Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

117-yr-old becomes Japan's oldest ever person

Still Waters

A 117-year-old woman with a weakness for fizzy drinks and chocolate has become Japan’s oldest person on record, as the country marks a public holiday devoted to its senior citizens.

Kane Tanaka, who had already been recognised by the Guinness Book of Records as the world’s oldest living person in March last year, achieved the all-time Japanese age record on Saturday, when she became 117 years and 261 days old.

The supercentenarian, who lives in a nursing home in the south-western city of Fukuoka, beat the previous record, held by another Japanese woman, Nabi Tajima, who died in April 2018 aged 117 years and 260 days.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/sep/21/woman-117-marks-becoming-japans-oldest-ever-person-with-cola-and-boardgames

Related:

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/topic/326147-116-year-old-is-worlds-oldest-living-person/?

• Like 1

Clueless me: "It seems like there's a new 'world's oldest person' all the time" 

My two good brain cells: "no ****, they keep dying, dummy" 

Amazing to reach that age.  Born in 1903, the same year the Wright Brothers flew their first plane.  

• Like 1

What annoys me about articles like this is that I always wish they would give us some medical information about the person that age. Does she have to take meds for any conditions? Did she ever have to get rid of a tumor? How is her vision at that age?

The age is impressive but I would also like to know the quality of life she has without all the hype.

• Like 1