Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Enlightenment by virtuous conduct alone...

Ajay0

5 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

What exactly is so obvious about my lack of understanding, of Buddhism?

Perhaps you could give an example?

And its not that I reject the OT, just that I never read it.

I can your have none according to the contradictory comments you continually make. For instance one moment you delve into Christianity, and next you delve into your own unique spiritual beliefs then next to try to delve into the Buddhist Philosophies. Then finally you try to combine things which makes it obvious everyone that you don’t fully understand what your attempting do and when finished it mixes like oil and water which makes it totally confusing and repellent to those you attempt to share it with!:)

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

First the Buddhas teachings start with his life, there is spiritual creation mythology in the Buddhist Philosophies. Why would such a thing be necessary for any spiritual belief system unless their is also an omnipotent deity involved. The Dalai Lama like most Buddhist believe in and stay a breast of Scientific discoveries, because it would be foolish not to broaden our horizons otherwise. Scientific studies are accepted by Buddhists, unlike with organized religious practices that include a creator God figure.

I have studied Newtonian Physics, and both of Einsteins theories of Special and General Relativity and I have working knowledge of them. I believe they explain our Universe from creation to present better than non-scientific concept or belief. As far as the effect it has on my life at this point in Space Time none. However, If I am able to purify my Karma some day I will become part of the cosmic energy that surrounds us but can no longer communicate with or effect living entities in any way. 

Ones beliefs set ones horizons and the possibility to achieve.

That everything comes from GOD, as a lesson, with the ultimate Union with THAT.

If one doesn't believe, then one never strives for Greatness of Goodness, and one shall never know for oneself. (Something the Buddha stressed).

And, I am not anti-science by any means.

If I am against anything it is things such as selfishness, corruption, hatefulness, jealousy etc, although when these attitudes show-up, one may take the lesson, and move on.

36 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

I have repeated the same message over, and over, again.

That GOD is love, that everything comes from THAT, and that one may know, and unite, with The Absolute.

If you have any questions then please ask.

Then God is just a molecule in the brain.

oxytocin.jpg

Might as well shut it all down. We have proof that God exist.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

I can your have none according to the contradictory comments you continually make. For instance one moment you delve into Christianity, and next you delve into your own unique spiritual beliefs then next to try to delve into the Buddhist Philosophies. Then finally you try to combine things which makes it obvious everyone that you don’t fully understand what your attempting do and when finished it mixes like oil and water which makes it totally confusing and repellent to those you attempt to share it with!:)

Ok, so give a concrete example of my mixing Christs' message with Buddhist ideals?

And why that is so bad.

If you are confused, then you just need to ask a question.

20 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

You do not know the definition of Ego, it’s a useless word for you allow to exit your mouth because you are completely controlled by the your Id. :)

What exactly is my definition of the ego?

Please do explain.

10 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Ok, so give a concrete example of my mixing Christs' message with Buddhist ideals?

And why that is so bad.

• Thanks 3

19 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

It occurred tome that perhaps I am not understanding what you are saying 

if possible could you  explain tome 3 things 

What (to you)  is mindlessness? 

What ( to you)is the inherent purpose in meditation and mindlessness. It's a lot of work so why bother ?  

After one achieves mindlessness and the abilty to meditate deeply, how does one use it and what is its Extrinsic role in living . 

I will only add one caveat.

IMO a human cannot achieve mindlessness short of death Even when asleep our mind is working, and often conscious and accessible Eve when deeply  sedated this can also be true.

A mindless mind would not be aware of its existence, so how could it return itself to a mindful state  (which would require mindful instruction ) ?

Mindfulness is away to live your life, that gives one a new and clear understanding of all we encounter, meditation is only a part of the Philosophy.

Here is an example of mindfulness as away of life!

8DBC0790-1751-4838-AA5E-EFF595C19EE7.thumb.jpeg.d5dc9915bbde99bc02c238e198778c3a.jpeg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

What exactly is my definition of the ego?

Please do explain.

