit back and watch without killing of the elderly people who are no threat to the crazy agendas CT people come up with?

• Like 1

bee
1 minute ago, psyche101 said:

1. If her claims hold any weight, why aren't thousands of virologist supporting her globally?

2. Do you actually understand the virus well enough to entirely comprehend her alleged evidence?

3. What was the alleged point if releasing the virus? What in fact had been accomplished? 

1. fears of having funding removed... difficulties of getting papers peer reviewed because aspects of science are controlled and politicized

2. not yet but I'm picking stuff up as I go along... and I would say you don't fully understand the virus either... in fact the scientists probably don't either - because they are saying different things... but the Natural Mutation hypothesis is the one being pushed hardest..

3. we have yet to see the effects on the World Economy... and the possible destabilizing - but so far it has cause mayhem socially and medically..

bee
2 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Whilst that sounds a lot like crazy talk, and I'm quite sure it is, I'd like to ask, how is the virus destabilising the west? Have you seen what the US has been up to lately without any outside encouragement? Couldn't "they" just sit back and watch without killing of the elderly people who are no threat to the crazy agendas CT people come up with?

yes well as you live so close to China... let's hope your (complacent?) attitude is justified...

I wish all this wasn't happening - but it is and we all have out different viewpoints on whats going on... 

IF  and I'm saying IF.... it was a deliberate spread of a laboratory made virus... it is COVERT... so it would have to look like it could be a natural mutation - I'm sure there are biological weapons (outlawed by International Law but still lurking around laboratories?) that could have practically wiped out the Western Nations.... but it couldn't have been confined and would have spread further.. and would have been obvious and not covert...

so something like Covid 19... could do the job of creating mayhem socially and medically.... forcing the biggest removal of human rights since WW2.... (even in WW2 people and families could meet up and be together...).....

and the effect on the economies of different countries has yet to show itself... as businesses struggle to keep afloat )although big corporations are probably doing ok if not better than before...? )

This is a big complicated subject with lots of variables but you aren't going to 'get' any of it if you just believe everything the government says...and support the authoritarian approach....

IMO

Manwon Lender
39 minutes ago, bee said:

yes well as you live so close to China... let's hope your (complacent?) attitude is justified...

I wish all this wasn't happening - but it is and we all have out different viewpoints on whats going on... 

IF  and I'm saying IF.... it was a deliberate spread of a laboratory made virus... it is COVERT... so it would have to look like it could be a natural mutation - I'm sure there are biological weapons (outlawed by International Law but still lurking around laboratories?) that could have practically wiped out the Western Nations.... but it couldn't have been confined and would have spread further.. and would have been obvious and not covert...

so something like Covid 19... could do the job of creating mayhem socially and medically.... forcing the biggest removal of human rights since WW2.... (even in WW2 people and families could meet up and be together...).....

and the effect on the economies of different countries has yet to show itself... as businesses struggle to keep afloat )although big corporations are probably doing ok if not better than before...? )

This is a big complicated subject with lots of variables but you aren't going to 'get' any of it if you just believe everything the government says...and support the authoritarian approach....

IMO

Actually Biological Weapons have been used, by Russia. They used an agent called Yellow Rain, which was sprayed from Helicopters, look it up you may find it interesting. In the past 40 years there have been two Biological Agents that could be used effectively and 1 has been Anthrax, the other would be Small Pox. For a Biological Agent to be effective you must have a good delivery system, for Anthrax delivery would be difficult for large scale use. Because Anthrax is not spread from person to person, in order to become infected you must inhale Anthrax Spores so large scale delivery would be very very difficult do to keeping released spores concentrated.

Small Pox on the other hand would be a very good Biological Weapon. It is very highly contagious, it kills very rapidly and of course it is easily spread from both animate and inanimate objects. Not to mention that in the last 10 years the medical community has discovered that the Small Pox vaccine that was suppose to be life long isn't. Now we all know that Small Pox has been eradicated since the late 1970s, the only infections since that time were in laboratories. On the bright side there is a new Small Pox Vaccine that was developed in the last 15 years. But if Small Pox shows up again in the general population it would be assumed to be a Biological Attack.

