Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Images on Mars

M-Albion

OK, let me try this again with a new focus on politeness if it is OK with the Moderators?

Point taken, we need to be more considerate of the rules, I get it.

So then, a new look at an old image taken from the Pathfinder lander around July of 1997

In anaglph the supposed rock takes on greater detail and defines the foreground to the background.

I do not believe this is nothing more than a large rock, it has considerable detail, more along the lines of a Bear, of sorts, It's NOT alive for sure but only a reasonable facsimile.

You'll need 3D red/cyan glasses to view this correctly.

LGcRhT.jpg

Edited by M-Albion
  • Haha 3

I do have many images which I've landed on and look to share with the forum, if there is an interest that is.

If not, just say so and I'll depart,

Thank you,

Mal

• Confused 1

Ahh for Gods sake, man!! :angry:

P.A.R.E.I.D.O.L.I.A 

Edited by Hazzard
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Come on Hazzard, in the spirit of decent discussion, your comment above is impolite.

I'm just posting curious images of the Martian surface, what the heck is so difficult about that?

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, M-Albion said:

Come on Hazzard, in the spirit of decent discussion, your comment above is impolite.

I'm just posting curious images of the Martian surface, what the heck is so difficult about that?

Yea right!

You are posting pictures from Mars where you believe you see alien creatures and other artifacts that you think is clear evidence of a cover up by the world wide space exploration and scientific community...

The rest of us know you are the victim of Pareidolia.

"Common examples are perceived images of animals, faces, or objects in cloud formations, the Man in the Moon, the Moon rabbit, and other lunar pareidolia. The concept of pareidolia may extend to include hidden messages in recorded music played in reverse or at higher- or lower-than-normal speeds, and hearing indistinct voices in random noise such as that produced by air conditioners or fans."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, SeekTruth said:

I like this guy! He scores 9 out of 10 on my troll scale.

I'm slipping, I used to get 10 out of 10

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, SeekTruth said:

I like this guy! He scores 9 out of 10 on my troll scale.

Which one Hazzard or M-Albion?  :lol:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Hazzard said:

Yea right!

You are posting pictures from Mars where you believe you see alien creatures and other artifacts that you think is clear evidence of a cover up by the world wide space exploration and scientific community...

The rest of us know you are the victim of Pareidolia.

"Common examples are perceived images of animals, faces, or objects in cloud formations, the Man in the Moon, the Moon rabbit, and other lunar pareidolia. The concept of pareidolia may extend to include hidden messages in recorded music played in reverse or at higher- or lower-than-normal speeds, and hearing indistinct voices in random noise such as that produced by air conditioners or fans."

Come on man! less about me and more about the image posted, if you have 3D glasses, you'll do fine.

Also, I have made no statement as to what these anomalies are and believe me my friend, you are the victim here. With respect.

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, jethrofloyd said:

You are a funny guy Jethro!

Wasnt there also one with C3POs head laying in the Marsian sand ... or was that photo from the lunar surface?

I dont think that these "artifacts" would look as convincing if we were able to look at them from other directions, or up close. 

Just one picture, with shadows, can be a tricky thing.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, jethrofloyd said:

And ..... we have a winner, Bigfoot on the Mars! :P

th?id=OIP.afXvEU82TrZHQLFQWnUElAHaDo%26p

Is it one of the knights from monty python and the holy grail ?

Riding his invisible horse.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Hazzard said:

Wasn't there also one with C3POs head laying in the Martian sand ... or was that photo from the lunar surface?

Yes, I found that image, here' ya go.

Tlc1cm.jpg

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Hazzard said:

I dont think that these "artifacts" would look as convincing if we were able to look at them from other directions, or up close. 

Just one picture, with shadows, can be a tricky thing.

Yep, I could not agree more. Perspective can and does show variables.

What really helps, is to view in 3D - it takes the Martian images to a totally new level.

Both ESA and NASA provide the public with stereo images:

https://www.uahirise.org/stereo/

https://www.uahirise.org/anaglyph/

Most all the MRO images are in super high resolution. So, d/l both stereo pairs and clip the region of interest.

Load both grey-scale images of the left and right and this software (it's free and no crap) and presto,  3D image of Mars.

It's called "Stereo Photo Maker". The 3D images can be created in lossless .tiff

Let me know if you're interested, I'll post some advice on the software and will save time trying to figure it out, although it's pretty simple to use.

http://stereo.jpn.org/eng/index.html

Edited by M-Albion
  • Haha 1

•  
  •  
  •  
4 hours ago, seanjo said:

I'm guessing he may have a book to sell...

I believe you hit that nail on the head, this cat reminds me of another like him, comes here once in a while trolling to get attention to try to pimp his ( poorly written. Self published ) book sales, his thing is an alleged  haunted house, and like with this guy no amount of rhyme or reason and presentation of rational logic and facts sways him because there is a lot of huge fragile ego involved and $$$ to be made.

Edited 3 hours ago by the13bats
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, the13bats said:
  •  
  •  
  •  

I believe you hit that nail on the head, this cat reminds me of another like him, comes here once in a while trolling to get attention to try to pimp his ( poorly written. Self published ) book sales, his thing is an alleged  haunted house, and like with this guy no amount of rhyme or reason and presentation of rational logic and facts sways him because there is a lot of huge fragile ego involved and $$$ to be made.

Maybe even a youtube channel.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, the13bats said:
  •  
  •  
  •  

I cant stand the snake oil salesmen, tar and feathers I say! 

This is the last subject who needs more crap in the water.

Edited by Hazzard
  • Like 1

• The topic was locked