Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

E-Cig Clouds Aren't 'Vapour', Scientists Warn

Still Waters

Emissions from e-cigarettes are not harmless and calling them vapour is purposefully misleading, scientists argue.

While the puffs from e-cigs aren't exactly smoke, the term 'vapour' often brings to mind an innocuous cloud of water.

As such, public health experts argue 'aerosol' is a more accurate description, as e-cigarette clouds have been shown to contain harmful chemicals that may hang in the air and settle on nearby surfaces.

The change in name might sound pedantic, but new research suggests it has a real impact on public policy and how individuals assess their risk of exposure from tobacco products. 

https://www.sciencealert.com/e-cigarette-clouds-aren-t-vapor-scientists-argue-that-only-makes-them-sound-safer

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/07448481.2020.1819293

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I tried one puff on one at a mall sales booth once....it felt like smoke ..and made me Cough !

• Like 1

i know some one who never smoked in their life but at the age of 53 took up vaping wtf is that all about

• Like 2

Reminds me of club/band fog machines, the 70s/80s the juice was pretty nasty im not sure what all was in it, then as the machines got better they use vegetable glycerine yeah, the stuff in an enima,  which is a fall back on if you run out of fog on a busy night.

Its mixed with purified water and sometimes scents, it is atomized into a vapor like state and hangs in the air, so in a way a club is like a huge e cig.

• Like 1