Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Enlightenment by virtuous conduct alone...

Ajay0

4 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

You're so silly. 

Only time will tell for sure..

But if silliness brings one peace and contentment, then so be it.

57 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Only time will tell for sure..

But if silliness brings one peace and contentment, then so be it.

Then shut up. Some around here find the simple enjoyment of life to be the highest value. I don't think anyone gives an honest damn what you do. 

If utter self annihilation gets your rocks off, have at it. 

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Then shut up. Some around here find the simple enjoyment of life to be the highest value. I don't think anyone gives an honest damn what you do. 

Nah, Im not going to keep quite..

You may not like what I have to say, but that's your problem, isn't it!

10 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

When you speak about stuff you don't understand that is everyone's problem. I believe the practicing Buddhist know more than you will ever know. You're just too egotistical to realize that. 

Edited by XenoFish
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

When you speak about stuff you don't understand that is everyone's problem. I believe the practicing Buddhist know more than you will ever know. You're just too egotistical to realize that. 

You do not speak for everybody who reads my posts, to think otherwise is very egotistical.

The idea that one may realise enlightenment by virtuous conduct alone is very interesting..

What do you think/believe/know?

2 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

You do not speak for everybody who reads my posts, to think otherwise is very egotistical.

The idea that one may realise enlightenment by virtuous conduct alone is very interesting..

I don't have to speak for others. I've seen the responses you get.

I think enlightenment is meaningless. 

I guess you can't ignore me.:lol:

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I don't have to speak for others. I've seen the responses you get.

I think enlightenment is meaningless. 

I guess you can't ignore me.:lol:

I put you on ignore for a week last time, that week has now expired, and so this time you are on ignore for two weeks..

Any messages you post will not be read, nor responded to.

Happy New Year.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Crazy Horse said:

I put you on ignore for a week last time, that week has now expired, and so this time you are on ignore for two weeks..

Any messages you post will not be read, nor responded to.

Happy New Year.

Two weeks? Pathetic. Go the whole 9 yards, make it eternal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

22 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

22 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

It does appear that you over complicating and misunderstanding the ego.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

It does appear that you over complicating and misunderstanding the ego.

While displaying a marked degree of it.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

Excellent feedback when one thinks they already know, are already enlightened they miss out on the feedback/growth. I observe that you are trying to help CH, yet, there is such an immersion in his own conditioned personality the egoic self. It is easy to stay trapped into a victim mentality or create an exaggerated sense of self. At best one creates a more palatable mental sense of self, or reality tunnel. IMHO

• Like 1

• The topic was locked

Far too much discussing other members and general derogatory commentary going on here. Discuss the OP topic, not each other or other derailing commentary please. 

• Like 1

• The topic was unlocked
5 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Excellent feedback when one thinks they already know, are already enlightened they miss out on the feedback/growth. I observe that you are trying to help CH, yet, there is such an immersion in his own conditioned personality the egoic self. It is easy to stay trapped into a victim mentality or create an exaggerated sense of self. At best one creates a more palatable mental sense of self, or reality tunnel. IMHO

If you have to spend an excessive amount of time cultivating a spiritual belief, all you are doing is affirming a selective way of thinking. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

If you have to spend an excessive amount of time cultivating a spiritual belief, all you are doing is affirming a selective way of thinking. 

Indeed. Just living one’s life, accepting it as it is good bad or neutral and going from there is a good start. IMHO

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 4

On 12/29/2021 at 9:26 PM, Crazy Horse said:

It is one thing to believe something, to have an ideal. But when one practices their wisdom and knowledge, their intuition and ones heart, and may figure-out what works and what doesn't, then one can only become more fulfilled.

And there is no fulfilment as great, as THAT.

Its true that, when heart and mind are working in tandem, a person is complete and content  No guilt, no fear, no anger, no envy, no jealousy or greed;  because you are what you desire to be. Nothing more  and nothing less. 