The problem with COVID19 being a Biological Weapon, is no one would intentionally release a Biological Weapon unless they already had a Vaccine for it, to protect their population. Second, it isn't deadly enough, any Biological Agent would need to have two things to be effective, rapid on set of symptoms, like exposure to infection in 5 days or less. Next it would need to have a very short infection to death rate, COVID19 has none of those effects. First it's incubation period is 7 to 14 Days, and it isn't deadly enough to be a weapon of choice. Now, I do not beleive that this Virus escaped from a Laboratory, the main reason is because the Virus did not start in Wuhan.

The first cases reported were located well outside Wuhan, in late October or early November. It appears that people who were ill went to Wuhan looking for medical treatment and that is how this disease was introduced in a major population center. The area where the first infections came from had no near by laboratories, so unless the Virus was released intentionally, which I doubt it was, it is most likely naturally occurring. I am only offering you my point of view, I doubt you believe what I am saying anyway, but Biological Weapons is were my military background lays.

• Thanks 1

psyche101
1 hour ago, bee said:

1. fears of having funding removed... difficulties of getting papers peer reviewed because aspects of science are controlled and politicized

Every scientist in earth?

And the only one coming forward is doing so from one of the strictest governments on the planet?

1 hour ago, bee said:

2. not yet but I'm picking stuff up as I go along... and I would say you don't fully understand the virus either... in fact the scientists probably don't either - because they are saying different things... but the Natural Mutation hypothesis is the one being pushed hardest..

It actually makes sense though, and you do realise it's not the first time we have seen this type of virus? This one just attacks a different part of the respiratory system to the others. 

1 hour ago, bee said:

3. we have yet to see the effects on the World Economy... and the possible destabilizing - but so far it has cause mayhem socially and medically..

I'm not seeing how medical and social mayhem are an advantage? The BLM stuff in the US seems to be dwarfing the pandemic mayhem. 

• Like 1

psyche101
1 hour ago, bee said:

What's the actual genuine concern? Invasion? War? Economic takeover? More Chinese restaurants in busy areas? 

1 hour ago, bee said:

I'm sure everyone does. No doubt the same goes for SARS victims and sufferers, polio victims, ebola victims, AIDS, Spanish flu, yellow fever and Russian plague. Right back to first contact with native peoples, pandemics are a regular appearance in our history. That history offers a viewpoint of experience and proof that nature wants to kill us more than the Chinese do. That's just what it does. 

1 hour ago, bee said:

But it's killing the weakest, and leaving the strongest. 

Isn't that a pretty bad idea?

1 hour ago, bee said:

That's a huge exaggeration though. Ive not given up any rights, have you? 

What about all the people who support isolation measures? Would you say they are the majority of the minority? 

1 hour ago, bee said:

A lot are. I'm not with a big corporation, we do decent sized work, but we have not changed at all. I've been doing 10 to 12 hour days just to keep up. Admittedly a couple of city projects were put on hold in the worst of the crisis, but most of our restrictions have been eased and the rest are underway. I can go to the pub, took my kids to the movies last weekend and I can eat at cafes and restaurants. Done so every Sunday for the last month on bike rides in the hinterland actually. Until those irresponsible Victorian girls set things of again, we were doing even better. A few weeks of care, and we're already on the way up again. It's visibly working.

When restrictions are finally removed, I predict that there will be a massive boom in the entertainment industry with flow on effects to the food and transport industries. It's been a tough year, but it's not getting worse, it's getting better. Slowly but surely. If we get a vaccine soon, next year will be a bumper I reckon. Economies fluctuate wildly. That's not uncommon either. I don't think it's as bad economically here now as it was when we had the recession "we had to have".

1 hour ago, bee said:

IMO

I'm working with what I see. Look at how you over reacted in the Victorian thread. Did you see the photos Timothy, who lives there, posted? Does it look like carnage? Your always going on about MSM. What makes any media hype refute what an actual resident is telling us, with photos? 

I'm not seeing any authoritarian approach. I'm reading a few people like you telling me that it's happening, but like the Victorian thread, it's all just wannabes trying to hype up some trouble who are too special to wear a mask. That's got nothing to do with the government. It's got to do with you being demonstrably wrong. 

• Like 3

Setton
2 hours ago, bee said:

why are you so eager to defend the Chinese Communist Party... ?

