Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Enlightenment by virtuous conduct alone...

Ajay0

8 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

The American military has never aspired to nor had any pretense of enlightenment. Any person may sell their version of enlightenment at thirty dollars a book quite shamelessly and freely if they so choose. It's quite legal.:D

I never said that American soldiers are enlightened Buddhas spreading wisdom and auspiciousness around the world.  I only stated that the American military budget is cannibalising other sectors like education,affordable basics like housing and healthcare and so on to the peril of the American people.

I have also stated that I have never read Rajini Menon's book. Her interview and points was sufficient knowledge for me for providing meaning and perspective to often asked questions in life.

Edited by Ajay0

Just now, Ajay0 said:

I never said that American soldiers are enlightened Buddhas spreading wisdom and auspiciousness around the world.  I only stated that the American military budget is cannibalising other sectors like education,affordable basics like housing and healthcare and so on to the peril of the American people.

I have also stated that I have never Rajini Menon's book. Her interview and points was sufficient knowledge for me for providing meaning and perspective to often asked questions in life.

And available to the masses at thirty dollars a pop. I wonder how many of India's poor could have been fed, with the money spent on her shiny new aircraft carrier....

• Like 1

I don’t know how people come up with this but it never ends no matter what religion you fall into. Turn the other cheek but yet vengeance is mine! Basically there again no matter what religion you are learning to live without hate is a good thing. Hate can consume you from all angles in life. And when you sit back and dial into what you consider a great person is this is the type that makes for a great leader. At least in some ways it makes for a coward in my book. Turning the other cheek to reach enlightenment I’m sure might earn you a few stars but when you have to go before God to answer for you’re sins I’m sure his question is going to be why didn’t you defend the life he gave you and stand up? Not I’m so proud of you because you turned into a door mat and let people walk all over you. If there is any such thing as enlightenment I’m sure it’s bestowed upon you for you’re good deeds. Things that you accomplished to help others in need. Not because you didn’t toss someone’s eraser in the trash. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Freez1 said:

I don’t know how people come up with this but it never ends no matter what religion you fall into. Turn the other cheek but yet vengeance is mine! Basically there again no matter what religion you are learning to live without hate is a good thing. Hate can consume you from all angles in life. And when you sit back and dial into what you consider a great person is this is the type that makes for a great leader. At least in some ways it makes for a coward in my book. Turning the other cheek to reach enlightenment I’m sure might earn you a few stars but when you have to go before God to answer for you’re sins I’m sure his question is going to be why didn’t you defend the life he gave you and stand up? Not I’m so proud of you because you turned into a door mat and let people walk all over you. If there is any such thing as enlightenment I’m sure it’s bestowed upon you for you’re good deeds. Things that you accomplished to help others in need. Not because you didn’t toss someone’s eraser in the trash. 

Have you been drinking the holy water?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, jmccr8 said:

Have you been drinking the holy water?

The waters of Mother Gunga.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hammerclaw said:

And available to the masses at thirty dollars a pop. I wonder how many of India's poor could have been fed, with the money spent on her shiny new aircraft carrier....

I wonder how many Americans lacking housing, healthcare, and education could have been served if just one of their 11 aircraft carriers costing billions was used instead in the other sectors mentioned.

With a military budget of 766.58 billion U.S. dollars each year, it is quite apparent that the other sectors are taking a major hit.

12 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Absolutely! e's the salt o the earth!

See!!!!

He knows me!!

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Ajay0 said:

I wonder how many Americans lacking housing, healthcare, and education could have been served if just one of their 11 aircraft carriers costing billions was used instead in the other sectors mentioned.

With a military budget of 766.58 billion U.S. dollars each year, it is quite apparent that the other sectors are taking a major hit.

Actually not. They're all bloated and overfunded and spend the money wastefully. All American poor have access to housing, healthcare and education if they avail themselves of it. Criminals, drug addicts and the mentally ill often choose not to. Some States prioritize their welfare, some do not. Americans spend over 70 Billion dollars on their pets every year.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Actually not. They're all bloated and overfunded and spend the money wastefully. All American poor have access to housing, healthcare and education if they avail themselves of it.

Then why are they not availing of it then !! Why is the numbers of the homeless rising, with many even of the middle class complaining of rising healthcare and education costs which are not affordable to them.  I get to read many such rants on the net and youtube videos !

Edited by Ajay0

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

You're doing the exact same thing.

But I do not consider values like nonviolence, compassion , empathy to be mere mental abstractions or contrivances , which is the nihilist or existentialist viewpoint.

8 minutes ago, Ajay0 said:

Then why are they not availing of it then. Why is the numbers of the homeless rising, with many even of the middle class complaining of rising healthcare and education costs which are not affordable to them.  I get to read many such rants on the net and youtube videos !

I'm sure you do. In Democrat run States and cities often called Blue States, some areas have relaxed their vagrancy laws in the name personal freedom and the rights of people to live how ever they want to live. That's the madness and chaos that you see over-hyped in the news. The homeless amount to a few tens of thousands out of a population of 333 billion. In Republican (Red) States, the homeless are usually not permitted to camp on the streets and efforts are made to find them housing as vagrancy laws are still enforced.

Edited by Hammerclaw

4 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

I'm sure you do. In Democrat run States and cities often called Blue States, some areas have relaxed their vagrancy laws in the name personal freedom and the rights of people to live how ever they want to live. That's the madness and chaos that you see over-hyped in the news. The homeless amount to a few tens of thousands out of a population of 333 billion.

