Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Presidential Debates

the13bats

I caught the first 10 minutes then had to leave.  I was hoping for the zinger to Pence.

"You are head of the Covid Task Force.  You were supposed to protect the country.  You couldn't even keep your boss the President, his wife, Pentagon Generals, and other vital personnel in the White House from catching covid.  How do you call that a success and how does that protect the country?" 

• Thanks 4

It's in each and everyone of you to take a risk and create wealth.

Create a better world 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, acidhead said:

It's in each and everyone of you to take a risk and create wealth.

Create a better world 

Or, of you actually want a better world, measure your life by something worth more than money.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, acidhead said:

Mike Pence was great. Harris not so much. 

I watched it.. found Pence insipid to be honest.. lacking pretty much in every way..

As for Harris.. it was like watching someone who has rehearsed everything she wanted to say in front of a mirror before she came on.. 

Both were playing duck and weave.. I found the Trump Biden debate much more interesting.. 

the VP debate.. paint drying would be more interesting..

the only thing interesting during the debate was Pence's flying mate.. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

as for the news guys who are running the debates.. personally these guys are bloody useless..

you need someone like Leigh Sales from the Aussie ABC to host :D

she pulls no punches no matter what political party your from.. 

• Like 3

I saw some of it last night (it was in the middle of the night here in the UK...)

I thought Pence was strong, clear and calm as he made his case and counteracted points.... I can see why Trump chose him as his VP..

I was very interested to see how Harris did as she is in line to be President if Biden wins and then steps down... 

I wasn't impressed... I didn't feel she was authentic and that she was acting out a part - of course she was going to be nervous on such a big occasion - but even taking that into account her 'performance' wasn't very good...

Although she has in theory been 'picked by Biden' to be his running mate she was rejected by the Democrat Grass Roots in the primaries - so she must have, in reality. been picked by the DNC / Deep State / Swamp .... as she seems like she will fit in with the globalist agenda they are pushing...

IMO Biden and Harris are the Trojan Horse for Globalism, Authoritarianism and Communism...

• Like 4

6 hours ago, skliss said:

I'm sorry, I know this is petty but her voice is like nails on a chalkboard....she sounds like she's going to start weeping any moment.

after seeing your post about her voice I took special notice of it and I think she might have a bit of a problem with her adenoids... ???

that's what I thought while I was listening to her anyway....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, acidhead said:

Mike Pence was great. Harris not so much. 

Indeed.  His big win for the night was hosting the real star of the debate for two minutes.  Other than that, neither was great.  @DingoLingo had it, it was rehearsed talking points, not answers to the questions asked or a real debate. It could have been two pre-taped infomercials shuffled together.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, bee said:

I saw some of it last night (it was in the middle of the night here in the UK...)

I thought Pence was strong, clear and calm as he made his case and counteracted points.... I can see why Trump chose him as his VP..

I was very interested to see how Harris did as she is in line to be President if Biden wins and then steps down... 

I wasn't impressed... I didn't feel she was authentic and that she was acting out a part - of course she was going to be nervous on such a big occasion - but even taking that into account her 'performance' wasn't very good...

Well there's a shock. The Trump fanatic likes the Trump lapdog and doesn't like the opposition :rolleyes:

You've not actually watched a moment of it have you?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Setton said:

Or, of you actually want a better world, measure your life by something worth more than money.

And let the government pay for what you cant afford......

• Like 1

Watched a guy who does focus groups for things like debates. He had all swing state, undecided voters. Initial findings (as of last night) were that they overwhelmingly didn't like Harris. They thought she was smirky and condescending.

• Like 1

One other thing...again, petty in nature....

What's up with the horrible pant suits? Hillary, Warren and now Harris. I'm not a Pelosi fan by any stretch of the imagination, but she needs to give these ladies some tips. Leaving out the excessive use of botox of course. 

• Like 3

Harris showed the qualifications that got her the job.

She's black and she's a woman.   

Not a bad thing except I really didn't like that Biden announced that his running mate had to be a black woman.   Why wouldn't he just choose a black woman instead of announcing it?   Kind of took a bit of Harris's thunder away.  

• Like 2

I watched about seven minutes of the debate. My impression of Kamala Harris is that she needs to drop the sparkly-smiley persona and let her natural gravitas shine a bit more. Harris scored a major point when the moderator told her that her time was up, and Harris dropped the smile and replied, “He interrupted me” and finished making her point. Showing that kind of grit would win her a lot more favor than the Homecoming Queen behavior.

VP Pence scored major points just by being himself - thoughtful, measured, and statesmanlike. 

