Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Enlightenment by virtuous conduct alone...

Ajay0

11 hours ago, Sherapy said:

One does have to use great care in whose feet they sit at. There are a lot of charlatans. 

Yes there are, but their are also easy to identify! Anyone who preaches absolutes is a Charlatan, because there are none one size will never fit all, because there are no two people exactly the same. 

Peace:tu:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Sherapy said:

Yeah, I am getting a creepy vibe from this guy at Sat yoga institute https://forum.culteducation.com/read.php?12,148939,page=5

I totally agree after reading through that link you provided it became obvious that their spiritual teaching is not spiritual at all, and they failed my first objectivity test there are no absolutes, like you said that organization is creepy and I would even say cult like. Below is a review from a former member:

“”I recently attended Sat yoga retreat and my retreat was shortened by Sat yoga's decision. I was supposed to stay until April 2, which is 30 day Ashuram experience; however, they asked me to leave asap after I expressed my disagreement responding their unilateral 'suggestion' on unrequested psycho analysis and working for Shunyamuti' s wife at his personal kitchen. The official reason given to me was 'due to cov 19, they sending internatinal participants. Oddity is there still are many international participants. I left Sat on March 23, 2020. I believe non of the facts disclosed will offend or defamr Sat as it happened in open space at Sat Ashuram during mutual interaction.””

Thats pretty Dam freaky!:no:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Zap - Zap:no:

If there is something you do not understand, then please feel free to ask a question.

You can ask questions, right?

29 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Yes there are, but their are also easy to identify! Anyone who preaches absolutes is a Charlatan, because there are none one size will never fit all, because there are no two people exactly the same. 

Peace:tu:

Actually, one size does fit all, its called GOD.

We are One, there is only one infinite, and eternal SELF.

And to unite with THAT, is absolutely for anyone, (who cares to give THAT a go).

And btw, you saying that there is no one size fits all, is an absolute, in and of itself.

You need to start practicing what you preach.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

I totally agree after reading through that link you provided it became obvious that their spiritual teaching is not spiritual at all, and they failed my first objectivity test there are no absolutes, like you said that organization is creepy and I would even say cult like. Below is a review from a former member:

“”I recently attended Sat yoga retreat and my retreat was shortened by Sat yoga's decision. I was supposed to stay until April 2, which is 30 day Ashuram experience; however, they asked me to leave asap after I expressed my disagreement responding their unilateral 'suggestion' on unrequested psycho analysis and working for Shunyamuti' s wife at his personal kitchen. The official reason given to me was 'due to cov 19, they sending internatinal participants. Oddity is there still are many international participants. I left Sat on March 23, 2020. I believe non of the facts disclosed will offend or defamr Sat as it happened in open space at Sat Ashuram during mutual interaction.””

Thats pretty Dam freaky!:no:

So one disgruntled person....

Judge not, less you are judged too.

19 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

So one disgruntled person....

Judge not, less you are judged too.

You drank the kool-aid didn't you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, XenoFish said:

https://www.satyoga.org/shunyamurti/

Yeah, give this a read. I can almost hear him patting himself on the back. 

Thanks for the link, it appears to me like all Cult Leaders his Cult doesn't want people who can think, they are looking for people who are broken. Obviously the guy is Cult Leader the link Sheri provided actually lays it out very well. I have Crazy Horse on ignore so I dont know what his outburst above was about, but it appears that he must he one of the Zombie followers of this guy!!

Hope your holidays went well, and hopefully you and family are healthy and safe!:tu:

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

Sure..

Think on it, turn it over in your mind, let it sink-in.

But, if one really wants to work in a co-creative, cultivational way, then clear the mind and feel THAT.

Hi Crazy Horse

To be honest, I am going to continue to think I can do all the non-thinking I want when I am dead. My god is about thinking that is my purpose and how I do what I do, I think first.

