Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Presidential Debates

the13bats

On September 25, 2020 at 11:02 AM, OverSword said:

I do not love the guy but here is the key I think.  Trump is used to speaking on the fly and under pressure, biden is like the debate equivalent of starting Brett Favre tomorrow after years of retirement and no training camp.  I believe trump will handle him.  I don't believe that the debates will decide much though as I'm pretty sure most of America knows that they will vote for or against trump at this point.  Hardly anyone is voting for biden though.  He is just the lesser of two evils for most that vote for him.  He's far from inspirational. 

I think that's exactly right ^.   I've seen a lot of elections go by...and this one is a bit different, in that, there are a substantial number of republicans that just cannot bring themselves to vote for trump.     For one reason or another.   I think That is what is going to defeat him.     I hope so anyway...because if they kill my Medicare Advantage Plan...I will most likely be doomed.  I wish his royal majesty would reveal the details of his plan which will be BETTER !   :rolleyes:

OH,  the debates ?   I can't tell. .i'm almost afraid to watch.    If Biden keeps cool...trump may self destruct.   

Edited by lightly
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Well, its less than 24 hours to go. I am VERY much looking forwards to this. 

I still suspect that Joe Biden will somehow duck out of the event, though I must admit I can't see how he could possibly do that at this late stage without looking like a complete washout in front of his voter base, and practically handing the election to President Trump. 

On the other hand, I can't see how Joe Biden could POSSIBLY survive the event. I'm basing this on his recent media 'appearances'. He's only done very lightweight stuff: scripted statements, or pre-arranged "soft" questions from (seemingly) compliant 'journalists'. Even then, he's managed a few bloopers. How he will cope with even mildly aggressive questions from a neutral (?) moderator, and having his response compared to President Trumps.... well.... I really can't see him prevailing ? 

In point of fact, I think the President will eviscerate him. 

< gets popcorn out >

Lol, you paraphased many things ive posted ad naeusem, but here this works better,

popcorn.gif.74e8578e8fb3834bf80c49b977138a06.gif

However both guys know that if they punk out on debates it will basically cost them the election , trump has made it clear hes deeply scared and rightly so, hes terrible at on the fly, babbles makes up words mispronounces words side steps direct questions he doesnt like so poorly it just make him look more ridiculous.

Trumps go to like calling a reporter names or waddling offstage in a huffy tantram wont float at the debates he will just look like a bigger incompatant baffoon,

My spectutive guess trump will get flustered quickly because hes clueless about most topics and will know he looks silly so he will just go ad hominem on slowly joey who will keep firing back with facts not insults.

Trumps mouth is one of his biggest enemies.

Adding: if anyone doesnt show it will be trump because hes scared, but it will take more than bone spurs to get off this hook.

popcorn.gif.74e8578e8fb3834bf80c49b977138a06.gif

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lightly said:

Hardly anyone is voting for biden though

Attach6588_20170225_180142.gif.de02323d0e2b76c70175bf331179ed7e.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lightly said:

I wish his royal majesty would reveal the details of his plan which will be BETTER !  

A couple of executive orders dashed out one afternoon.  Not much of a health plan.  Sorry lightly.  Many of us are going to suffer when affordable insurance goes away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

Attach6588_20170225_180142.gif.de02323d0e2b76c70175bf331179ed7e.gif

"Hardly anyone is voting for Biden though".  .....was something Tatetopa said,  not me... but he meant  it like...Many of the Biden votes are not so much votes For Biden...as votes Against Trump.  

Because,  Biden is not the most charismatic and exiting candidate in history.    But I hope he dazzles us at the debate Tuesday night!    

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lightly said:

"Hardly anyone is voting for Biden though".  .....was something Tatetopa said,  not me... but he meant  it like...Many of the Biden votes are not so much votes For Biden...as votes Against Trump.  

Because,  Biden is not the most charismatic and exiting candidate in history.    But I hope he dazzles us at the debate Tuesday night!    

I knew who said it and how he meant it, but my laughing monkey is that very, very few are voting biden or against trump, trump is worshipped by all, his biggest landslide in residential history will show this.

