Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Enlightenment by virtuous conduct alone...

Ajay0

10 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

The pleasure is in the peacefulness of ones life.

Of connecting to THAT, via a peaceful, thoughtless state of being. Which is easy and difficult at the same time...lol.

The thing is, with ego-present pleasures, they ultimately lead one to some kind of regret, or feelings of remorse..

Don't get me wrong, our senses can give us some extraordinary moments of total ecstasy, but, what goes up....

Suffering is inescapable within the ego. And so one may make the decision as to take it wisely, or egocentrically. 

Basically, suffering is going to happen, learn, set a good example, be mindful, and turn a perceived set-back, into the next golden opportunity.

Strange. The thought/memory of my daughter's first laugh makes me smile. A warm cup of coffee on a cold day fills me with contentment. 

As for suffering, that's how we grow. Suffering is the challenges in life. The small to great problems we must face and hopefully overcome. 

Edited by XenoFish
Damn phone
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

Perhaps you could tell me exactly how I see the ego, and  therefore, why it is the source of all my woes?

Either you or Sheri..

Hi Crazy Hoorse

Short version of a short story, because you see it as evil, you are your own Satan and trying to run away form you.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Crazy Horse

Where I come from we have a name for people like this, Mark.

Thinking is what make us unique and has advanced us to achieve all the comforts and safety you enjoy today.

Any feelings of comfort, and safety, come from the Father.

• Confused 3

3 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Crazy Hoorse

Short version of a short story, because you see it as evil, you are your own Satan and trying to run away form you.

Are you sipping the bottle?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Strange. The thought/memory of my daughter's first laugh makes me smile. A warm cup of coffee on a cold day fails me with contentment. 

As for suffering, that's how we grow. Suffering is the challenges in life. The small to great problems we must face and hopefully overcome. 

That is strange, the thought that you have offspring.

Its called duality.

The highs and the lows of the ego.

The fact is, that there is no lasting peace, or happiness, or power, when one is serving the ego.

6 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Crazy Hoorse

You think I see the ego as evil..

Why?

I just said that suffering can be transformed into a golden opportunity.

Hardly evil.

2 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

Well yes, I do see the ego as the source of ones woes..

So lets have another looksey.

The ego, whether the more debased, selfish side, or the more noble-minded aspect, matters not, for it is the actual thoughts themselves that are keeping one from Realisation..(and the Truth).

Not good.

But to put it into plain language, the ego is here, there, and everywhere, and as such can never be satisfied, with only one conclusion. 

Suffering.

The ego has no substance, and therefore is unreal, and again with the same conclusion.

More suffering.

Hi Crazy Horse

Your post makes me think this is your self attitude

Episode 18 GIF by The Simpsons

I could probably refer someone to help you with that.

Communist Party Model GIF

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Crazy Horse

Your post makes me think this is your self attitude

Episode 18 GIF by The Simpsons

I could probably refer someone to help you with that.

Communist Party Model GIF

Nah...

More like this.

19 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

That is strange, the thought that you have offspring.

Its called duality.

The highs and the lows of the ego.

The fact is, that there is no lasting peace, or happiness, or power, when one is serving the ego.

I have 3 daughters whom I have worked hard to care for. I have people that love and depend on me. To me there is no duality, there is only life. While you and other might paint me as the king of misery none know my heart. I don't need God to be happy. I have family.

Edited by XenoFish
  • Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Any feelings of comfort, and safety, come from the Father.

Hi Crazy Horse

So having a roof over your head of a furnace heating your home in winter was all created by thinking people and you enjoy the comfort of what they thought or not?

7 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

You think I see the ego as evil..

Why?

I just said that suffering can be transformed into a golden opportunity.

Hardly evil.

Crazy Horse

You have constantly blamed the ego for all of your short comings so yes you think it is evil and are trying to suppress it not me.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

I have 3 daughters whom I have worked hard to care for. I have people that love and depend on me. To me there is do duality, there is only life. While you and other might paint me as the king of misery none know my heart. I don't need God to be happy. I have family.

