Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hurricane Sally Live

susieice

Here's a live stream from FOX 10 Mobile, Alabama in case you want to watch what's happening. It's now a slow moving CAT 2 that will dump a very large amount of rainfall over a large area. HIstoric amounts of rain. Landfall isn't expected until morning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJmp3E49NXE

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, susieice said:

Here's a live stream from FOX 10 Mobile, Alabama in case you want to watch what's happening. It's now a slow moving CAT 2 that will dump a very large amount of rainfall over a large area. HIstoric amounts of rain. Landfall isn't expected until morning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJmp3E49NXE

I posted pictures of Perdido Key back in 2018.  That was where I had my skydive onto the beach.  The winds here are high but nothing like the Cat 3 I experienced in '79.  THAT, I'll never forget.  Looks like they eye should pass over us here in a few hours :) 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, and then said:

I posted pictures of Perdido Key back in 2018.  That was where I had my skydive onto the beach.  The winds here are high but nothing like the Cat 3 I experienced in '79.  THAT, I'll never forget.  Looks like they eye should pass over us here in a few hours :) 

It's good to hear from you. I thought for sure your power would be off. They're saying the worse of the rain hasn't gotten there yet. Sally's only moving at 2 mph. These news people are worried about the heavy bands around the eye. If she doesn't get some gas in her she could linger for hours.

I hope you and your family are staying dry and in a safe area. Sounds like you still have a long way to go.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, and then said:

Stay safe, dear,

• Like 4

That was almost funny... I lost power while I was typing a response.  Oh well. I expected to lose it much earlier so I can't complain.  According to the local weather radar, the eye should be passing over us between 4 and 5:30 AM.  

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, and then said:

That was almost funny... I lost power while I was typing a response.  Oh well. I expected to lose it much earlier so I can't complain.  According to the local weather radar, the eye should be passing over us between 4 and 5:30 AM.  

So you'll be able to get a bit of a break from the rain when the eye comes over you? That sounds like a good thing. Then you'll have the back end come in but that won't be as long will it? 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, susieice said:

So you'll be able to get a bit of a break from the rain when the eye comes over you? That sounds like a good thing. Then you'll have the back end come in but that won't be as long will it? 

It doesn't look like it will be nearly as energetic but this thing seems to change, hourly.  So far it's been more of a nuisance than a fright :)   I was 18 when I spent the night in a Category 3 storm.  I've never feared for my life as much before OR since.  That wind sounded like it had a life of its own.  It was eerie.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, and then said:

It doesn't look like it will be nearly as energetic but this thing seems to change, hourly.  So far it's been more of a nuisance than a fright :)   I was 18 when I spent the night in a Category 3 storm.  I've never feared for my life as much before OR since.  That wind sounded like it had a life of its own.  It was eerie.  

I'm just glad we talked to you and your all ok. Stay safe. Keep an eye on the water.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2

Found this small link from FOX.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

She made landfall at Gulf Shores. Our news up here is saying the rain will continue for hours. I've heard estimates up to 10 hrs because it's so slow moving.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/hurricane-sally-makes-landfall-category-2-storm-near-gulf-shores-n1240184

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

30" of rain ??? Wow.. that seems like a LOT :o 

It's still raining. This storm is only moving at 2 mph. It's holding a lot of moisture from the Gulf of Mexico and just dumping. It's not going much of anywhere. Everything is flooding.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/16/weather/hurricane-sally-wednesday/index.html

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We've had light wind driven drizzle here in Georgiana AL for 18 hours. Now it has moved up to wind driven rain, and the storm is 80 miles away and moving our direction. The slowness of this storm is the bad part. Only seen a huge dead branch broke of our apple tree so far. At least it has been downgraded to a TS again, thankfully.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, South Alabam said:

We've had light wind driven drizzle here in Georgiana AL for 18 hours. Now it has moved up to wind driven rain, and the storm is 80 miles away and moving our direction. The slowness of this storm is the bad part. Only seen a huge dead branch broke of our apple tree so far. At least it has been downgraded to a TS again, thankfully.

Yes. I have that FOX 10 link running now and this thing packs a real punch with water. It's so slow moving. Stay dry and safe. Take care.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It looks like it has weakened to a tropical storm, however 55,000 people don't have power and there is flooding. 

https://news.yahoo.com/hurricane-sally-makes-landfall-pensacola-123231207.html

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/16/2020 at 2:12 PM, South Alabam said:

Ha ha, I had to look up Georgiana to verify a town named that existed.  Looks like a nice small town.   Looks like maybe an hour and a half to the beach?

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Myles said:

Ha ha, I had to look up Georgiana to verify a town named that existed.  Looks like a nice small town.   Looks like maybe an hour and a half to the beach?

Close, about two to three hours From Mobile, Pensacola, Fort Walton or Panama city beaches :D Plus I have family in Pensacola.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

Close, about two to three hours From Mobile, Pensacola, Fort Walton or Panama city beaches :D Plus I have family in Pensacola.

I had a brother and a nephew who lived in Panama City for years until they fled back up here from Charlie. They were basically wiped out. My brother told me yesterday that he doesn't miss it. He'd rather deal with the snow.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, susieice said:

I had a brother and a nephew who lived in Panama City for years until they fled back up here from Charlie. They were basically wiped out. My brother told me yesterday that he doesn't miss it. He'd rather deal with the snow.

I grew up in Fla, so I like the beaches. I used to frequent Sarasota and St. Petersburg beaches. But I can understand hurricane threats.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, South Alabam said:

I grew up in Fla, so I like the beaches. I used to frequent Sarasota and St. Petersburg beaches. But I can understand hurricane threats.

Charlie scared the crap out of him. He came back up here after that. So did my nephew. He brought his family up and just bought a home.

• Like 1

Stay safe folks your life is more valuable than your property , which you can't protect in a hurricane , I've survived 2 on a ship at sea ,and consider myself fortunate .

• Like 2