Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Presidential Debates

the13bats

2 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

They won't, which is why every sane person should ask that question repeatedly. 

Why is a treatment that comes from fetal cells acceptable for Trump, who is supposedly pro-life? 

Which option is worse - that he's such a gigantic hypocrite, or that he can't understand fetal cells don't grow in trees? 

He doesnt care about anything or anyone except himself,

I would like to see any of his worshippers try to bluster and bray some lame excuse reasoning for why it was different and okay for mr pro life to get a treatment that comes from fetal cells

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

47 minutes ago, the13bats said:

why it was different and okay for mr pro life to get a treatment that comes from fetal cells

That claim has been debunked:

Did Regeneron use aborted fetal cells to make the monoclonal antibodies that Trump received?  

“No. Although the monoclonal antibodies infused into Trump were not made from or in fetal cells, Regeneron did develop that treatment with the help of a long-lived line of cells established from the kidneys of a fetus electively aborted in the Netherlands around 1972. The company relied on those widely used cells, known HEK-293 cells, to make mimics of the coronavirus spike protein. Researchers used these proteins to test the potency of antibodies found in COVID-19 patients or made in mice with a humanlike immune system (see initial question). The antibodies selected for the company’s cocktail, however, were then mass produced in nonfetal cells. The creation of the humanized mice also did not rely on HEK-293 cells or other cells from aborted fetuses or human embryos. Regeneron scientists detail their methods in the supplementary material to this paper published in Science in August.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/10/heres-what-known-about-president-donald-trump-s-covid-19-treatment

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, simplybill said:

That claim has been debunked:

Did Regeneron use aborted fetal cells to make the monoclonal antibodies that Trump received?  

“No. Although the monoclonal antibodies infused into Trump were not made from or in fetal cells, Regeneron did develop that treatment with the help of a long-lived line of cells established from the kidneys of a fetus electively aborted in the Netherlands around 1972. The company relied on those widely used cells, known HEK-293 cells, to make mimics of the coronavirus spike protein. Researchers used these proteins to test the potency of antibodies found in COVID-19 patients or made in mice with a humanlike immune system (see initial question). The antibodies selected for the company’s cocktail, however, were then mass produced in nonfetal cells. The creation of the humanized mice also did not rely on HEK-293 cells or other cells from aborted fetuses or human embryos. Regeneron scientists detail their methods in the supplementary material to this paper published in Science in August.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/10/heres-what-known-about-president-donald-trump-s-covid-19-treatment

As you say the treatment was dependent on research from a "fetus electively aborted"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RAyMO said:

As you say the treatment was dependent on research from a "fetus electively aborted"

From the Science article:

“The antibodies selected for the company’s cocktail, however, were then mass produced in nonfetal cells. The creation of the humanized mice also did not rely on HEK-293 cells or other cells from aborted fetuses or human embryos.“

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, simplybill said:

“The antibodies selected for the company’s cocktail, however, were then mass produced in nonfetal cells. The creation of the humanized mice also did not rely on HEK-293 cells or other cells from aborted fetuses or human embryos.“

based on the original fetus based research. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

based on the original fetus based research. 

The antibodies selected for the company’s cocktail, however, were then mass produced in non-fetal cells.” 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, simplybill said:

The antibodies selected for the company’s cocktail, however, were then mass produced in non-fetal cells.” 

no matter how many times you rephrase it - your post quite clearly states that the original research from which all else evolved was based on an aborted fetus. here's the key sentence from your post:

"Regeneron did develop that treatment with the help of a long-lived line of cells established from the kidneys of a fetus electively aborted in the Netherlands around 1972"

Edited by RAyMO
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

no matter how many times you rephrase it 

I quoted directly from the Science article. I didn’t rephrase anything from the article.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Interesting how if you point out that the phrasing with Trump is important (Re: Detergent Injection) they dont care, but when there's a 50 year old gotcha, the phrasing is real important.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DieChecker said:

Interesting how if you point out that the phrasing with Trump is important (Re: Detergent Injection) they dont care

Consider what he is talking about here. Injecting disinfectant internally somehow to cure a respiratory illness. Love him or hate him (as he doesn't seem to inspire much in between) but any way you phrase that it can only ever sound like it emanated from a simpleton.

Unless he really was being sarcastic as he later claimed, if so he should forget the sarcasm or find a way to make it more obvious. 

Edited by Horta
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Last post then im crashing out, sun gonna be up soon.

I guess we get a debate tonight and it should be a hoot, those who can please do vote for who you like or hate less,

Lets hope with whoever is elected it can be a step closer to getting past 2020 hellapalooza year, 

Take care of yourselves and each other,

Bats,  last survivor of the nostromo signing off.....

• Like 1

Betting odds for tonight's debate.  Some of the bets are hilarious.

debate.png

debate2.png

Edited by TigerBright19

On 10/11/2020 at 5:56 AM, simplybill said:

Regeneron did develop that treatment with the help of a long-lived line of cells established from the kidneys of a fetus electively aborted in the Netherlands around 1972.

Thanks for proving my point trumps treatment involved fetal cells.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

Thanks for proving my point trumps treatment involved fetal cells.

The medication given to President Trump contained no fetal cells.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, simplybill said:

but without their use his medication may not have existed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

but without their use his medication may not have existed. 

