Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man Claims Loch Ness Monster

Commander CMG

Cryptids don't get much bigger in size nor in reputation than the Loch Ness Monster, a creature that witnesses have claimed to see for almost a century, though tourist Andrew Brunton claims to have captured an unexplained image that he believes resembles evidence of the famous creature, noting that the explanation could be that "Nessie" has found a new home. Brunton went out to Chanonry Point in Fortrose, Scotland in hopes of capturing images of dolphins, only to end up capturing an image that he couldn't explain. 

Read More: Link 

• Confused 1

Well, its neck seems to have an elbow... and it looks an awful lot like I do when I am doing my (bad) overarm swimming...  In fact it looks EXACTLY like the arm of a a (not very good) swimmer.  Does that guy really need fame that desperately?

From here, with my annotation:
AA_lochnesssilliness.jpg.527ef15b5f342bfd8b6d97afd6e38976.jpg

Seriously?  It's a swimmer.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

Well, its neck seems to have an elbow... and it looks an awful lot like I do when I am doing my (bad) overarm swimming...  In fact it looks EXACTLY like the arm of a a (not very good) swimmer.  Does that guy really need fame that desperately?

From here, with my annotation:
AA_lochnesssilliness.jpg.527ef15b5f342bfd8b6d97afd6e38976.jpg

That was my thoughts exactly.. 

3 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

I disagree.

To me, it looks more like a drowner than a swimmer. ^_^

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

So we have a swimmer, who looks very much like a swimmer, and is doing ordinary swimmer things. 

What's the most logical choice? 

A. A swimmer 

B. Loch Ness Monster 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, jethrofloyd said:

I would never dare to swim in the Loch Ness! :lol:

Me neither,much too cold.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jethrofloyd said:

I would never dare to swim in the Loch Ness! :lol:

Except this wasn't even Loch Ness - it was in the Moray Firth, an inlet of the sea off the east coast of Scotland ....   (and probably a lot warmer than Loch Ness!)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HandsomeGorilla said:

So we have a swimmer, who looks very much like a swimmer, and is doing ordinary swimmer things. 

What's the most logical choice? 

A. A swimmer 

B. Loch Ness Monster 

But, what if the alleged Loch Ness monster actually looks like a ordinary swimmer? :P The Creature From The Black Lagoon looks very much like a swimmer too!

creature-black-lagoon-headshot3.jpg&f=1&

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jethrofloyd said:

But, what if the alleged Loch Ness monster actually looks like a ordinary swimmer? :P The Creature From The Black Lagoon looks very much like a swimmer too!

creature-black-lagoon-headshot3.jpg&f=1&

Could you imagine swimming in a lake, briefly going under water and seeing that face stare at you? :w00t:

2 hours ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Could you imagine swimming in a lake, briefly going under water and seeing that face stare at you? :w00t:

Ive been to several places where they filmed parts of CFTBL, the water is deep, gin clear springs and when you go down about 10 12 ft with a mask and look 360 around you its very creepy, well was to me,

10 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Ive been to several places where they filmed parts of CFTBL, the water is deep, gin clear springs and when you go down about 10 12 ft with a mask and look 360 around you its very creepy, well was to me,

Yea no thank you. :lol:

22 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Yea no thank you. :lol:

Oh, and its cold water, adds to that creepy factor and at places like silver springs fish are rather bold.

I was younger when i did that stuff, exhale big and sink about 15 20 ft down looking up, no i would do that today,

It could be the head and neck of a swimming bird too, maybe a great cormorant which are known from that area.

great-cormorant-phalacrocorax-carbo-swimming-sea-fishing-galicia-spain-171936306.thumb.jpg.6f1fb34fcf876e6b4943c74221b0ae61.jpg

Edited by Carnoferox
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Carnoferox said:

The "creature" in the Mansi photo was most likely a floating piece of driftwood.

https://twitter.com/TetZoo/status/1291853647131926531

Ee2WRDdWoAEtHW0.jpg.d5c20a8e52239376e5d900aa0f355873.jpg

I agree on that. Just saying that the swimmer was also offered as a possibility which is why I stated " sometimes been suggested to be a swimmer. "

If Mansi had ever named here location it would have been useful. Many sightings across the lake at Bulwagga Bay place Champ in shallow water.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, stereologist said:

If Mansi had ever named here location it would have been useful. Many sightings across the lake at Bulwagga Bay place Champ in shallow water.

If you look through that Twitter thread, Dick Raynor managed to relocate where the photo was taken even without Mansi's help. It was in shallow water only about 2 m deep.

https://twitter.com/TetZoo/status/1291855118657359874

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Carnoferox said:

If you look through that Twitter thread, Dick Raynor managed to relocate where the photo was taken even without Mansi's help. It was in shallow water only about 2 m deep.

Interesting.... I went on that today to follow the thread and saw the location.. Thanks for that, really appreciated. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Carnoferox said:

Thanks. I thought it was up in the Alburg area. I know that area a little.  For those that have not been there the pronunciation is AL - burg, not ALL - burg.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mansi was a case that was in my unexplained folder until i got online decades back and tossed her bs in the trash can,

When i look at a case my OCD jumps in, the mansi case fell apart on credibility and integrity, 

All the odd stories about burying,  burning etc the negative, even her kin do not last i saw collaborate her account, her mystic about refusing to give location or direct answers, i believe she saw something in the water she knew, likely a log, snapped a pic and only later seeing it thought hey, ill say thats the lake monster,

Sure its just my speculation but im good sealing this case "HOAX".

• Like 2

I don’t think it’s a swimmer. The wake is too long and linear. If I had to bet ; I’d place money on something being pulled through the water in a staged event.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nobu said:

I don’t think it’s a swimmer. The wake is too long and linear. If I had to bet ; I’d place money on something being pulled through the water in a staged event.

That's a very good point - yes, particularly with a less than stellar swimmer you would expect a wake with a roughly repeating pattern.  Unless they were 'gliding' between strokes, and it seems too long for that.

• Like 2

Theres a lighter line in the picture like perhaps a boat did just pass,

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 9/28/2020 at 3:53 AM, Nobu said:

Nessie dragged a fake human arm to disprove himself so people can leave him/her alone.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1