Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dr Bill

Aroundthecorner

Bill Gates has claimed that President Donald Trump's pandemic travel bans actually worsened the coronavirus crisis in the U.S. by prompting a stampede of Americans returning from overseas.

'We created this rush, and we didn't have the ability to test or quarantine those people, and so that seeded the disease here,' Gates told Fox News anchor Chris Wallace in an interview clip released on Friday.

'The ban probably accelerated that because of the way it was executed,' Gates continued.

Gates, a longtime philanthropist on issues of global healthcare and poverty, earlier this week issued a report saying the coronavirus pandemic has wiped out progress on lofty goals such as ending world poverty and hunger in the next decade.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8748453/Bill-Gates-claims-Trumps-COVID-travel-bans-China-Europe-accelerated-pandemic.html

This guys a joke don't forget he's the guy who invented computer viruses to then sell us the cure sound familiar?

Edited by Aroundthecorner
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

(This thread should be in the Conspiracy section!)

I totally agree with Bill Gates on Trump's 'China ban'. It was a stupid idea.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, seanjo said:

Why?

As stated in Post #1:

Trump's pandemic travel bans actually worsened the coronavirus crisis in the U.S. by prompting a stampede of Americans returning from overseas.

'We created this rush, and we didn't have the ability to test or quarantine those people, and so that seeded the disease here,'

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Aroundthecorner said:

Bill Gates has claimed that President Donald Trump's pandemic travel bans actually worsened the coronavirus crisis in the U.S. by prompting a stampede of Americans returning from overseas.

'We created this rush, and we didn't have the ability to test or quarantine those people, and so that seeded the disease here,' Gates told Fox News anchor Chris Wallace in an interview clip released on Friday.

'The ban probably accelerated that because of the way it was executed,' Gates continued.

Gates, a longtime philanthropist on issues of global healthcare and poverty, earlier this week issued a report saying the coronavirus pandemic has wiped out progress on lofty goals such as ending world poverty and hunger in the next decade.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8748453/Bill-Gates-claims-Trumps-COVID-travel-bans-China-Europe-accelerated-pandemic.html

This guys a joke don't forget he's the guy who invented computer viruses to then sell us the cure sound familiar?

Gates did not invent computer viruses or malware. They pre-date the personal computer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_virus#Historical_development

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, stereologist said:

The China travel ban applied only to Chinese Nationals except for flights coming from Hong Kong or Macao. The ban did not stop people coming from Europe and the version of the virus in the US came from Europe.

That's absolutely true.

Trump caused the "stampede" by introducing a ban that was largely ineffective.

• Thanks 1

Oh that's rich.

First it's his fault for not having a struck enough travel ban and now it's his fault for having a travel ban at all :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, seanjo said:

The travel ban was introduced late because people were calling a travel ban to and from China racist, you people have short memories.

It was racist in that it only covered Chinese Nationals. I already pointed that out in this thread.

And let's not forget that the travel ban to Europe was too late.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, seanjo said:

It wasn't racist, it was a sensible precaution that should have been taken as soon as it was recommended, the virus started in China or did you miss that? Do you think the virus is racist affecting BAME more?

It was a racist travel ban only affecting Chinese nationals, or did you miss that?

Are you doing a strawman argument now? What does this comment have to do with Trump's racist travel ban? " Do you think the virus is racist affecting BAME more?"

The travel ban should have banned all travel from China. That is not what was in the travel ban.  The travel also allowed travel from Hong Kong and Macao.

• Thanks 2

How effective was this supposed travel ban? terrible.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/8000-chinese-nationals-came-into-us-after-trump-travel-ban-coronavirus

Up to 8,000 Chinese nationals came into US after Trump banned travel due to coronavirus: AP

if you have a travel ban that doesn't actually do anything, then you do not have an actual travel ban.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, seanjo said:

That is not racist, that is sensible, at the time the virus was prevalent in China amongst Chinese people, and the Chinese communist party + the WHO had told us it couldn't be passed from human to human it was a dietary thing, i.e. eating infected bats. Do you not remember that?

China and the WHO are to blame for this, nobody else, we are all just trying to muddle our way through.

