Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

2 GHOSTS in Gettysburg CAUGHT ON VIDEO

mavakaga

Two “ghosts” at Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, were spotted — 157 years after the infamous Civil War battle. See the spooky sight for yourself, filmed by New Jersey resident Greg Yuelling, as he drove through the historical battleground with his family on Sept. 2, 2020.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Papameter 2.0 Reading

Paranormal  75%   Hoax/Natural  25%

Confidence Level: Low

Factors: The similarity to other Gettysburg ghost claims I've seen. The quantity of claims from this site, 

• Thanks 1

Too much editing. Too much stuff going on, music and "spookey" in the corner and boxes of words.  No, not credible.

Paranormal 0 %

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Just happened to be recording video on a cell phone at night while driving by?  Nope.  Not buying it.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Yeah, all the editing, banners, arrows etc make it look like cheesy clickbait, it kills credibility and integrity,

It vaugely reminds me of "peppers ghost" illusion, but nothing to prove its a ghost, and it doesnt really look human forum to me much less in civil war grab

Ill rate it, epic fail.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OverSword said:

Just happened to be recording video on a cell phone at night while driving by?  Nope.  Not buying it.

Well, remember ghost hunting on the Gettysburg battlefield is definitely a thing that is fairly common. 

• Like 1

Thread needs to be renamed "DRIP on windshield in Gettysburg CAUGHT ON VIDEO"

CLEARLY obvious drip of water or sap on the windshield. You can even see the where it collects in a drop at the bottom during the whole video, like a pointer - watch the black dot that slowly moves along near the bottom of the screen and how it follows to the "ghost". Come on people, get a ****ing clue (the people who filmed it I mean). This one is obvious as they come if you actually LOOK at it.

FYI, this is a different video that the one some of you are thinking of, but it looks like it happens in the same exact spot  - by two cannons.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Well, remember ghost hunting on the Gettysburg battlefield is definitely a thing that is fairly common. 

Yes it very much is, they never get that elusive proof but they sure do try hard,

Some even make a nice living off the alleged haunted gettyburg folklore.

11 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Yes it very much is, they never get that elusive proof but they sure do try hard,

Some even make a nice living off the alleged haunted gettyburg folklore.

This is about as close to proof as they would expect to capture. Misty apparitions don't leave proof.

Bats, find your keys?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, moonman said:

Thread needs to be renamed "DRIP on windshield in Gettysburg CAUGHT ON VIDEO"

CLEARLY obvious drip of water or sap on the windshield. You can even see the where it collects in a drop at the bottom during the whole video, like a pointer - watch the black dot that slowly moves along near the bottom of the screen and how it follows to the "ghost". Come on people, get a ****ing clue (the people who filmed it I mean). This one is obvious as they come if you actually LOOK at it.

FYI, this is a different video that the one some of you are thinking of, but it looks like it happens in the same exact spot  - by two cannons.

Agree with that.certainly looks like drips on the windshield.there are loads of 'creepy' clips taken from behind glass that ,when you look closer,its obviously a mark,drip or smudge.

Good call moonman.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

As a believer, it's a justified pursuit, IMO.

But, here's my Hogmeter reading:

Paranormal 0%    Hoax 100%

Confidence Level: Very High

Factors:  I've never heard of ghosts running away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

This is about as close to proof as they would expect to capture. Misty apparitions don't leave proof.

Bats, find your keys?

This video isnt close to proof of anything it does look like water on the windscreen not a soldier.

I wish i could find those damn keys.

Ask your dead buddy who visits you for chit chat where my keys are,

Oh yeah,  doesnt work like that :rolleyes:

• Like 3

I see it as more a misunderstanding than a hoax.

They probably thought the drip was a ghost, especially if they were looking for ghosts.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, acute said:

I respect you believe, me, i have very serious doubts ghosts could be photographed, if they could we would have whole galleries of portraits but we dont, ghosts to me are at least as real as dreams and no one has photographed a dream perhaps one day they will and then we really would have cameras that could take a picture of ghosts.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, diddyman68 said:

They probably thought the drip was a ghost, especially if they were looking for ghosts.

Come on..... It's not a drip!

It's not ghosts, but it's not a drip.

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, acute said:

Hogmeter or Hogwash?

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, acute said:

It's an OBVIOUS drop on the windshield. I can't think of a mistaken "ghost" shot through car window video where it was more obvious.

You can even see the stuff that it passes over bend with a lens effect, as it should when looking at something through water.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, the13bats said:

I wish i could find those damn keys.

Ask your dead buddy who visits you for chit chat where my keys are,

Oh yeah,  doesnt work like that :rolleyes:

Maybe you try asking? It might work that way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, the13bats said:

I respect you believe, [...]

Thank you for your balanced response. It's much appreciated. :tu:

I believe in ghosts, because I have no choice, after what I've experienced in my life.

I do think that cameras can see things we can't, and voice recorders can record things we can't hear, but (as someone qualified in electronics, radio and audio) I am baffled by the mechanism involved.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, acute said:

Just watched it a few more times,and the more i watch it the more obvious it is.

Watch the black dot in the bottom right,(thats the bottom of the drip) you can see it stays in the same place on the windshield.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, diddyman68 said:

Just watched it a few more times,and the more i watch it the more obvious it is.

Ok..... I don't mind being wrong.

I only watched it once, but I'll watch it a couple more times. :tu:

• Like 2

@diddyman68

Nah..... It's CGI/Photoshop, not a drip.

If you disagree with me, I am happy to meet you in Pontefract (halfway between us) and we can sort this out man-to-man. No weapons.

Don't poke me though --- I'm ticklish.

• Haha 2

Well seeing as i disagree with you,pontefract it is then.

It will have to be tomorrow though,word is lockdown ramps up on friday.travel restrictions,10 pm cerfew.only family members allowed to partake in duels.

I'm fine with the no poking rule as no one is more ticklish than me.:gun:

• Haha 2