A statement from David Prentice, Ph.D., and Tara Sander Lee, Ph.D., of the Charlotte Lozier Institute:

“Uninformed commentary has emerged this morning stating that President Trump has received a medication created with the use of human embryonic stem cells.  CLI has reviewed the published information and our conclusion is straightforward: The president was not given any medicines to treat COVID-19 that involved the destruction of human life.  No human embryonic stem cells or human fetal tissue were used to produce the treatments President Trump received.

https://lozierinstitute.org/cli-responds-to-misinformation-regarding-president-trumps-covid-19-treatment/

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just watched about 20 minutes of the so called Debate.  Couldn't hang for anymore...I just wanted to b****slap the moderator.  

Why do they call it a debate anyway?

That's not a debate.  It is a Media generated  spectacle where  The Media can demonize the person they don't like and soft ball the one they do.

It's never worked.  Reagan won...Bush won...Bush won and won again...Trump won and will when again.  Landslide because when it comes down to actual voting there are more people..in the States that actually count... who like Trump and distrust Biden.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, joc said:

Just watched about 20 minutes of the so called Debate.  Couldn't hang for anymore...I just wanted to b****slap the moderator.  

Why do they call it a debate anyway?

That's not a debate.  It is a Media generated  spectacle where  The Media can demonize the person they don't like and soft ball the one they do.

It's never worked.  Reagan won...Bush won...Bush won and won again...Trump won and will when again.  Landslide because when it comes down to actual voting there are more people..in the States that actually count... who like Trump and distrust Biden.

I just heard Biden giving his closing pitch.  He said the election was about "character".  No... really, he DID :w00t:

These people exist in a plane separated from our reality.  They actually seem to think Americans are all as childish as their supporters.  

Bobulinski was in the audience and the body blow revelations about Hunter's dealings continue to strike Biden's campaign.  The pathetic, weak cover story about emails from Hunter and to Hunter being a Russo-psy-op isn't just ridiculous, it's lazy and boring.  

Those emails are being confirmed by parties that they were sent to.  His campaign doesn't deny the laptop belonged to Hunter.  So, can someone explain how H Biden's laptop records of his business dealings from several years ago were Russian-produced in any way?  I'm seriously willing to listen to that explanation.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Decent debate - Trump did very well for him.

Major difference trump had little to say on policies - instead focusing on soundbites for his core - More on policies from Biden and more attempt to reach across the divide. 

Attempts by Trump to gain traction on Hunter emails failed. 

He was more successful when attacking Biden for not doing things when in power, he had that won until he pressed once too often on the theme and Biden responded "Republican congress". This visually knocked Trump for a second or two. 

The Debate won't have changed the needle though. Good for Biden

Quote of the night

‘I know more about wind than you do.' Trump. 

Edited by RAyMO
  • Like 6

14 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

Decent debate - Trump did very well for him.

Major difference trump had little to say on policies - instead focusing on soundbites for his core - More on policies from Biden and more attempt to reach across the divide. 

Attempts by Trump to gain traction on Hunter emails failed. 

He was more successful when attacking Biden for not doing things when in power, he had that won until he pressed once too often on the theme and Biden responded "Republican congress". This visually knocked Trump for a second or two. 

The Debate won't have changed the needle though. Good for Biden

Quote of the night

‘I know more about wind than you do.' Trump. 

Actually I think Trump did much better than the last debate, I can't say who was the winner but it was much more controlled than the last one. Trump got traction from his attacks on Bidens past performance, but Biden maintained his cool and fought back. Not much more can be said about this debate, there were no major surprises on either side. Trumps comment about knowing more about wind was very funny.:P

• Like 3

I watched about a third before work. Saw Biden telling some whoppers about immigration and healthcare. 

He said No One lost their insurance due to the ACA, but I personally know two people what had to change, and pay a lot more, due to ACA requirements.

And then regarding 500 children who have not been able to return to their guardians... Biden said that them coming to the US with no parents with coyotes was completely wrong. Every one came with a parent. That goes completely against what the Border Patrol has said for over 6 years. That lots of unchaperoned children were coming across. 

Trump did some Ranting, i give that. But Biden just was telling out and out lies.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I feel Trump got in some telling blows with, "Who made the cages, Joe?", and "He created the Superpredators legislation.".

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, simplybill said:

It was devolved using fetal cells the company who made it said so, argue with them.

And the debates what a drying paint grass growing borefest, buden barely won it trump missed several great opportunities, in the end neither lost or gained for that, both guys seemed tired, trump more so,  give them juice box send them to bed.

15 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

I watched about a third before work. Saw Biden telling some whoppers about immigration and healthcare. 

He said No One lost their insurance due to the ACA, but I personally know two people what had to change, and pay a lot more, due to ACA requirements.

And then regarding 500 children who have not been able to return to their guardians... Biden said that them coming to the US with no parents with coyotes was completely wrong. Every one came with a parent. That goes completely against what the Border Patrol has said for over 6 years. That lots of unchaperoned children were coming across. 

Trump did some Ranting, i give that. But Biden just was telling out and out lies.

Trump not biden said coyotes brought the kids in, i guess the version you watched was on faux

Trump told more lies, pull up fact checked.

• Like 2