As for the co-creative then my expectation is that they think as well as I have no interest in thinking for others that just want to skate along on my shirt tail.

You have your god construct and I have mine and mine work well for me so am not in the market looking for a new one.:tu:

• Like 4

Life might have its fleeting moments of bliss and misery, so why bury your head in the sand. Just live it. I guess that's why I can't process the escapeism of spirituality/religion. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Crazy Horse

To be honest, I am going to continue to think I can do all the non-thinking I want when I am dead. My god is about thinking that is my purpose and how I do what I do, I think first.

As for the co-creative then my expectation is that they think as well as I have no interest in thinking for others that just want to skate along on my shirt tail.

You have your god construct and I have mine and mine work well for me so am not in the market looking for a new one.:tu:

Its your life, its your choice, I have never said anything different.

I hope, that you find a deep, and lasting inner peace, a deep and lasting joyfulness, and a perfect connection to GOD, however you see THAT.

9 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Life might have its fleeting moments of bliss and misery, so why bury your head in the sand. Just live it. I guess that's why I can't process the escapeism of spirituality/religion. 

Who is burying their head in the sand?

I have, and shall, try anything that seems reasonable. Any thing that resonates with this one. And those ideas, theories, and concepts shall be dropped in a heartbeat if they are demonstrated to be false. To know for oneself is best.. And so one is left with only virtuous conduct.

GOD, or whatever you wish to call THAT, is always present within. Busting the clouds that obscure THAT with love, and by dropping the selfish, egoic tendencies, shall allow THAT to shine through oneself, unconditionally, upon any and everyone.

"Just live it", you say, sure, but why not just live life to ones greatest potential, whatever THAT is!!! 

Edit: @Manwon LenderI thought I was on your ignore list? But anyway, perhaps you could answer the above posts, addressed to you?

Edited by Crazy Horse
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, XenoFish said:

You drank the kool-aid didn't you.

I drank from the Waters of Life.

I know from personal experience what works, and what doesn't.

And its love that works, on every level.

Belittling, mocking, judging and hating doesn't give one anything but grief.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Enter Toby, centre stage... 

Sound: thunder, lighting, fire and brimstone... 

[00.05:01]

~

• Haha 4

21 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

I drank from the Waters of Life.

I know from personal experience what works, and what doesn't.

And its love that works, on every level.

Belittling, mocking, judging and hating doesn't give one anything but grief.

Critically thinking about another's approach to life, which they push gives a bit of insight into the mental mechinations they have.

You hard sell this idea of yours. So rigid and adamant that you know the "truth". You have an opinion, nothing more.

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Critically thinking about another's approach to life, which they push gives a bit of insight into the mental mechinations they have.

You hard sell this idea of yours. So rigid and adamant that you know the "truth". You have an opinion, nothing more.

So what is mine, or the Sat Yogis approach to life?

Please do share your insights.

I have shared mine, that love is the key. If you disagree, then fine, but please, at least, tell us why you disagree.

Thank you.

9 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

So what is mine, or the Sat Yogis approach to life?

Please do share your insights.

I have shared mine, that love is the key. If you disagree, then fine, but please, at least, tell us why you disagree.

Thank you.

Because it's all nonsense. There is no truth within any spiritual context. Just emotion fueled opinions. None of these guru's knows anything. Not even Buddha.

They sell a philosophy of life, that's it. Not only this, some take it to cultish level. Preying on the gullible and weak. Convincing them that they have the only truth. 

What happen to having me on ignore? Miss me that much.

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Because it's all nonsense. There is no truth within any spiritual context. Just emotion fueled opinions. None of these guru's knows anything. Not even Buddha.

They sell a philosophy of life, that's it. Not only this, some take it to cultish level. Preying on the gullible and weak. Convincing them that they have the only truth. 

What happen to having me on ignore? Miss me that much.

You really have a terrible memory, don't you..

You was on ignore for 2 weeks, which finished today, not that, that, stopped you from responding to my messages, It seems that it is you who missed me.