I'm eager to let people know the facts.

The facts do not support your conspiracy theory.

You know they don't. So I'm not clear what your agenda is, but it isn't truth.

and aren't you bothered that a Scientific Journal like 'Nature' might be trying to play the whole thing down...

No, because they aren't. Both links you have provided to support this claim are rife with inaccuracies and misrepresentations, as I have previously demonstrated.

You have not been able to respond to my criticism of your source.

I'm not saying that both of these things are 100% definite... (that the Chinese Military released a virus intentionally as an act of war and 'Nature' is intentionally playing it down by providing an argument for the Natural Mutation angle....)

Oh I'm not denying it 90% fits with your usual conspiracy tripe.

What it doesn't fit with, unfortunately, is the facts.

Now, u recognise that conspiracy theories give people a sense of importance when they feel they have no impact on the real world. But this particular one puts lives at stake. So stop it and find a hobby.

Edited by Setton
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

stereologist
11 hours ago, Solipsi Rai said:

Yeah, but I'm sure Trump continues to be in contact with Bannon, besides they are trying hard to bring a global conflict against China and possibly Iran (it almost happened back in January). China and Iran vs the USA and Brazil: they blame each other for "planting COVID-19" in their countries. I'm worried about Cuba, off the southern tip of FL by 90 miles gets involved, and the UK who are America's "greatest ally" make a pact with the US against China and Iran. COVID-19 could united the world by a common threat, you can say adversaries are getting more wrathful against each other over the origin of this pandemic. 

Bannon is an accused embezzler. Does that fit with Trump? Maybe, maybe not.

Here is what you claimed:

Steve Bannon is one of Trump's colleagues, our government has people who believe this is an intentional (or accidental) bioweapon meant to be used against the USA, there has been a lot of diplomatic tension between the USA and China over the trade war in the Trump administration that could turn into a real hot war instead of just remaining "cold war 2.0". 

It doesn't appear that Bannon and Trump are colleagues. There is no evidence that this is a bioweapon. It certainly is not a good bioweapon.

stereologist
5 hours ago, bee said:

The thread topic is about a virologist claiming that the Chinese Communist Party Military were responsible for making and intentionally spreading Covid 19....

This could not be more serious because that would be an act of biological war - and this may be why it's being played down so the world is not further destabilized at this time... I have thought before that world leaders may have been made aware that the virus was man made and unpredictable and that's why they were so easily persuaded to take extreme measures to try and slow down the spread... it was an unknown virus and potentially much worse than it turned out....

Li-Meng Yan says at the 5:00 mark (in video below) about it being man made and released intentionally...

Coronavirus was made in a Chinese lab and released ‘intentionally’: Whistleblower virologist 

If this turns out to be the case and scientific journals like Nature have actually colluded with scientists to shield and protect the Chinese Communist Party... this is a serious matter... very serious... 

It was released intentionally by the country that made it? It was released intentionally on its own citizens?

stereologist
5 hours ago, bee said:

oh ok.... show me one then... :) 

edit to add... I've tried to find the article / video (s) that I saw months ago when all this first kicked off and through my bookmarked pages but I haven't found them ... but then things like that do have a habit of disappearing from the internet... because the internet is like the MSM..... the Front Line of the Information War..

and so....... controlled

I've been point out to you all along how each article that is well written describes the limitations of its work.

Every HCQ study that was an RCT does this. I posted them. You've read them.

Your lack of remembering is not evidence for anyone removing something from the internet. You forgetting is what we all do. It's normal. But when people have a predilection to go tin foil hat without cause they assume they are lways right and that some cabal is messing with them.

johncbdg
On 9/16/2020 at 3:17 AM, DarkHunter said:

I know this sounds like a conspiracy theory and I'm not sure what to make of this but this is definitely interesting.

A chinese virologist, Yan Li-Meng, has claimed that the coronavirus was made in a Chinese virology lab ran by the peoples liberation army and she is saying she will soon be releasing proof of her claim.  

Her and a team of scientists released a paper claiming evidence of the virus being artificially created.

Seems that in April Yan Li-Meng fled China and is now hiding in the United States and is saying China is now trying to essentially erase her work and discredit her along with her fearing for her life.  China and WHO, which China does essentially control, both refute her claim.