When you lefties get off your partisan blame band wagon, then maybe we can have a real conversation with a real good outcome.

Blame wagon? The rich irony trump and his trumpettes blame anything and everyone for his countless bumbling failures.

If trump had not been a disaster of a potus with a grossly incompetent life costing epic fail covid response trumpettes wouldnt be grasping at blame straws, gates wouldnt have said that and this wouldnt be a thread,

be real own your orange masters fails.

And btw,

Acute, i miss your hedgehog.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, seanjo said:

That is not racist, that is sensible, at the time the virus was prevalent in China amongst Chinese people, and the Chinese communist party + the WHO had told us it couldn't be passed from human to human it was a dietary thing, i.e. eating infected bats. Do you not remember that?

China and the WHO are to blame for this, nobody else, we are all just trying to muddle our way through.

When you lefties get off your partisan blame band wagon, then maybe we can have a real conversation with a real good outcome.

Do I remember eating bats as the cause? That was a made up urban legend. You really seem rather separated from reality.

You need to check the timeline because your so-called argument is a failure. The travel ban went into effect after WHO reported human to human transmission was possible.

When you righties stop getting everything wrong you might learn something.

• Haha 2

I just want to mention to those posters labeling others as lefties that I vote quite conservatively, but I know Trump is a failure. I'm not going to defend Trump and his numerous failures.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, seanjo said:

Your short memory is not my problem.

Your incompetence is not my problem.

Here are your glaring and laughable errors:

1. Eating bat was not real. That came from a photo of someone on a Pacific Island. But the incompetent seem to have not learned that.
  2. The WHO reported that there was human-to-human transmission BEFORE Trump made up his racist travel ban

It is clear that your memory of events is horrible. Fix your glaring and laughable mistakes.

• Thanks 2

For the loonies that were tricked and still don't know, here is the bat eating story.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7938207/Chinese-travel-presenter-ate-bat-begs-public-forgiveness-amid-coronavirus-outbreak.html

A Chinese travel presenter has apologised to the public after a video of her eating a bat in 2016 went viral amid the coronavirus outbreak.

Wang Mengyun, who has gathered a massive following through her online travel show, is seen in the programme ripping apart the animal with her hands before eating it. 

The three-year-old clip became widely shared on social media after the health crisis broke out in China, sparking an uproar from web users.

It was an old video used to trick people.

If you don't hand feed the righties they will never learn.

1 hour ago, seanjo said:

Your democrat masters at state level are to blame, defund the Police allow mass protests during a pandemic, check your irony check your blame

And yet again you epic fail,  they are not my democrat masters i dont have a party.

Ooh yeah, you are correct big gatherings spread covid like trump rallies where they hate masks.

My irony is you are orange blind to...

2 hours ago, the13bats said:

Blame wagon? The rich irony trump and his trumpettes blame anything and everyone for his countless bumbling failures.

If trump had not been a disaster of a potus with a grossly incompetent life costing epic fail covid response trumpettes wouldnt be grasping at blame straws, gates wouldnt have said that and this wouldnt be a thread,

be real own your orange masters fails.

And btw,

Acute, i miss your hedgehog.

Keep trying but heres a tip, a large cheesy emoji doesnt get your point across it shows you ran dry.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, seanjo said:

Why is it MAINLY democrat run states are rife with covid?

That's a good question actually. Why is it that all of the cities are mainly run by Democrat?

In our area the bulk of the people with COVID-19 are college students. Wonder which way they vote? Don't know. Don't care.

The question real exhibits the issue of people not knowing what is happening and falling back on politics as if that is some sort of answer. Here are the 8 top counties for COVID-19 cases. As we would expect they are all larger population areas.

image.png.91b76942a2d70ab6457ea30d3b9846fc.png

And here are more

image.png.a9fb36445316b6b2243d2e84944976bf.png

So we have:

• 4 entries California
  • 3 entries Texas and New York
  • 2 entries Florida
  • 1 entry Nevada, Arizona, Illinois

So how you want to add these up? Does it matter how we add it up?

In other words I want to see if you can justify this statement which may or not be correct: " Why is it MAINLY democrat run states are rife with covid? "

And let's not forget that less than 2% of the people in the US have been infected so far.