Good.

Only, GOD is Eternal and Everlasting..

Like I said, what goes up, must come down.

The fact that we are all talking about the ego as if it is something else, kind of demonstrates what we all know sub-consciously, at least.

4 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Crazy Horse

So having a roof over your head of a furnace heating your home in winter was all created by thinking people and you enjoy the comfort of what they thought or not?

Sure..

Until the roof breaks open, and the boiler packs-up.

Ive lived with-out a roof over my head. 

Its something I enjoy.

1 minute ago, Crazy Horse said:

Good.

Only, GOD is Eternal and Everlasting..

Like I said, what goes up, must come down.

The fact that we are all talking about the ego as if it is something else, kind of demonstrates what we all know sub-consciously, at least.

No. I accept being human. Flaws and all. God means nothing to me. No human can say yes or no to such a things existence. All we have is speculation, the idea of deity. Feeling are not proof. Ego is ourselves. Learn to accept yourself, focus on cultivating a good nature, and always strive the best you can against life's hardships. You have to go through hell before you get to heaven. There are no shortcuts. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Sure..

Until the roof breaks open, and the boiler packs-up.

Ive lived with-out a roof over my head. 

Its something I enjoy.

I'm really beginning to think that you're the negative one here.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Crazy Horse

You have constantly blamed the ego for all of your short comings so yes you think it is evil and are trying to suppress it not me.

Yes, I have blamed the ego, for all my woes on more than one occasion, that's true.

But I have also said that any harsh lesson can be turned to Gold, too.

The higher mind is good for one thing, to take one to the Gates of the Kingdom. 

But to explore THAT Place, all thoughts, concepts, perceptions etc, must be left behind.

No need for any bad feelings.

• Confused 1

Just now, XenoFish said:

I'm really beginning to think that you're the negative one here.

You would say that....lol.

7 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Just being honest. The lack of self love. A desire for a safe space from the world. An emotional need for parental love (god). This need to destroy your-self as if being yourself is evil. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Strange. The thought/memory of my daughter's first laugh makes me smile. A warm cup of coffee on a cold day fills me with contentment. 

I just got back from taking my dog on a walk, it was delightful, peaceful, and beautiful and meditative. And, I am now enjoying the endorphin high that comes from walking briskly for a few miles too. :P

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Yes, I have blamed the ego, for all my woes on more than one occasion, that's true.

But I have also said that any harsh lesson can be turned to Gold, too.

The higher mind is good for one thing, to take one to the Gates of the Kingdom. 

But to explore THAT Place, all thoughts, concepts, perceptions etc, must be left behind.

No need for any bad feelings.

Higher mind?

50 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I have 3 daughters whom I have worked hard to care for. I have people that love and depend on me. To me there is do duality, there is only life. While you and other might paint me as the king of misery none know my heart. I don't need God to be happy. I have family.

I think I speak on behalf for many of us when I say you have come a long way baby. :wub: Facts are everyone gets miserable at times in life it is part of being human the difference is you are honest about it.  You have always had integrity even in your darkest hours. 

You have done a great job with yourself. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

The thing is, with ego-present pleasures, they ultimately lead one to some kind of regret, or feelings of remorse..

But they don't, they just can lead to that.  There are many people who can enjoy the pleasure of a drink or two and never develop a problem with or regret about it.  There are many states of mind one can pursue in sexual relations of course but a lot of the best ones require that the participants have a 'self' involved with it; the metaphorical 'dead fish' situation is definitely something to be avoided.

1 hour ago, Crazy Horse said:

Don't get me wrong, our senses can give us some extraordinary moments of total ecstasy, but, what goes up....

...must come back down to earth.  Not down to hell.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

CH, we all know better. It is apparent you have some things to work through. I wish you the best too. 

• Like 2

• This topic was locked and unlocked
  • The topic was locked