Some articles about Yan Li-Meng and her claims, seems no major western news sources are really running this story yet so take the sources for what ever one considers their worth.

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/4009390

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mumbaimirror.indiatimes.com/coronavirus/news/have-proof-covid-19-came-from-a-wuhan-lab-chinese-virologist/amp_articleshow/78106783.cms

https://www.google.com/amp/s/en.as.com/en/2020/09/13/latest_news/1600005226_260979.amp.html

This is a link to the research paper mentioned in at least one of the links.

https://zenodo.org/record/4028830#.X2FzWFMpAwD

Not sure what to think of this, could very well be fake or true at this point given how crazy this year has been, but it does seem interesting and since she was on Fox news I feel like this might be picking up soon.

Could well be old age has become a thing of the past...

stereologist
5 hours ago, bee said:

1. A common go to for those that don't understand how science works is to pretend that it is political, or that scientists only support the status quo, or that scientists are somehow in lockstep, or whatever the nitwit faux idea du jour is. For example, wackos complain about HCQ being suppressed when 1 in 6 studies included HCQ. Clearly, the wackos were just ignorant f what was going on. Most research is funded up front. That means you get the money to buy the things and hire the people needed to do the study. This "fears of having funding removed" is based on not understanding how science is done. This 'difficulties of getting papers peer reviewed" is on the quality of the work done and asks questions such as does the conclusion follow from the work done. And this is jut more tin foil hat blather with no supporting evidence: "because aspects of science are controlled and politicized"The same thing is said by chemtrail folks, and astrologers, and crop circle believers, and the hollow earth folks.
  2. If you have examples of this: "n fact the scientists probably don't either - because they are saying different things" you should pot it in a thread. That would be interesting to learn about. Now if the comment deals wit things that are speculation and not facts, then that is a different matter. Speculation is typically converted into an experiment to decide which of several competing ideas is more likely to be correct.
  3. A pandemic is going to cause problems. There have been all sorts of problems and before this zika was a horror for those affected by that virus.

stereologist

Bee asked for another example of a disclaimer. Here is this disclaimer in an article on HCQ which show it does not work. It is one of several RCTs that shows it does not work. Disclaimer for my post: no one study can show everything which is why multiple studies are done.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2016638

We acknowledge that this trial has limitations. Because of the lack of availability of diagnostic testing in the United States, the vast majority of the participants, including health care workers, were unable to access testing. Thus, an a priori symptomatic case definition was used — the U.S. clinical case definition of probable Covid-19.15 This trial represents real-world implementation after exposure. In the context of a randomized trial design, any non–SARS-CoV-2 viral infection (e.g., influenza, adenovirus, or rhinovirus) should be equally distributed in the trial groups. Owing to the Internet-based approach used to rapidly recruit participants in the context of a pandemic, data were obtained by means of participant report. The types and frequency of symptoms that were observed are similar to those in previous studies involving U.S. health care providers.17 The U.S. case definition is how probable Covid-19 cases are nationally reportable.15,18 However, the predictive power of this case definition is unknown, particularly in the younger populations that we studied; given the small number of PCR tests, it remains theoretically possible that hydroxychloroquine therapy limits proven infection. Reproduction of our results in other, ongoing trials would confirm our findings.

This randomized trial did not demonstrate a significant benefit of hydroxychloroquine as postexposure prophylaxis for Covid-19. Whether preexposure prophylaxis would be effective in high-risk populations is a separate question, with trials ongoing. In order to end the pandemic, a reduction in community transmission is needed.

All good papers discuss the applicability and limitations of the results obtained.

Despite these listed limitations conspiracy wackos will misuse a paper and attempt to claim it states something other than what it does.

bee

Here Dr Li-Meng Yan is talking on a British TV programme called Loose Women...

at around 5:00 she says that she is working with a small group of top scientists in America and they will be providing 2 reports.. with evidence.. and the first one will be coming in a few days..

so we'll see how this story develops...and what they have to say -

I expect most of the  MSM will try to avoid reporting on it but the info will be somewhere... like Tucker Carlson / Fox news for example..