The debates will be tragic, trump will spank buden so badly that slowy joey might just walk off debate stage tail tucked in the first 5 mins,

No chance for biden 4 more of trump them if trump wants he wont step down after this next 4 its okay to do that hes trump.

1 minute ago, the13bats said:

I knew who said it and how he meant it, but my laughing monkey is that very, very few are voting biden or against trump, trump is worshipped by all, his biggest landslide in residential history will show this.

The debates will be tragic, trump will spank buden so badly that slowy joey might just walk off debate stage tail tucked in the first 5 mins,

No chance for biden 4 more of trump them if trump wants he wont step down after this next 4 its okay to do that hes trump.

Ah, ok , sorry...I misunderstood.     Trump is worshipped by ALL ?!    Are you being serious?     I tend to take things very literally.

• Confused 1

I wouldn't trust Chris Wallace to be fair with Trump, if that's what people are hoping. Chris Wallace is not like Tucker Carlson, Laura Ingraham, or Shawn Hannity. And something tells me Trump will be doing a lot of deflecting with uncomfortable questions asked by Chris Wallace.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Katniss said:

I wouldn't trust Chris Wallace to be fair with Trump, if that's what people are hoping. Chris Wallace is not like Tucker Carlson, Laura Ingraham, or Shawn Hannity. And something tells me Trump will be doing a lot of deflecting with uncomfortable questions asked by Chris Wallace.

I wondered, so in other words Wallace might just be fair to biden unlike tucker, laura or shawn would have been.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, the13bats said:

I wondered, so in other words Wallace might just be fair to biden unlike tucker, laura or shawn would have been.

Well if you ever watched Chris Wallace interview Trump in the past, Wallace really tried to pin down Trump with a lot of uncomfortable questions. It was like Wallace was working for CNN instead and a lot of Trump supporters weren't happy with the way Wallace interviewed Trump during those times. And on top of that, A lot of CNN hosts were praising Wallace about it.

But I also don't think Chris Wallace will cut Biden too much slack either, but Biden will probably handle Chris Wallace's uncomfortable questions better. But Trump has got so much more baggage that I think Chris Wallace is going to want to pin Trump down on.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Katniss said:

Well if you ever watched Chris Wallace interview Trump in the past, Wallace really tried to pin down Trump with a lot of uncomfortable questions. It was like Wallace was working for CNN instead and a lot of Trump supporters weren't happy with the way Wallace interviewed Trump during those times. And on top of that, A lot of CNN hosts were praising Wallace about it.

But I also don't think Chris Wallace will cut Biden too much slack either, but Biden will probably handle Chris Wallace's uncomfortable questions better. But Trump has got so much more baggage that I think Chris Wallace is going to want to pin Trump down on.

I dont want either cut "slack", but both treated "fair"

Hopefully trump wont go ad hominem and off topic insults.

Edited by the13bats
fixed
  • Like 2

Just now, the13bats said:

Hopefully trump wont go ad hominem and off topic insults.

Now that would be unprecedented if he didn't. :D

• Like 3

18 hours ago, lightly said:

I think that's exactly right ^.   I've seen a lot of elections go by...and this one is a bit different, in that, there are a substantial number of republicans that just cannot bring themselves to vote for trump.     For one reason or another.   I think That is what is going to defeat him.     I hope so anyway...because if they kill my Medicare Advantage Plan...I will most likely be doomed.  I wish his royal majesty would reveal the details of his plan which will be BETTER !   :rolleyes:

OH,  the debates ?   I can't tell. .i'm almost afraid to watch.    If Biden keeps cool...trump may self destruct.   

Really?? Because you can go on YouTube and see a ton of videos of democrats that say they will vote trump and are disgusted with the antics of their party.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

When it comes to my neighborhoods signage it's running 3 to 2 right now. 3 biden Biden yards and 2 Trump yards. Thought one of the Trump yards is a Trump flag so maybe that counts as bonus points haha :lol:

(I have no signs or flags in my yard myself)

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

When it comes to my neighborhoods signage it's running 3 to 2 right now. 3 biden Biden yards and 2 Trump yards. Thought one of the Trump yards is a Trump flag so maybe that counts as bonus points haha :lol:

Me neither.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, OverSword said:

Really?? Because you can go on YouTube and see a ton of videos of democrats that say they will vote trump and are disgusted with the antics of their party.