One of those two could be our next President, due to the age and cognitive concerns of the Presidential candidates. Choosing between Harris and Pence, I prefer the Statesman persona of Pence to represent the US on the global stage.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DieChecker said:

And let the government pay for what you cant afford......

If the government is paying for things I can't afford, they're a lot more generous than I  realised.

1 hour ago, skliss said:

One other thing...again, petty in nature....

What's up with the horrible pant suits? Hillary, Warren and now Harris. I'm not a Pelosi fan by any stretch of the imagination, but she needs to give these ladies some tips. Leaving out the excessive use of botox of course. 

Yet you have no comments on the three men turning up in suits..?

Curious.

• Like 3

An unremarkable debate - only things that people seem to comment on were 

1 it was unremarkable

2 there was a fly

3 pence had red eye. 

Biden's team will take this - all they are hoping for now is no slip ups. 

Trump refusing to take part in a virtual debate is perfect for them. 

• Like 2

Seems most people here think Pence was the winner of the debate...yet all the news "reporters" are saying that the poles are "overwhelming" in favor the Harris. I didn't think either one of them answered the questions, they were more interested in getting in their talking points. And why is it the Dems are acting as if the president was "hiding" the awful facts of covid. WHAT??!! You'd have to have been a moron not to know it was coming and was going to be bad. Does Harris actually think that people's panicked buying of toilet paper was somehow Trump's fault? Don't like Trump, and the Dems are too 1984 for me. May sit this one out.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, clare256 said:

Seems most people here think Pence was the winner of the debate

opinions are baked in me thinks - don't think it really mattered who did well or not, each set of supporters (particularly on here:ph34r:) were always going to favour their own team. 

Edited by RAyMO
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Setton said:

Yet you have no comments on the three men turning up in suits..?

Curious.

If they had shown up in dresses I would have commented.

It's not the idea of a suit, it's the suits themselves that are dull. Pelosi knows how to dress as a powerful woman and still show some style. 

2 hours ago, RAyMO said:

Trump refusing to take part in a virtual debate is perfect for them. 

Yeah, :rolleyes:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/08/politics/kamala-harris-mike-pence-trump-debate/index.html

Very seldom do i defend trump, afterall hes an arrogant incompatant bumbling baffoon,

But i will have to admit hes very savvy and correct on being a whiney cry baby about not doing a virtual debate, i could see before the first one he was scared of biden and rightly so.

Trump was an utter disaster in the first debate handing it to slowy joey the fallout of dons epic fail has cost him lots of support and he did more to help joe than joe ever could have done himself.

A virtual debate will be totally stacked against don, we know his go to during any type of questions is to furor up like his ex lax isnt working, call the person asking the question nasty and if hes been made to look really bad he will waddle off stage in a grumbling huff,  that wouldnt float at debates.

So he went to his other go to, if the question makes him look bad, ( most do ) then get all red faced, loud bellowing braying overbearing and bullying, talk over anyone and everyone with total babbling nonsense, that way the question is lost and he thinks it just took the spot light off his imcomptance, but it doesnt work that way anymore, people are bored with his BS.

We just watched the harris vp debates, pence the chef of the covid task force couldnt even keep the WH and prez from getting covid so why would they expect any thinking person to believe they can keep the country safe,

donald+trump+fly.bmp

Mike, repeat after me,  covid is obamas fault trump did  bigly great job with covid, hes beat it like a cold, covid nothing to fear....

OIP.qGGj8xEddWLdFO5rd7Gs9QHaLs.jpg.4bb45b7769d55fcff1019844af49da01.jpg

Trump an old obese man gets covid and beats it like a toddler with sniffles, it really was like a miracle , does he gain humility or empathy for all the people that didnt do as well as him or the countless extra lives his grossly imcompatant covid response cost? No of course not, once again it was all about him, and people are over it.

So hes very smart to punk out on virtual debates that type format would be like an inquisition for him, he wouldnt be able to just bellow and bray off topics to avoid answering questions, his tossing lame insults wouldnt float, and huffing off in a signature trump tantrum wouldnt work either, 

A virtual debate would be a catastrophic blow to trumps already shattered campaign hes very savvy for refusing.

• Like 1

I was watching my Seattle Sounders beat Real Salt Lake 2-1. 

Afterwards I watched the Washington Gubernatorial debates in which our idiot governor got trounced as usual but since he is a democrat he will keep getting re-elected to waste money and break promises.  Hooray politics.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I was watching my Seattle Sounders beat Real Salt Lake 2-1. 

Afterwards I watched the Washington Gubernatorial debates in which our idiot governor got trounced as usual but since he is a democrat he will keep getting re-elected to waste money and break promises.  Hooray politics.

I watched Pink Panther with Sellers.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1