Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Michelle

Read Tyler Perry's Entire, speech

Michelle

I love this guy and he is an inspiration to what can be accomplished if you set your mind to it. His production studio is in Atlanta. When Hollywood pressured him to move because of politics he didn't budge. 

Read Tyler Perry's Entire, Inspirational 'Quilt' Speech from the 2020 Emmys

"Because in my grandmother’s quilt, there are no patches that represented Black people on television," he said as he accepted the award. "But in my quilt, her grandson is being celebrated by the Television Academy"

Tyler Perry just made history as the recipient of this year's Emmy Governors Award.

During Sunday evening's 72nd Emmy Awards, Perry was the first Black person to ever individually be awarded the honor.

The director, 51, accepted the award on behalf of himself and The Perry Foundation and gave an impassioned speech, in which he opened up about a quilt his grandmother gifted him when he was 19. At the time, he was "embarrassed by it" and thought it had "no value," he said, but later learned its value.

cont...

https://people.com/tv/emmys-2020-tyler-perry-inspirational-quilt-speech/

This attitude is missing with so many people today. It is their loss.

I would have put this in a different section, but I thought a high traffic area would get the word out better.

• Like 3

Kittens Are Jerks

Beautiful, and very powerful speech. Thank you for posting it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Free99

We love his movies he’s very gifted. He deserves what he’s got and has been there for allot of people. 

• Like 2

Michelle

I absolutely love the Madea movies. The characters are based on all the people from his childhood. Nobody else could pull that off without a lot of criticism. They are certainly what I'm accustomed to.

• Like 1

South Alabam
2 hours ago, Michelle said:

I absolutely love the Madea movies. The characters are based on all the people from his childhood. Nobody else could pull that off without a lot of criticism. They are certainly what I'm accustomed to.

Yep, kind of corny, yet funny too.

• Like 1