I am not concerned with your definition of Ego, my exact comments were that you don’t know the definition of Ego and that you should take the time to Learn what it means before you speak the word!:)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Manwon Lender said:

I am not concerned with your definition of Ego, my exact comments were that you don’t know the definition of Ego and that you should take the time to Learn what it means before you speak the word!:)

And how do you know that my definition of the ego is wrong, if you don't know what it is?

It sounds like your ego has got the better of you, old boy..

16 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

And why that is so bad.

You don’t understand, simple put everyone posting here sees you doing it and are confused by your attempts at doing it and trying to package with a new wrapper as some knew concept. For instance if you polish and polish a turd and it becomes shiny after much effort, no matter how you wrap and present it, will Always be a turd!:)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Mindfulness is away to live your life, that gives one a new and clear understanding of all we encounter, meditation is only a part of the Philosophy.

Here is an example of mindfulness as away of life!

8DBC0790-1751-4838-AA5E-EFF595C19EE7.thumb.jpeg.d5dc9915bbde99bc02c238e198778c3a.jpeg

Ok i appreciate that much  Again that is something i have been aware of and constantly conscious of for almost 60 years.

I am mindful every second of my life including while dreaming   and really now don't know how to be otherwise.

IMO it is  how all humans are evolved to think and to be.  But i asked what you saw mindlessness as being.

Again IMO  it is  impossible to be mindless while being mindful, or vice versa. 

I appreciate that meditation is only a part of the process.  i was wondering how you saw meditation more deeply at a personal level What is it like for you? What form of meditation do you use?  ? Why do you do it? What do you hope to gain/achieve?  What  can it enable you to do  with your mind once you are competent  a t it ?

Life is miraculous, wonderful and miraculous Yet many people don't see that. They see/feel only pain or suffering, failure  or   lack of worth.  

Being a miracle, you simply cannot be unworthy, or a failure. 

to add another opinion 

here is a common reason for mediation

Meditation can produce a deep state of relaxation and a tranquil mind. During meditation, you focus your attention and eliminate the stream of jumbled thoughts that may be crowding your mind and causing stress. This process may result in enhanced physical and emotional well-being.

But if you are like that all the time, or can simply switch it on or off on demand, why would you require meditation? Ie my mind is always relaxed and tranquil. i am always in a state of  well being  That is a matter of training and discipline in certain skills  and a certain attitude and understanding towards existence and life. 

I dont get why meditation is considered  necessary  to achieve this.

Know/understand your mind, and   how to control it, and you can just choose those states of mind ,  and create the neural networks which produce them. 

Edited by Mr Walker

3 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

And how do you know that my definition of the ego is wrong, if you don't know what it is?

It sounds like your ego has got the better of you, old boy..

By your outbursts and misdirected comments, and I never said I did know what you assume is Ego, I said I was not concerned with what you think is Ego!:)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Ok i appreciate that much  Again that is something i have been aware of and constantly conscious of for almost 60 years.

I am mindful every second of my life including while dreaming   and really now don't know how to be otherwise.

IMO it is  how all humans are evolved to think and to be.  But i asked what you saw mindlessness as being.

Again IMO  it is  impossible to be mindless while being mindful, or vice versa. 

I appreciate that meditation is only a part of the process.  i was wondering how you saw meditation more deeply at a personal level What is it like for you? What form of meditation do you use?  ? Why do you do it? What do you hope to gain/achieve?  What  can it enable you to do  with your mind once you are competent  a t it ?

Life is miraculous, wonderful and miraculous Yet many people don't see that. They see/feel only pain or suffering, failure  or   lack of worth.  

Being a miracle, you simply cannot be unworthy, or a failure. 

Dude your spreading fertilizer again, not a moment ago you said mindfulness was a dead end so save what you think your aware of and be honest it’s as bright as the Sun you have no idea what your talking about.

