Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Dreaded 269 269 Scenario

RavenHawk

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chronus

• Katniss

• RavenHawk

• the13bats

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, South Alabam said:

AG Barr is telling prosecutors to consider sedition charges on some of these rioters. 

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/09/barr-wants-sedition-charge-for-violent-protesters-report.html

To bring a sedition case, prosecutors would have to prove there was a conspiracy to attack government agents or officials that posed an imminent danger, legal experts said. They added that there is a fine line between the expression of antigovernment sentiment, which could be protected speech under the First Amendment even if it included discussions of violence, and a plot that presented an imminent danger and could justify a charge of sedition.

LEGAL DICTIONARY

Sedition prosecutions are extremely rare, but they do occur. Shortly after the 1993 bombing of the World Trade Center in New York City, the federal government prosecuted Sheik Omar Abdel Rahman, a blind Egyptian cleric living in New Jersey, and nine codefendants on charges of seditious conspiracy. Rahman and the other defendants were convicted of violating the seditious conspiracy statute by engaging in an extensive plot to wage a war of Terrorism against the United States. With the exception of Rahman, they all were arrested while mixing explosives in a garage in Queens, New York, on June 24, 1993.

The defendants committed no overt acts of war, but all were found to have taken substantial steps toward carrying out a plot to levy war against the United States. The government did not have sufficient evidence that Rahman par ticipated in the actual plotting against the government or any other activities to prepare for terrorism. He was instead prosecuted for pro viding religious encouragement to his cocon spirators. Rahman argued that he only performed the function of a cleric and advised followers about the rules of Islam. He and the others were convicted, and on January 17, 1996, Rahman was sentenced to life imprisonment by Judge Michael Mukasey.

• Thanks 1

Test Question:

What one person on this planet has made an incredible fortune by destroying the entire economies of other countries?

Test Question #2:

What is the name of the game where a pea is placed under one of 3 containers which are moved all around and the watcher is then asked to pick the one with the pea under it?

Test Question #3:

Why does there seem to be no end to a 'pandemic' which has killed no more than .0004% of any country's population, but has reaked havoc on every country's economy, especially the United States?

• Thanks 1

Hey I got question for you guys. :D

Will all of you still post on this website or specifically the U.S. political forums if by chance Biden does win?

Or are all of you going to stay off the radar for a while if Biden does win?

The reason I asked is because I noticed a lot of the Hillary supporters disappeared from this website after Trump won in 2016. People that were popular or well known posters.

The other reason is or maybe I should pose this as a question too - How can you be 100 percent sure Trump is gonna win when there are so many unemployed people in the U.S. voting with their wallets? To me, if it wasn't for the high unemployment right now, I'd agree that he would win a second term and I thought so before so many people became unemployed.

Edited by Katniss
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Katniss said:

Will all of you still post on this website or specifically the U.S. political forums if by chance Biden does win?

The reason I asked is because I noticed a lot of the Hillary supporters disappeared from this website after Trump won in 2016. People that were popular or well known posters.

The other reason is or maybe I should pose this as a question too - How can you be 100 percent sure Trump is gonna win when there are so many unemployed people in the U.S. voting with their wallets? To me, if it wasn't for the high unemployment right now, I'd agree that he would win a second term and I thought so before so many people became unemployed.

Well I am not a political person so I probably will stay, it doesn't matter much to me who wins. Well its not like I read the news and all that stuff, but I would prefer (and I think he will) if Trump one.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

45 minutes ago, Chronus said:

Well I am not a political person so I probably will stay, it doesn't matter much to me who wins. Well its not like I read the news and all that stuff, but I would prefer (and I think he will) if Trump one.

Hey thanks for replying, but I'm a little confused. You said it doesn't much matter to you who wins, but you would prefer if Trump did win? Maybe I misunderstood you, but it seems like you contradicted yourself?

