Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man who claims to be Jesus arrested in Russia

UM-Bot

And how does it look to his followers that he is taken away by masked men with guns?  This will strengthen the belief.

• Sad 1

Wait but what is the crime in believing he is Jesus? Emotional damage? Come on. The reaction is definitely weird and reaffirmative.

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, OverSword said:

And how does it look to his followers that he is taken away by masked men with guns?  This will strengthen the belief.

Martyrdom if you will.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Nnicolette said:

Wait but what is the crime in believing he is Jesus? Emotional damage? Come on. The reaction is definitely weird and reaffirmative.

The article doesn't give much details.

Russian authorities however have never been a fan - instead declaring his cult an "illegal religious organisation" and accusing it of both extorting money and subjecting its followers to emotional abuse.

Things came to a head this week when a major operation was carried out involving helicopters and armed officers who stormed the area and arrested both Vissarion and his two top aides.

The operation involved officers from Russia's FSB security service as well as the police.

Odd that Jesus had to come back with the same hair style :innocent: lol

If Jesus were to come back ,I doubt that he would pick Russia as his home. The Russians have never been attached to the Christian faith , more like orthodox Jewish ,although there are some Christians in Russia who are in the minority , as most Russians are communist .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spud the mackem said:

If Jesus were to come back ,I doubt that he would pick Russia as his home. The Russians have never been attached to the Christian faith , more like orthodox Jewish ,although there are some Christians in Russia who are in the minority , as most Russians are communist .

Hmm, I dunno... When he arrived in the Holy Land there weren't any Christians there either ?  ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I don't believe Jesus will return only in his prophecy that Judea Jerusalem  will be destroyed, could be by a Iran`s atomic bomb.and the believers of Jesus`s teachings will be taken.

Then those in Judea must flee to the hills.

You will be hated all over the world because you are my followers

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+24&version=NLT

Edited by docyabut2

Well the Mormons said he visited America. Perhaps he is just on a very lazy world tour. 

• Haha 5

25 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Well the Mormons said he visited America. Perhaps he is just on a very lazy world tour. 

If you study about the Mormons said he visited America,  in the Plaques they found in America  is all so wrong

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latter_Day_Saint_movement_and_engraved_metal_plates

Edited by docyabut2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

If you study about the Mormons said he visited America, is all so wrong

They all are. Some people just like to say their story is the right one. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

14 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

They all are. Some people just like to say their story is the right one. 

if you study the  Mormons the.Engraved metal plates of Jesus are not true, 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latter_Day_Saint_movement_and_engraved_metal_plates

Edited by docyabut2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

if you study the  Mormons the.Engraved metal plates of Jesus are not true, 

Neither are the stone tablets 

They are all just stories.

• Like 4

Jesus has already been and we killed him, the Jews missed the fact that the messiah and come and gone so Jerusalem was destroyed and the Jews scattered every where around the world-fact! after they killed the very thing they were waiting for-their messiah or their saviour! God had had enough of them and opened up salvation to all peoples of the world through his Sons sacrifice, no I am not a preacher just a man who found the truth after a lifetime of searching as Jesus said to do "seek and you will find" and "What is truth?" and now we are about to see the full-filment of his second coming with all the armies of God to bring to ruin those ruining the earth, not as a single man of flesh (we would only kill him again!) but a powerfull god in his own right! Look around you what do you see? yes a planet in distress just as was foretold before his 2nd coming, now is the time to make sure of all things-but that is up to you?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

He certainly looks like Jesus from the movie.  Plus he said this:

"I am not God. And it is a mistake to see Jesus as God," he once said. "But I am the living word of God the father. Everything that God wants to say, he says through me."

He certainly 'sounds' Jesus like.  

7 hours ago, childofindigo said:

Look around you what do you see? yes a planet in distress just as was foretold before his 2nd coming, now is the time to make sure of all things-but that is up to you?

The planet has always been a  mess.  It will always be a mess.  Because Humans are a mess.  We don't really need a savior ...  we just need to get over ourselves.    Hey, that sounded pretty Jesus like as well....maybe I am Jesus...  

I'm my own...personal...Jesus...

• Haha 4

Next up, Putin sings... 

[00.03:05]

~

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Later, Jesus sat on the Mount of Olives. His disciples came to him privately and said, “Tell us, when will all this happen? What sign will signal your return and the end of the world?[a]

Jesus told them, “Don’t let anyone mislead you, for many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+24&version=NLT