On 12/27/2021 at 7:37 AM, Manwon Lender said:

Well, if hearing that helped you calm your mind a little concerning that situation glad I could help you, because I was on my own like you and its hard not easy to stop your mind starting thinking the worst. My wife was still in her early 40's when the surgery was done, when she was a teenager she had a Little Motorcycle ( Vespa :D ) and she had a crash. The same thing happed to my her also, she developed osteoarthritis in her hip and the Doctors said it was from the crash she had when she was a teenager!

I have a question for you, why is it taking so long for your poor wife to have the procedure done. It seems like a long time since from my understanding she cant walk?

What are the Doctors doing to help her manage her pain?

I didn't realize your wife was 80s years young like you said above, hopefully it will not have major effect upon her recovery, but honestly I would keep in mind that because of her age it is possible that it may have an effect upon how long her recovery may take. While the Doctors were concerned about my wife's age it was for the opposite reason, it was because she was still in her late late 30s. That's was why the doctor wanted her to tough it out as long as possible, because like I said before, normally the replacement hip components only last around 15 years, at least that's what they told us when her surgery was performed in the 1990s

I suspect that today the components may be made out of newer and better materials and that those materials my last longer, but I am only guessing here. However, I am certain it also depends upon how careful a person is, because if someone isn't careful they could put a lot of wear and tear on those hip those components. As of today my wife's Hip replacement is almost 22 years old, so even while they say the replacements are only good for a certain amount of time, I think that two factors effect that outcome. First how good the Surgeon is, and second how well a person takes care of themselves after the surgery.

My wife's surgery performed at Madigan Army Hospital, and her Doctor was a retired Full Bird Colonel, who was a Flight Trauma Surgeon, so we were very lucky.

Like, I said before my wife is tough, I mean she was in terrible pain waiting to have the surgery done because of age, and she would not take any pain medication. Her surgery was almost 9 hour's long because they had to reconstruct her Pelvis, and then do the Hip replacement at the same time. But, like I said she was up the next day, because her Doctor wanted her moving as soon as she felt like she could. Then we stayed in the hospital for about 4 more days and then she was moved to a physical therapy facility where she stayed about 8 more days and then she was allowed to go home.

So anyway Mr. Walker, my wife and I will send positive energy your way, and please let us know when the surgery is going to take place!:yes:

Take Care Sir!!!!!!:tu:

There is a years waiting list for surgery but its completely free 

It doesn't matter how severe the condition is, the waiting list is gradually worked through.  Covid has slowed things down a little, with some elective surgeries postponed Thanks again for your thoughts They are appreciated 

If i am still around I will let you know when she goes in for surgery   it will mean some time in the capital city, away from home so i may be offline for a while, afterwards. If its successful, this replacement should last out my wife's lifetime.

We know a few people my wife's age who have had this surgery, and done very well. although recovery is slower than for a fit, young, person.   

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

It doesn't matter how severe the condition is, the waiting list is gradually worked through.  Covid has slowed things down a little, with some elective surgeries postponed Thanks again for your thoughts They are appreciated 

If i am still around I will let you know when she goes in for surgery   it will mean some time in the capital city, away from home so i may be offline for a while, afterwards. If its successful, this replacement should last out my wife's lifetime.

We know a few people my wife's age who have had this surgery, and done very well. although recovery is slower than for a fit, young, person.   

Yes age has a great deal to do with recovery from any form of major surgery. So please keep us informed, we will send all the positive energy possible your way. Hopefully she gets bumped up on the list my friend, I certainly sympathize with both of you because I understand how much pain can influence anyone's quality of life. 

Bests wish to you and your wife for this coming New Year, hope the New Year brings you both good Health, safely and happiness.

Peace my friend!!!!!!:tu:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

Hi Walker

All the best in the New Year and hopefully your wife gets attended to in good time so you both have comfort and shared activities 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Walker

All the best in the New Year and hopefully your wife gets attended to in good time so you both have comfort and shared activities 

Thanks jay

She would be happy just to be able to walk without severe pain, but it would also be nice if she was able to get out of the house a bit. She hasn't been out of the house for other than medical appointments, for at least 4 months  Doesn't seem to worry her, but I would like her to have a bit more social contact  She would just like to be able to walk the dogs on the beach. again :) 

• Thanks 4

14 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

Its true that, when heart and mind are working in tandem, a person is complete and content  No guilt, no fear, no anger, no envy, no jealousy or greed;  because you are what you desire to be. Nothing more  and nothing less. 