And from your perspective, what is it that gives you the confidence that Trump will win, despite the high unemployment and continuous layoffs? I would just like to know what the secret is when that elephant is looming in the election. ;) Because I just can't see him winning now.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Katniss said:

Hey thanks for replying, but I'm a little confused. You said it doesn't much matter to you who wins, but you would prefer if Trump did win? Maybe I misunderstood you, but it seems like you contradicted yourself?

And from your perspective, what is it that gives you the confidence that Trump will win, despite the high unemployment and continuous layoffs? I would just like to know what the secret is when that elephant is looming in the election. ;) Because I just can't see him winning now.

1. Yeah I sorta did contradict myself.

2. I just feel like he will win, I don't know why,

I might be wrong though, so we'll find out soon enough.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Chronus said:

1. Yeah I sorta did contradict myself.

2. I just feel like he will win, I don't know why,

I might be wrong though, so we'll find out soon enough.

Okay. Well I might be wrong too and I'll own up to it after Nov. 3rd if I am. :D

It's funny though, I even predicted in some political thread here at UM that he would win a second term before this Covid-19 epidemic derailed his reelection chances. Because I thought nothing would get him out of office no matter what, even if he did shoot somebody in the street, but I never thought a virus would come along and possibly change all that.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Katniss said:

Okay. Well I might be wrong too and I'll own up to it after Nov. 3rd if I am. :D

It's funny though, I even predicted in some political thread here at UM that he would win a second term before this Covid-19 epidemic derailed his reelection chances. Because I thought nothing would get him out of office no matter what, even if he did shoot somebody in the street, but I never thought a virus would come along and possibly change all that.

Yeah, everything is going crazy.

Also when you say "he" you mean Trump right?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chronus said:

Yeah, everything is going crazy.

Also when you say "he" you mean Trump right?

Yep! Trump. :yes:

10 minutes ago, Katniss said:

Yep! Trump. :yes:

Well I don't know about you but I do hope he wins, I really doubt Biden could do anything, I doubt the left would let him.

• Confused 1

But like I said I am not a very political person so one could say I don't know what I am talking about.

• Like 1

Just now, Chronus said:

Well I don't know about you but I do hope he wins, I really doubt Biden could do anything, I doubt the left would let him.

lol, Biden will be a sacrificial lamb or a martyr and they will replace him with Kamala in no time if he win....

10 minutes ago, Jon the frog said:

lol, Biden will be a sacrificial lamb or a martyr and they will replace him with Kamala in no time if he win....

Yeah that is why my mom told me, didn't want to say it to make people think I am some conspiracy theorist (which I am)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Katniss said:

I have no plans not to be here, unless covid gets me or something else.  I don’t foresee many Conservatives either to bail.  We’ll still be here ticking off everything Biden said he was going to do and what we’ve been warning about.  At least until we’re rounded up.  then when they remove him, the extreme Left will be acting like a kid in a candy store.  And no one will be able to do anything.  We can only hope that they are still incompetent and that allows the system to work.  Hilary supporters were morons and never-Trumpers are too.  I suspect that a Trump win will clear out the ranks a bit.

How can you tell if the sun is up?  Most people are pretty intelligent.  They are not as ignorant as the MSM and bureaucracy makes them out to be.  People see the “V” shaped recovery that is happening.  This is the fastest recovery after a contraction in history.  Trump made the economy robust enough to be able to do that.  The market will probably be flirting with 29k by election.  People understand that employment lags behind the market but the unemployment rate is still dropping.  People also know that Trump rebuilt the economy and he can do it again.  There is no one more qualified at this time.  The people know that Biden will retard this recovery with his policies.  I don’t foresee a market crash, but Biden will turn a strong recovery into a new recession.  I have to think at this point, people are more interested in their futures and not just focused on the ‘now’.  The ‘now’ is improving daily.  Why threaten that?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Chronus said:

I'm hoping Trump doesn't win and it's Biden instead. I did vote for Trump back in 2016, but I'm over him now. Lost my faith in him I guess.

