Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Blimp over New Jersey sparks UFO hysteria

UM-Bot

Once I saw a blimp fly over my house. It was huge, and I have no idea why it flew over my house, but it was cool.

• Like 7

It's really important to sort out these 'false positive' UFO sightings - sadly that also creates an public opinion that every positive is just a false-positive in process which is a huge problem. Most people believe in some kind of invisible dude above the clouds, and that seems perfectly normal, but as a society we have such a hard time picturing scientifically based intelligent alien life.

• Confused 1

"The incident just goes to show how easily something mundane in the sky can be misinterpreted."

For the record, I think they are grossly misusing the word "hysteria."

• Like 4

It's QAnon commin' to take out the deep state Bigfoot Corona mask vaccine cabal! Praise Internet Jesus!

Seriously...Who doesn't know the Goodyear blimp is a thing?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HiddenHorn said:

It's really important to sort out these 'false positive' UFO sightings - sadly that also creates an public opinion that every positive is just a false-positive in process which is a huge problem. Most people believe in some kind of invisible dude above the clouds, and that seems perfectly normal, but as a society we have such a hard time picturing scientifically based intelligent alien life.

"False positive"?

• Like 1

Sure looks like a blimp to me, with the lightboard low on the side. Saw them at Long Beach airport almost every week.

The one in the clip is much further away with a different paintjob.

Brian C (@BlimpBrian) | Twitter

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

7 minutes ago, Hazzard said:

Sure looks like a blimp to me, with the lightboard low on the side. Saw them at Long Beach airport almost every week.

The one in the clip is much further away with a different paintjob.

Brian C (@BlimpBrian) | Twitter

That’s from the same sighting? Where is the light on the bottom? I’m at Giants stadium all the time. Goodyear is always there. Just seems strange this would cause such a stir. It’s been at every game for as long as I can remember. No one blinks an eye. 

Im thinking it must have been a new design I guess. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HiddenHorn said:

No we don't.  There is just no science indicating that they are here flying around in saucers.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

A quick related story.  I was in eighth grade when Close Encounters of the Third Kind came out.  If you are old enough to remember that movie featured very bright and very loud UFO's visiting the earth.  One night a few months after seeing that movie I walked into the kitchen to get a glass of water.  I had not turned on the lights.  All of a sudden the room lit up and there was a very loud humming sound that I could feel in my chest.  I looked out the window and there was a huge object with multi colored flashing lights right over head.  I was so amazed I almost fell to my knees.  I always knew (when I was young) that this stuff was real!!  I could barely breathe, I was hyperventilating, my knees were weak.  My brain was about to shut down in amazement.  Then I realized what I was looking at was the large lighted advertising sign on the side of the Goodyear Blimp scrolling something across the side and it had somehow messed up and came within a few hundred feet of the ground.  :alien: 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

I'm certain cameras nowadays would be alot more clearer than that in detail.

that was filmed with a modern cell phone.

• Like 1

C'mon people it's obviously an alien craft disguised as the Goodyear blimp. Sheesh.

MDagger

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, SeekTruth said:

that was filmed with a modern cell phone.

Fair enough I stand corrected. My apolagies.

35 minutes ago, MDagger said:

C'mon people it's obviously an alien craft disguised as the Goodyear blimp. Sheesh.

MDagger

Guys!

McDagger broke the matrix!!!! He knows all!!!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, HiddenHorn said:

Ive never met anyone believing in invisible cloud dudes, maybe PG but hes an exception

Not sure what "false-positive" means in relation to UFO which means unidentified flying object,  in turn if we see something in the sky and dont know what it is then by definition its an unidentified flying object but as soon as we learn its a bird, plane or blimp its identified, no longer a UFO no "false" about it.

If a person mistakenly wants to make a leap unidentified flying object UFO means alien, they will have to prove its alien which of course has yet to be done.

• Like 4

And the blimp in this thread, it even has the flashing beacon aircraft are required to have, yawn

15 minutes ago, SeekTruth said:

What is the light on the bottom of the blimp? I've never seen that, though I'm not overly familiar with blimps.

Its the advertising display of the Goodyear blimp.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, OverSword said:

A quick related story.  I was in eighth grade when Close Encounters of the Third Kind came out.  If you are old enough to remember that movie featured very bright and very loud UFO's visiting the earth.  One night a few months after seeing that movie I walked into the kitchen to get a glass of water.  I had not turned on the lights.  All of a sudden the room lit up and there was a very loud humming sound that I could feel in my chest.  I looked out the window and there was a huge object with multi colored flashing lights right over head.  I was so amazed I almost fell to my knees.  I always knew (when I was young) that this stuff was real!!  I could barely breathe, I was hyperventilating, my knees were weak.  My brain was about to shut down in amazement.  Then I realized what I was looking at was the large lighted advertising sign on the side of the Goodyear Blimp scrolling something across the side and it had somehow messed up and came within a few hundred feet of the ground.  :alien: 

I love that story, i guess sometimes a blimp is a blimp.

Mine like it but different im a kid at night on daytona beach, im flying a kite playing with a small flashlight,

The beach was almost dead but way down the beach up in the sky i see something coming my way, its dark on top spinning, its getting closer, im both amazed and scared, i dont see any other people,

Its spinning getting closer, is this the end of me. End of the world?

I started to run but just drop to the sand, i look up, the spinning is scrolling lights, "ladies nite at sharkys" or something like that,

It was one of the lil planes that in the day pull banners, whew!

goodyear-blimp-supports-2010-census-1744

if a person info UFO stuff isnt familiar with message amd internally lighted blimps perhaps they need to check it out some are very odd looking.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2