Dude don’t crap me I am not your favorite turd!:unsure:

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

You don’t understand, simple put everyone posting here sees you doing it and are confused by your attempts at doing it and trying to package with a new wrapper as some knew concept. For instance if you polish and polish a turd and it becomes shiny after much effort, no matter how you wrap and present it, will Always be a turd!:)

You are right, there is no understanding because you keep on criticizing without any actual examples..

How is one supposed to explain oneself with-out first understanding the accusation?

Give a concrete example of my confused ideas, or better still, just ask a question.

20 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Thank you very much!

4 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Dude your spreading fertilizer again, not a moment ago you said mindfulness was a dead end so save what you think your aware of and be honest it’s as bright as the Sun you have no idea what your talking about.

You said, quote, "You do not know the definition of ego...."

So what is my definition of ego?

Edit, er, not sure how I responded to that post, but never mind, the question stands.

Edited by Crazy Horse
  • Haha 1

Just now, Crazy Horse said:

You said, quote, "You do not know the definition of ego...."

So what is my definition of ego?

Quit being antagonistic and just give your definition. So that you can be wrong, corrected, and start another "fight" about it.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Quit being antagonistic and just give your definition. So that you can be wrong, corrected, and start another "fight" about it.

You are going on ignore for a week.

Have a great Christmas.

Feel free to respond to my posts, but don't expect me to read them, or respond.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Crazy Horse said:

Have a great Christmas.

So no definition from you. Figures. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I might not like you, but I don't hate you.

You know things can change it only takes mindfulness my friend!:tu:

22 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

It  (mindlessness ) is a dead end unless you see some use for it along a longer path. But we were talking about mindlessness( unless this was originally a typo)  Mindfulness is an absolutely essential requirement for constructive living 

Mindlessness is death.

Now unless you see achieving mindlessness as a mental  discipline along the path to constructing other controls and disciplines to bring happiness and peace etc mindlessness in itself is pointless  It is a non constructive state of mind  

eg i get the argument that to gain control of your thoughts you first need to empty your mind of randomness.   I did that by about the age of 4  without meditation And I've never had a random unconstructed thought since then.  It makes it hard for me to comprehend people who claim they don't have any conscious control over their thoughts (which is physically impossible.  it is jus that the y aren't mindful enough to recognise their  thoughts as they construct them  ) 

As a preschooler to age 13  i didn't take that path(mindlessness and meditation).  Rather, I became more mind FUL I  learned to identify the causes and effects of my thoughts and how and why i constructed them. Rather than empty my mind i simply began to choose every thought ( and emotion)  I constructed, and make sure it was constructive and positive,  and could do no harm to me or others .

I don't remember the specifics, but it required hours of effort  eg 1-2 hours every day, for several years, just to get the basics,  and a similar time to  make it innate and permanen,t so that it didn't  require conscious effort or maintenance .  About 10 years in total, and about 4-5000 hours of effort  (mostly in the evenings, but sometimes during the day ) 

at the same time I  deliberately  learned controlled lucid dreaming and controlled dreaming and accidently   how to eliminate all mental imagery from  my  waking  mind.  

Ps Why do you find this hard to believe,  and why on earth would  (or could)  I make up such a story ? 

Edited by Mr Walker

4 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Have a great Christmas.

That’s actually the first thing you have said that makes sense, but what you don’t realize it is blessing your giving the man gift. Please put me on ignore also, Hell put everyone on ignore because you live in a lonely realm where the only one who understands you is you!:(

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

That’s actually the first thing you have said that makes sense, but what you don’t realize it is blessing your giving the man gift. Please put me on ignore also, Hell put everyone on ignore because you live in a lonely realm where the only one who understands you is you!:(

Nup.  strange as it might seem :)  I understand him.

I dont agree with all his beliefs and conclusions, but  he is easily comprehensible once you have a similar understanding and appreciation;  and, within that framework, makes a great deal of sense. 

It is interesting, really. 

In many ways his and my own concepts are Buddhist in nature, but then, to get back to the OP/ thread,  IMO  Christianity, Buddhism and many  other beliefs are different forms of one universal truth.

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 1

• This topic was locked and unlocked
  • The topic was locked