14 minutes ago, Chronus said:

Yeah that is why my mom told me, didn't want to say it to make people think I am some conspiracy theorist (which I am)

Lol. My parents too! They're strong Trump supporters and believe Harris will take over if Biden wins.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Katniss said:

I'm hoping Trump doesn't win and it's Biden instead. I did vote for Trump back in 2016, but I'm over him now. Lost my faith in him I guess.

Lol. My parents too! They're strong Trump supporters and believe Harris will take over if Biden wins.

I thought my parents were the only one!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

I have no plans not to be here, unless covid gets me or something else.  I don’t foresee many Conservatives either to bail.  We’ll still be here ticking off everything Biden said he was going to do and what we’ve been warning about.  At least until we’re rounded up.  then when they remove him, the extreme Left will be acting like a kid in a candy store.  And no one will be able to do anything.  We can only hope that they are still incompetent and that allows the system to work.  Hilary supporters were morons and never-Trumpers are too.  I suspect that a Trump win will clear out the ranks a bit.

Good for you! I mean that. I'd hate to see anybody leave UM because they were wrong about their predictions. We are only human. :)

How can you tell if the sun is up?  Most people are pretty intelligent.  They are not as ignorant as the MSM and bureaucracy makes them out to be.  People see the “V” shaped recovery that is happening.  This is the fastest recovery after a contraction in history.  Trump made the economy robust enough to be able to do that.  The market will probably be flirting with 29k by election.  People understand that employment lags behind the market but the unemployment rate is still dropping.  People also know that Trump rebuilt the economy and he can do it again.  There is no one more qualified at this time.  The people know that Biden will retard this recovery with his policies.  I don’t foresee a market crash, but Biden will turn a strong recovery into a new recession.  I have to think at this point, people are more interested in their futures and not just focused on the ‘now’.  The ‘now’ is improving daily.  Why threaten that?

I don't know about that. I know people vote with their wallets more then anything else, including me, and that is exactly why I voted for Trump in 2016. A lot of us did including most Independents and even some Democrats. The Obama- Hillary coalition was ignoring most of the unemployed people in the rural communities, even when unemployment was down around 5 to 6 percent and the stock market was better then it was at the beginning of Obama's Presidency. We felt betrayed by the Democrats and stuck it to them with Trump votes. He got in easy.

But now the same thing is happening again, only this time it's Trump who has a high unemployment rate. And I don't think most people who are still unemployed and hurting right now care about the future or thinking ahead, they want things fixed now.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Katniss said:

Good for you! I mean that. I'd hate to see anybody leave UM because they were wrong about their predictions. We are only human. :)

Well thank you.  But I’m not wrong.  How do I know?  I see the very same thing shaping up as in 2016.  Also, I wasn’t trusting myself last time.  My gut was telling me that Trump was going to win but I wouldn’t go all out.  I have the same feeling now and I’m going all out this time.  Now with that said, I have to admit that anything can happen.  If Trump loses, it’s because of some weird trick of fate.  But if this nation has been guided by Divine intervention, then there can only be one outcome.

I don't know about that. I know people vote with their wallets more then anything else,

That’s what I basically said.  I thought, I’d go more in depth.

including me, and that is exactly why I voted for Trump in 2016. A lot of us did including most Independents and even some Democrats. The Obama- Hillary coalition was ignoring most of the unemployed people in the rural communities, even when unemployment was down around 5 to 6 percent and the stock market was better then it was at the beginning of Obama's Presidency. We felt betrayed by the Democrats and stuck it to them with Trump votes. He got in easy.

So let me say it this way.  Who do you think will be better for the people’s wallets?  Biden who will be raising taxes and doubling regulations and ship our jobs to China?  Or Trump who has stimulated this economy, brought unemployment down and raised wages?  Where will people’s wallets be if Biden is President?  It’ll be a long time before there is money there.

But now the same thing is happening again, only this time it's Trump who has a high unemployment rate. And I don't think most people who are still unemployed and hurting right now care about the future or thinking ahead, they want things fixed now.