Dr. Li-Meng Yan is a scientist who was working at the Hong Kong School of Public Health when she turned whistleblower on the Chinese Government, after she alleged they knew about the spread of the coronavirus before publicly acknowledging the outbreak. As a result, Dr Yan claims she had to flee to the US for her own safety and is now determined to spread her findings to the world. She joined the Loose Women from a secret location to tell us why she felt compelled to speak out, even if it meant putting her life on the line. The Chinese National Health Commission, World Health Organisation and University Of Hong Kong dispute her claims.

Edited by bee
late edit for correction

thedutchiedutch

Interesting read here about her ( source https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Li-Meng_Yan )

In September 2020, Yan was interviewed on the talk show Loose Women and said she planned to release scientific evidence that SARS-CoV-2 was made in a Wuhan laboratory. According to Yan, "this virus is not from nature". The director of the Wuhan Institute of Virology has denied that the virus accidentally spread from the facility.

Later in September, Yan co-authored a pre-print research paper named "Unusual Features of the SARS-CoV-2 Genome Suggesting Sophisticated Laboratory Modification Rather Than Natural Evolution and Delineation of Its Probable Synthetic Route."[26] Three other researchers were listed as co-authors, but the SCMP was unable to find any prior work from them. The paper was uploaded to the Zenodo website, an open-access repository where anyone can post their research. The paper is affiliated with the Rule of Law Society, founded by Steve Bannon and Guo Wengui. The Rule of Law Society had not previously published scientific or medical research. Yan had previously appeared on Bannon's "War Room" podcast.

According to the paper's abstract, "SARS-CoV-2 shows biological characteristics that are inconsistent with a naturally occurring, zoonotic virus" and that it could have been created in a lab in approximately six months. According to Newsweek, several experts in evolutionary biology and infectious disease, including Jonathan Eisen and Carl Bergstrom, said the paper did not include new information, contained multiple unsubstantiated claims and had a weak scientific case. According to Angela Rasmussen, a virologist at Columbia University, the paper was "basically all circumstantial and some of it is entirely fictional".

After describing her newly published research paper in a Fox News interview with Tucker Carlson in mid-September 2020, Yan said she believed the Chinese government intentionally released the virus. Instagram and Facebook flagged posts of the interview on Tucker Carlson Tonight as false information about COVID-19, saying that they repeated information “that multiple independent fact checkers say is false.” PolitiFact rated her claims on the Tucker Carlson show "Pants on Fire," its strongest rating, which means they were not accurate and "ridiculous" as well.

• Thanks 1

bee
1 hour ago, bee said:

at around 5:00 she says that she is working with a small group of top scientists in America and they will be providing 2 reports.. with evidence.. and the first one will be coming in a few days..

I expect most of the  MSM will try to avoid reporting on it but the info will be somewhere... like Tucker Carlson / Fox news for example..

sorry - getting the timelines mixed up... the Loose Women interview was a week ago and one report was in the opening post...

https://zenodo.org/record/4028830#.X2T7fhBKjIX

Edited by bee

Robotic Jew
11 hours ago, psyche101 said:

3. What was the alleged point of releasing the virus? What in fact had been accomplished? 

Duh. To get Biden into office....for....reasons?

• Thanks 1

stereologist
3 hours ago, bee said:

Bee this has all been stated before. What we have here is nothing of interest. It is all more lip flapping and no substance.

She says top scientists and that is what we hear from the fringies. From real scientists we hear actual names of people and places. Fringies pretend that an appeal to authority is important. A real scientist would say working with scientists in the US naming them and the location of the research such as Ghedin at NYU. A fringe says working with top scientists in the US.

• Like 1

stereologist
2 hours ago, bee said:

sorry - getting the timelines mixed up... the Loose Women interview was a week ago and one report was in the opening post...

https://zenodo.org/record/4028830#.X2T7fhBKjIX

I forgot to mention that.it seems a little odd for a scientific manuscript to be called a report. It may be the ESL happening here.

Setton
5 hours ago, bee said:

We certainly will. 

How about this: if she gets it published in a reputable journal (as per earlier criteria, top 100 by impact factor, peer reviewed and widely cited) I will agree to drop the topic forever. I will even make a point of mentioning her research when the topic comes up.

If she doesn't manage this, you drop the topic and specifically mention that all the scientific evidence supports a natural origin only.

Deal?

• Like 1