Anyway, keep burying your head in the sand old boy, alls perfect anyway.

29 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Anyway, keep burying your head in the sand old boy, alls perfect anyway.

I don't have to pretend a God loves me. Nor do I need to act like a needy child to get that love. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, XenoFish said:

I don't have to pretend a God loves me. Nor do I need to act like a needy child to get that love. 

Surely I am allowed to believe in something, just as I know you are allowed to believe in anything you want?

So long as one doesn't hurt other folks..

And so I belive in love, (virtuous conduct). 

And meditation to realise SELF, aka GOD.

So if I am not hurting anyone, then what's the problem?

12 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Surely I am allowed to believe in something, just as I know you are allowed to believe in anything you want?

So long as one doesn't hurt other folks..

And so I belive in love, (virtuous conduct). 

And meditation to realise SELF, aka GOD.

So if I am not hurting anyone, then what's the problem?

You push your beliefs as an absolute. That is the primary issue. 

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

You push your beliefs as an absolute. That is the primary issue. 

Well if that's what you think, then you are way off the mark.

First of all I have said many times that one is free to believe what ones wants to, only, don't hurt folks..

I have also said, that any idea, concept, and belief are no longer needed after a certain stage. A bit of a paradox, but at least both angles are covered..

And the way to know GOD, HEAVEN, SELF, is via meditation.

And I have also said that anyone may know/test/experience/be all these things.

How much fairer could THAT be?

2 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

First of all I have said many times that one is free to believe what ones wants to, only, don't hurt folks..

I have also said, that any idea, concept, and belief are no longer needed after a certain stage. A bit of a paradox, but at least both angles are covered..

How you treat those who question and disagree with you. You have belittle those who do not see things your way. Pretty much mocked the Buddhist as know-nothings. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Crazy Horse said:

I'm going to focus on this in particular. This is wholly your belief. Sure otehr might share such a concept, but this is how you filter things. If a person has little to zero belief in god, there is no amount of meditation in the multiverse that will help. Heaven, like god, is just a concept. An idea. I think most of us know who we are, our self. Meditation is just one tool among many. It is only worth what is put into it. If in your case an idea is cultivated around the concept of unity with deity. Then over time you're building up and reinforcing that IDEA. Such an idea will shape your personal subjective reality tunnel. It isn't a truth. Just a frame work. A model. 

Typically within the minds of beliefs this occurs when a strict and very rigid world view is created. A point in which there is a terribly high level of conviction. In which no amount of reason, reality, or logic can shake such a narrow field of view.  No angle are covered. Just the results of a very limited viewpoint. 

Any test you might give to others is going to be limited due to belief or lack of. Even if someone does experience something is will not match your own experience. 

Wrong. As I mentioned in my previous post. It is how you interact with others. That's what I'm basing my opinion on. 

Unless their beliefs are opposed to yours. Then they get a run around trying to understand what you're wanting to get across.

Fair to who? Us or yourself? Are you here to discuss in a straight forward manner or here to just preach?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Crazy Horse said:

To be fair meditation isn’t about what you claim. It is misleading the junk you are trying to advance. This is not personal, simply feedback. Yet, it seems to be your own personal take so knock yourself out. 

But, there is the Catholic practice of Ignatian Contemplation [which ]”is prayer with Scripture. It is meeting God through story. The prayer develops as you “live into” a Scripture story with all your senses and imagination. You become a participant in the story, and you continue in the story in your heart, mind, imagination, spirit and body after the reading ends. You let the Spirit guide the prayer - you don’t force anything to happen - you let it happen to you, within you, around you. You may pray with the same story for many days in a row before you feel the prayer is complete, that God has spoken to you, that you have heard God, and worked through what it means for you. 

https://www.luther.edu/grace-institute/assets/Ignatian_Contemplation__Imaginative_Prayer.pdf

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• The topic was locked