I hope you are right. But statistics states that there are around 580466 homeless people in January 2020 itself and the numbers seems to be increasing.

https://endhomelessness.org/homelessness-in-america/homelessness-statistics/state-of-homelessness-2021/

Just now, Ajay0 said:

I hope you are right. But statistics states that there are around 580466 homeless people in January 2020 itself and the numbers seems to be increasing.

https://endhomelessness.org/homelessness-in-america/homelessness-statistics/state-of-homelessness-2021/

People not able to provide housing for themselves are very often still classified as homeless, even while living in public housing. Rich cities don't want to house the poor, they don't want build more for them, they don't want them there. They're all for something to be done for the homelessness, just not in their neighborhood--it would bring down property values. Those are the cities with the worst homeless problem.  

2 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

People not able to provide housing for themselves are very often still classified as homeless, even while living in public housing. Rich cities don't want to house the poor, they don't want build more for them, they don't want them there. They're all for something to be done for the homelessness, just not in their neighborhood--it would bring down property values. Those are the cities with the worst homeless problem.  

Yes, I have seen  videos of Americans living in tents and so on in the middle of cities and parks.  It appears that they are also subject to insults and criticism by the rich and privileged over there which makes things harder for them. Hopefully the administration over there can provide humane solutions for such issues instead of exacerbating them with a vicious attitude and mindset, and not taking into account the various social factors that may have placed them there.

Jesus , if he were to come, would rather sleep with the hospitable poor in their tents rather than with the haughty rich in their mansions.

Edited by Hammerclaw

3 hours ago, Ajay0 said:

But I do not consider values like nonviolence, compassion , empathy to be mere mental abstractions or contrivances , which is the nihilist or existentialist viewpoint.

Those associations are just concepts. A person might have empathy for an animal but not a human. May show compassion to one, but not another. Not sure why you'd bring nonviolence into this. As someone who's explored the waters of nihilism, knowing that nothing matters. I have little to no reason to desire destruction. Well to do anything that would inconvenience me really. 

I see the game, I just don't feel like playing.

16 hours ago, Sherapy said:

Realizing self?

Yes, awakening to ones true Self.

The Buddha-nature we all have within.

The Christ consciousness that is our little piece of Heaven.

17 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Crazy Horse

I love having choices and there is a difference between having choices and making bad decisions

Indeed.

Yet what is even better still, in my opinion, is THAT state of choice-less-ness.

Where one is lead by the heart, and thoughts play little, if any part of it.

16 hours ago, XenoFish said:

So you become a zombie. Sad thing is you're always thinking, even when you are not consciously aware of it. The mind is always going. So a state of no thought is more or less a focus on a thought, the thought of not thinking thoughts. I honestly have no idea why you hate ego so much, it's basically you. This "god" you claim connectivity to is just a mental construct based on a concept of divinity. Which really means you're only connecting to a idea of god. Not a god or anything divine. 

Where to start?

When one is in a state of thought-less-ness, one is not thinking, "No thoughts, no thoughts, etc". No, because that would be absurd. The state of having no thoughts means that there are no thoughts, ideas, concepts or perceptions whatsoever.

Why do I "Hate" the ego so much? Because it is the root of all of ones woes. It is unreal, and illusionary, and if one wants to know, Marry, GOD, then the ego can no longer exist. One cannot serve two masters at once. Bearing in mind, the bliss, joy, and peacefulness that arrives with THAT.

And lastly...

This GOD is not a mental construct. I just told you that there cannot be any concepts if one wishes to Know THAT.

17 hours ago, XenoFish said:

The ego is the self. Barriers are often subconscious. Being based on beliefs, even the belief that such barriers exist which can be a stumbling block. The belief that the ego prevents, is a block as well.

Perhaps a better focus would be to drop all this ego focus and just try to be a better person. 

The one and only barrier to realising Self, is the pull of the ego, (for good, positive ideas, or the more negative, selfish motivations) out of ones divine consciousness and back into the land of the unreal.

Zero thoughts may lead to GOD Consciousness.

Any thought equals the ego.

If that's not your bag, then good luck, I cannot force anyone to walk this path, so why would I even bother trying?

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Yes, awakening to ones true Self.

The Buddha-nature we all have within.

The Christ consciousness that is our little piece of Heaven.

What is a true self? 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Where to start?

When one is in a state of thought-less-ness, one is not thinking, "No thoughts, no thoughts, etc". No, because that would be absurd. The state of having no thoughts means that there are no thoughts, ideas, concepts or perceptions whatsoever.

Why do I "Hate" the ego so much? Because it is the root of all of ones woes. It is unreal, and illusionary, and if one wants to know, Marry, GOD, then the ego can no longer exist. One cannot serve two masters at once. Bearing in mind, the bliss, joy, and peacefulness that arrives with THAT.

And lastly...

This GOD is not a mental construct. I just told you that there cannot be any concepts if one wishes to Know THAT.

You do realize this is your own flawed perspective. God is an idea, if it wasn't it could be proven to exist. 

30 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

The one and only barrier to realising Self, is the pull of the ego, (for good, positive ideas, or the more negative, selfish motivations) out of ones divine consciousness and back into the land of the unreal.

Zero thoughts may lead to GOD Consciousness.

Any thought equals the ego.

If that's not your bag, then good luck, I cannot force anyone to walk this path, so why would I even bother trying?

I know who I am. There wasn't much to realizing it either. Most people already know themselves, it is the acceptance part that's troublesome. 

Your path is equally flawed as all other paths.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• This topic was locked and unlocked
  • The topic was locked