No, it is not the same thing.  During Obama, it was self-inflicted damage done.  With Trump, it has always been moving forward, overcoming and adapting to crises as they come, not losing heart.

All things considered i am leaning to trump will win, i think harris hurts biden more than helps my issue is i want whoever to win to do so big but i think its gonna be close and that sucks because trump is still moaning 4 years later about election tampering and he won,

If its close both sides will do little hissy fit tantrums, i just want the elections yet another dark cloud of 2020 to pass

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, the13bats said:

All things considered i am leaning to trump will win, i think harris hurts biden more than helps my issue is i want whoever to win to do so big but i think its gonna be close and that sucks because trump is still moaning 4 years later about election tampering and he won,

If its close both sides will do little hissy fit tantrums, i just want the elections yet another dark cloud of 2020 to pass

Yeah elections scare me haha

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Chronus said:

Yeah elections scare me haha

Scared? I recall when obama ran i heard disgusting racial epithets and what they were gonna do if he won...they got butthurt not much more, he had 8 years and they are still moaning about him, who knew he had such power?

• Like 1

Just now, the13bats said:

Scared? I recall when obama ran i heard disgusting racial epithets and what they were gonna do if he won...they got butthurt not much more, he had 8 years and they are still moaning about him, who knew he had such power?

Yeah my parents don't like Obama. I was too young so I don't really know what he did.

1 hour ago, RavenHawk said:

Well thank you.  But I’m not wrong.  How do I know?  I see the very same thing shaping up as in 2016.  Also, I wasn’t trusting myself last time.  My gut was telling me that Trump was going to win but I wouldn’t go all out.  I have the same feeling now and I’m going all out this time.  Now with that said, I have to admit that anything can happen.  If Trump loses, it’s because of some weird trick of fate.  But if this nation has been guided by Divine intervention, then there can only be one outcome.

You're welcome. I enjoy reading your posts and others whom argue on the conservative side of politics, whether I politically agree sometimes or not. And to be honest, maybe you are right, because I still have this little nagging feeling or maybe it's a gut feeling too, that Trump is somehow going to still win this. But then again, I've never seen a incumbent president win a second election when unemployment was bad enough to hurt them, or has that ever happened historically and I missed it?

That’s what I basically said.  I thought, I’d go more in depth.

So let me say it this way.  Who do you think will be better for the people’s wallets?  Biden who will be raising taxes and doubling regulations and ship our jobs to China?  Or Trump who has stimulated this economy, brought unemployment down and raised wages?  Where will people’s wallets be if Biden is President?  It’ll be a long time before there is money there.

I understood what you were saying, but I meant in the "not thinking" ahead sense. So that's a fair enough argument in the "thinking ahead" sense. But are they all going to think like you do when it comes time to vote and their wallets are still empty, and they have been hurting for months and waiting for things to change back to normal quickly? Because there are still people being laid off at this late stage. I just have a hard time seeing most people thinking ahead like you do. All most people care about is the here and now and how they are being currently affected.

No, it is not the same thing.  During Obama, it was self-inflicted damage done.  With Trump, it has always been moving forward, overcoming and adapting to crises as they come, not losing heart.

True. Still, I don't think most people who are currently unemployed think that way like you do. They just want their livelihoods back right now. I think current unemployed are tired of waiting.

P.S. Thanks for replying BTW. You have giving me deeper insight on why you think Trump will win.;)

Edited by Katniss
  • Like 1

On 9/17/2020 at 9:56 AM, and then said:

I believe the Left has already tipped their hand on strategy.  They KNOW Biden can't win so they are simply going to refuse to concede and if the courts step in for Trump, they'll just start the revolution.  It's coming.  They have decided to do their best to burn it down.

So...you think Biden has less chance of winning than pundits said Trump had of winning in 2016?

If, by some chance, the election result matches the current polling showing at RealClearPolitics...

image.png.1b723c656140864f202c776374079ebd.png

...will you:

a. Accept that the polling was fairly accurate;

b. Assume voter fraud must be involved; or

c. Something else (please describe)?