Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Aroundthecorner

Tut tut Harry

46 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Aroundthecorner

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle faced a backlash today for speaking out about the upcoming U.S. election and 'effectively telling Americans to vote against Trump' despite the British royal family's strict political neutrality.  

The Duke of Sussex told voters to 'reject hate speech, misinformation and online negativity' while the Duchess called the presidential race the 'most important election of our lifetime' as the couple urged Americans to use their right to vote.  

Speaking in a Time 100 video message, apparently filmed from the couple's California home, Harry admitted he was not eligible to vote in the November 3 election - adding that he had never voted in the UK either where convention dictates that royals should keep well clear of politics.  

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8762603/Meghan-Markle-labels-November-vote-important-lifetime.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Arbenol

Strictly speaking, he's no longer a 'royal'. Just a common Duke.

I guess he say what he likes.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton

1. He's no longer a Senior Royal. He can say what he likes.

2. If  you take encouraging people to vote and to 'reject hate speech, misinformation and online negativity' as opposition to your preferred candidate, the problem lies with your candidate.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cookie Monster
1 hour ago, Setton said:

1. He's no longer a Senior Royal. He can say what Megan likes.

2. If you take encouraging people to vote and to 'reject hate speech, misinformation and online negativity' as opposition to your preferred candidate, the problem lies with your candidate.

The second part is like the pot calling the kettle black.

LMAO

Edited by Cookie Monster
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
33 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

The second part is like the pot calling the kettle black.

LMAO

What hate speech, misinformation and online negativity has Harry been spreading?

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cookie Monster
4 minutes ago, Setton said:

What hate speech, misinformation and online negativity has Harry been spreading?

I wasn`t aware Harry was a candidate.

You might want to check what you are talking about, you seem to be having a Biden moment LMAO.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cookie Monster

You know in some ways I have admiration for @Setton

He has been here a number of years and posted in 1000s of topics. I haven`t seen him win a debate yet on anything, but he sure does try lol.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
skliss

Piers Morgans column was interesting, he thinks they should be stripped of their titles.  I get that the RF has a very strict neutrality policy because the implications of him being in line for the throne and taking a political side can cause problems for them. There are reasons the Queen never expresses political opinions even though I'm sure she has them. 

I did like the comments section...people saying it's amazing how her mouth never moves while her voice comes out of his mouth....heh

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
33 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

I wasn`t aware Harry was a candidate.

You might want to check what you are talking about, you seem to be having a Biden moment LMAO.

Nobody mentioned Biden. Hell, nobody even mentioned Trump.

All anyone has said is that people should reject hate speech, misinformation and online negativity.

If Trump supporters see that as an attack on Trump, then the problem is with them and their chosen candidate, not the one making the statement.

Harry could just as easily been talking about Biden. But for some reason the Trump supporters immediately go to the defensive. Guilty conscience perhaps?

Edited by Setton
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
33 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

You know in some ways I have admiration for @Setton

He has been here a number of years and posted in 1000s of topics. I haven`t seen him win a debate yet on anything, but he sure does try lol.

That's because you're incapable of engaging in any legitimate debate.

Could be through trolling, could be lack of ability.

And of course, the fact that you and others like you just run away when you realise you're losing.

Edited by Setton
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
skliss

Markle is a well know and vocal Trump hater....why would people think anything else?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
1 minute ago, skliss said:

Markle is a well know and vocal Trump hater....why would people think anything else?

Oh, do you have to take on your spouse's opinions when you get married?

What an outdated attitude...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
skliss
Just now, Setton said:

Oh, do you have to take on your spouse's opinions when you get married?

What an outdated attitude...

I think anyone with open eyes can see her influence on this guy...I mean....Come on maaaannnn..... 

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
4 minutes ago, skliss said:

I think anyone with open eyes can see her influence on this guy...I mean....Come on maaaannnn..... 

Again returning to my first point - he's entitled to say whatever he likes.

Even the queen has made very similar statements in the past. If you think it's directed at you, maybe you should look at why that is. 

Or just ignore him if you'd rather. Might as well have a news article on what I've said about your election.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
skliss
12 minutes ago, Setton said:

Again returning to my first point - he's entitled to say whatever he likes.

Even the queen has made very similar statements in the past. If you think it's directed at you, maybe you should look at why that is. 

Or just ignore him if you'd rather. Might as well have a news article on what I've said about your election.

When has the Queen said something similar? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
15 minutes ago, skliss said:

When has the Queen said something similar? 

Christmas speech 2018.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
2 hours ago, Setton said:

All anyone has said is that people should reject hate speech, misinformation and online negativity.

So the democrats then.  Thanks for clearing that up :clap:

Quote

Harry could just as easily been talking about Biden. But for some reason the Trump supporters immediately go to the defensive. Guilty conscience perhaps?

I missed that.  Where does anyone mention trump but you?  

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
15 minutes ago, OverSword said:

So the democrats then.  Thanks for clearing that up :clap:

Could be. That's exactly my point.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
glorybebe
3 hours ago, Setton said:

What hate speech, misinformation and online negativity has Harry been spreading?

Have you read much about what Harry has accused his family of?  His poor me, I want all the attention, why can't I be as important as Will? He has totally trashed his family, been opinionated,  Meghan's opinion, and throwing out tantrums.  I would say that is negativity

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
6 hours ago, Aroundthecorner said:

 

The Duke of Sussex told voters to 'reject hate speech, misinformation and online negativity' while the Duchess called the presidential race the 'most important election of our lifetime' as the couple urged Americans to use their right to vote.  

 

they are correct 100% that is exactly why i ignore democrats and liberals, and will vote conservatives every time, trump or anyone else who opposes liberalism has my vote

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
glorybebe
6 hours ago, Aroundthecorner said:

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle faced a backlash today for speaking out about the upcoming U.S. election and 'effectively telling Americans to vote against Trump' despite the British royal family's strict political neutrality.  

The Duke of Sussex told voters to 'reject hate speech, misinformation and online negativity' while the Duchess called the presidential race the 'most important election of our lifetime' as the couple urged Americans to use their right to vote.  

Speaking in a Time 100 video message, apparently filmed from the couple's California home, Harry admitted he was not eligible to vote in the November 3 election - adding that he had never voted in the UK either where convention dictates that royals should keep well clear of politics.  

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8762603/Meghan-Markle-labels-November-vote-important-lifetime.html

Too bad Harry didn't practice what he preaches.  A total hypocrite 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
quillius
3 hours ago, Setton said:

Nobody mentioned Biden. Hell, nobody even mentioned Trump.

All anyone has said is that people should reject hate speech, misinformation and online negativity.

If Trump supporters see that as an attack on Trump, then the problem is with them and their chosen candidate, not the one making the statement.

Harry could just as easily been talking about Biden. But for some reason the Trump supporters immediately go to the defensive. Guilty conscience perhaps?

well the OP did state:

 

Quote

'effectively telling Americans to vote against Trump' 

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor
3 hours ago, skliss said:

Markle is a well know and vocal Trump hater....why would people think anything else?

Well take Kellyanne Conway and her husband.  One is a Trump lapdog while the other works with the Lincoln Project (Anti-Trump Republicans). 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
1 hour ago, quillius said:

well the OP did state:

 

 

The source quoted in the OP made that interpretation.

No poster had though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
glorybebe
1 hour ago, Setton said:

The source quoted in the OP made that interpretation.

No poster had though.

In other news articles it has been stated she hates Trump.  Originally when they left England she stated she wasn't going to live in the US as long as Trump was president.  They changed their mind when Canadians signed a petition to not pay for their security. 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.