Well, I can easily believe that.   I've only personally heard of the opposite, among friends, relatives, acquaintances and other people in this area,  I don't remember that happening, so noticeably, in any past election .  I also don't remember so many high ups in government and the military (republicans) who say they will not vote for trump..  Including many who tried to work with the man..and couldn't !    I think i heard that G.W.Bush won't be voting for him ?     

I don't use YouTube...because it would use too much of my skinny data diet.   

• Like 2

Just an interesting note.  I have a friend in Cleveland and they tell me that military aircraft have been coming into (probably) Cleveland/Hopkins airport.  My friend lives nearby.  From their description, they might be 130s??  Must be the advance team bringing in the beast for the ride to Case Western?  That’s about 10 miles away.  If that route is not secure, they could preposition the beast at a closer airport and use Marine One to ferry him there.  And from there, there are several possible routes.  The nearby airport is about 3 miles out.  Trump could offer Biden a ride. :)

5 hours ago, OverSword said:

:oYou know something, now that you mention that...I'm getting similar youtube suggestions in my YT account, only it's nothing but Republicans saying they won't vote for Trump. Saying things like - they voted for Trump in 2016, but now they won't this time. Listing off all the things he did wrong as to why they won't be voting for Trump and some saying they will vote for Biden instead.

I wonder if in those clips it's Republicans acting as Democrats and Democrats act as Republicans trying to influence the public with anti-Trump and anti-Biden political propaganda?

I think youtube is profiling my account as to what I watch and only suggestion Democrat political stuff to me, because I rarely see a recorded Fox news clip. It's mostly CNN, CBSN, NBC, and USA Today clips.

• Thanks 1

I think anyone saying Trump leaves press conferences in a huff, doesn't answer questions, doesn't have facts and statistics, etc hasn't actually watched the conferences.  I see headlines that say so, but when you watch the actual conferences...it just isn't happening.  Does he refute their lies and accusations...of course he does..so would you.

What's funny is the same things were said before he debated Hillary and even though nothing like that happened,  they are saying it again. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, Katniss said:

Absolutely, he will.  Fox News is not the same operation that it was when Murdoch and Ailes conceived it.  It's being turned into another sham, Left leaning entity like the rest because Lachlan and James are running things now.  That's okay.  A new entity will emerge and take the place they are vacating.  It takes a LOT of hate or stupid to destroy a billion dollar enterprise by choice.

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, and then said:

Absolutely, he will.  Fox News is not the same operation that it was when Murdoch and Ailes conceived it.  It's being turned into another sham, Left leaning entity like the rest because Lachlan and James are running things now.  That's okay.  A new entity will emerge and take the place they are vacating.  It takes a LOT of hate or stupid to destroy a billion dollar enterprise by choice.

All I've seen Chris Wallace do when interviewing trump is calling him out(sometimes not nearly strongly enough) and attempting to point out when he's lying. Are you saying these are attributes of the left? 

6 hours ago, OverSword said:

I actually agree with you, a lot of "people" some "dens" some "rep"  flipping parties because they are disgusted with their "party"

In this case some dems are voting rep because they are over dem games not because they hate biden and like trump,

But ive and i will say sadly seen folks some on this forum say they dont like biden but are so over trump ( not the rep party but trump ) that they will vote dem not because they like biden or dems but because they hate trump or rather what he has and hasnt done in his 4,

I feel bad the damage trump has and is still doing to the gop many rep feel the same and grit their teeth and vote dem this time,

In the end it sucks that American people have only the choices of trump or biden to pick from.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

Around here ( country-ish central florida ) its mostly trump, yard signs, flags, etc i guess about 3 or 4 to 1 for trump, and down the street one "Jesus 2020" sign.

Last weekend a street corner mini trump support rally about 20 people signs "honk for trump" but not really anyone honking which was very odd, and no, i have no signs out, it would clash with my jack o lantern.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1