Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Dreaded 269 269 Scenario

RavenHawk

Thread cleaned

Let's keep the inflammatory "civil war" rhetoric off the forums please folks.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chronus

• Katniss

• RavenHawk

• the13bats

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 hours ago, Katniss said:

You're welcome. I enjoy reading your posts and others whom argue on the conservative side of politics, whether I politically agree sometimes or not.

I’m glad.  I crave listening to other sides (I may not agree), but of late, the other side is full of hatred.  They can’t construct a legitimate argument if they tried.  They are being used and led around by the nose by the Propaganda arm of the DNC.

And to be honest, maybe you are right, because I still have this little nagging feeling or maybe it's a gut feeling too, that Trump is somehow going to still win this.

Do you know what that nagging feeling is?  It is common sense.  I know, things that are common sense isn’t always what happens.  But for now, it’s good enough for me.

But then again, I've never seen a incumbent president win a second election when unemployment was bad enough to hurt them, or has that ever happened historically and I missed it?

I believe that’s true, but on the other hand, this is not due to Trump’s actions.  If it wasn’t for what he did to strengthen the economy then yeah, I think he’d lose.  If we didn’t have a strong economy going in, our contraction and recovery would be like everyone’s else’s.  But this is different this time around.  Trump has the economy already turning the corner and the promise of everything getting back to where they were before covid is very high.  Of course, the question is, can people wait for it?  Well, they survived months of being out of the workforce under Obama because their jobs disappeared and were never coming back.  So this shouldn’t be as difficult.  But if people can’t wait, what is Biden going to do?  He’s not economy friendly.  All he could do and that’s if the Left controls Congress (and that probably won’t happen) is to pass a $4-5 trillion relief package (bail out NY & CA).  But the lives that will be lost due to that action will overpower the relief it is intended to do.  A big bite out of the treasury like this could bring inflation like we see in the poorest nations.  Our credit rating will drop.  On top of that, more jobs will disappear.  It’s a tough situation, but people shouldn’t be having knee-jerk reactions.  Yet another aspect is health.  A healthy body defeats covid and wards of depression.  Our future under Trump is promising and upbeat.  Under Biden, it’s sketchy.  If Biden shuts down the country again will bring on a new depression and more people will die.  I’m not exaggerating.  We saw this in the first shutdown.  And being deeper into this covid period, will exacerbate the situation even more of a second shutdown.  Biden is listening from just one group of scientists and only has shutdown on his mind.  Trump not only listens to the immunologists but also the social scientists, the phycological scientists, the economic scientists, etc. and balancing out all that information to make a Presidential decision.  Deep down, I think people understand this.  They are ready to move forward and Trump provides a path.

I understood what you were saying, but I meant in the "not thinking" ahead sense. So that's a fair enough argument in the "thinking ahead" sense. But are they all going to think like you do when it comes time to vote and their wallets are still empty, and they have been hurting for months and waiting for things to change back to normal quickly? Because there are still people being laid off at this late stage. I just have a hard time seeing most people thinking ahead like you do. All most people care about is the here and now and how they are being currently affected.

I agree but as I’ve stated, which candidate has the better chance to deliver relief?  Use that gut feeling.  Neither can bring immediate relief.  And what did people do under Obama to survive?  That’s why I think that this time around people will be thinking ahead so that they don’t end up in the same position months down the road.  In times past, neither side had a clear path and so it was a toss up and the tendency was to go with the Challenger.  It’s not like that this time.  Trump has us on a path of recovery.  Biden is talking shutdowns and raising taxes.  He’s saying all the wrong things.

True. Still, I don't think most people who are currently unemployed think that way like you do. They just want their livelihoods back right now. I think current unemployed are tired of waiting.

I would agree in general but I think they are this time.  And what makes me think that is Trump’s energy.  He is running rings around Biden.  Biden cannot compete.  The crowds that Trump draws to his rallies, or now they’re peaceful protests.  How many of those in the crows are unemployed?  More Trump supporters are at Biden events.  And I have to bring up everything from Trumpillias to Ricky Rebel singing “MAGA”.  And something that I have begun to see is that at his rallies chants of “We Love You” can be heard.  These people are thinking ahead.  No, they are not putting him on a pedestal (like Obama was), but the people realize that Trump is for real and he is what this nation needs right now.

P.S. Thanks for replying BTW. You have giving me deeper insight on why you think Trump will win.

Again, thank you.  It is always nice to share with someone about one’s thoughts without having to worry about being attacked out of hatred.  One gets defensive when confronted, I apologize if I started out too terse.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Myles said:

I think Biden will win.   I'll vote for Trump though.

That's interesting. Out of curiosity, what is it that makes you think Biden will win too?