And what's more Mr Walker, once one has gotten to this place of heart, mind, body, and soul, working from, with, and to, love, then the "outside world" tends to just fall into place with the least amount of effort.

And this is something one may test/know for oneself.

We are one consciousness in GOD, to do anything other than love, is a bit silly..

And hurtful.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

Thanks jay

She would be happy just to be able to walk without severe pain, but it would also be nice if she was able to get out of the house a bit. She hasn't been out of the house for other than medical appointments, for at least 4 months  Doesn't seem to worry her, but I would like her to have a bit more social contact  She would just like to be able to walk the dogs on the beach. again :) 

You are correct in wanting her to get out on many levels it is a good goal. But more than anything the hip is imperative. 

As a caregiver, most of my patients are isolated “at first” spouses and family members are affected by the illness too and it is often overlooked  and some are completely bed ridden, or quadriplegic (only have the use of one arm), just getting “them” outside or to the front door goes along way in helping the primary caregiver and the patient have a sense of hope and something to look forward too. It is so important to have something novel to look forward too. I am pleased to read you get this. 

I hope she gets her new hip soon and all goes well. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Yes age has a great deal to do with recovery from any form of major surgery. So please keep us informed, we will send all the positive energy possible your way. Hopefully she gets bumped up on the list my friend, I certainly sympathize with both of you because I understand how much pain can influence anyone's quality of life. 

Bests wish to you and your wife for this coming New Year, hope the New Year brings you both good Health, safely and happiness.

Peace my friend!!!!!!:tu:

And, understanding one’s pain helps too. It sounds to me like you are so hands on as a husband especially, that you deal with such pain yourself, Craig.  Your wife was/is fortunate to have had you through her hip situation. 

The best support systems and teachers are the ones who have found ways to alleviate or cope with horrendous pain, in fact, for me as a caregiver my own chronic pain and actively listening and caring for those with debilitating pain have been my greatest teachers. There are some days or nights that all we do ( we as in the patient and I )is look for ways to get some kind of pain relief. Even having a proactive approach regardless, even if there isn’t much change in the pain can help the person or just having someone who cares enough to stay by your side can help.  The feedback I get from my work as a caregiver is what goes into my caregiving tool bag. 

You sir are remarkable in my book and I learn from you. Much gratitude. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Sherapy said:

And, understanding one’s pain helps too. It sounds to me like you are so hands on as a husband especially, that you deal with such pain yourself, Craig.  Your wife was/is fortunate to have had you through her hip situation. 

The best support systems and teachers are the ones who have found ways to alleviate or cope with horrendous pain, in fact, for me as a caregiver my own chronic pain and actively listening and caring for those with debilitating pain have been my greatest teachers. There are some days or nights that all we do ( we as in the patient and I )is look for ways to get some kind of pain relief. Even having a proactive approach regardless, even if there isn’t much change in the pain can help the person or just having someone who cares enough to stay by your side can help.  The feedback I get from my work as a caregiver is what goes into my caregiving tool bag. 

You sir are remarkable in my book and I learn from you. Much gratitude. 

Thanks very much and it obvious to me your great at your job, and your patients are so much better for it. I also agree that by having someone by your side can certainly be a blessing, and it can also help a person forget their troubles if only for a little while and that is priceless. I am certain that you bring light into your patients lives just like you do to those of us on the forum that you touch, and that is priceless. Because when someone is ill or in severe pain even a moment’s relief is a blessing!

Happy New Years my Friend!:tu:

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

And what's more Mr Walker, once one has gotten to this place of heart, mind, body, and soul, working from, with, and to, love, then the "outside world" tends to just fall into place with the least amount of effort.

And this is something one may test/know for oneself.

We are one consciousness in GOD, to do anything other than love, is a bit silly..

And hurtful.

Hi Crazy Horse

Just because I don't believe in anyone's god does not mean I do not love them or that my love means less.

• Thanks 2

• The topic was locked