Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Breonna Taylor case

docyabut2

4 minutes ago, aztek said:

what was her crime? 

it was her boyfriend`s crime  and he was never charged

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

believe in the indictment of the police and the witnesses' 

like hell i will,  in my book cops are liars until proven otherwise

4 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

it was her boyfriend`s crime  and he was never charged

he shot at cops and he was never charged?  this  story is becoming less and less believable. oh i know why they never charged him, cuz they were in the wrong and would lose the trial,  it is in cops best interest to bury the details, which is exactly what they are doing

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, aztek said:

what was her crime? 

Both current (at time of death) and previous boyfriend were in drug trade.  What I am trying to verify after I read on other forum is that she was let go from one EMT position and deemed not fit for rehire, rumour is stealing drugs to have boyfriend sell;  a rented car in her name was found with a dead body.  So far have found on Leo, but, still investigating whether these are founded

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, glorybebe said:

Both current (at time of death) and previous boyfriend were in drug trade.  What I am trying to verify after I read on other forum is that she was let go from one EMT position and deemed not fit for rehire, rumour is stealing drugs to have boyfriend sell;  a rented car in her name was found with a dead body.  So far have found on Leo, but, still investigating whether these are founded

no argument that her bfs were  criminals, her however, not so much.  all the alleged rumors are only that, rumors.  what if there was someone else in the  house a child, they would kill him\her too,  cops were clearly in the wrong, that is why they do not pursue charges for someone that shot at them.  which normally is unheard of

So if im not all askew the cops are in trouble, the city paid her family millions just why are protesters rioting about it?

• Like 3

...That December, a favor he asked of her — renting a car and lending it to him — ensnared her in a murder inquiry. A man was found slumped over the wheel, eight bullets riddling his body. Inside the car were three baggies of drugs and Ms. Taylor’s rental contract, court records show...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/08/30/us/breonna-taylor-police-killing.amp.html

Now, they weren't sure if she was directly involved with his drug business, BUT...

Hours after the raid and Ms. Taylor’s death, he claimed during a recorded jailhouse call to another girlfriend that Ms. Taylor had been holding thousands of dollars for him. On the call, Kiera Bradley, with whom he has a daughter, asked where to find bail money.

“Bre had, like, eight grand,” he said.

“Bre had eight grand of your money?” Ms. Bradley responded, her voice rising....

She knew what he was involved in.  She allowed him to involve her into this lifestyle.   Does not mean she deserved to die, but you get involved with that lifestyle, you know that the chance of someone coming after you is very high.  

• Like 7

4 hours ago, glorybebe said:

If this is true, it would mean ANOTHER person involved in crime being made a martyr.  How  can criminals be made heroes?

So you think the city just paid $12,000,000 to the family simply because she was a martyr and/or a criminal?

The state murdered this poor woman, and it doesn’t matter what the excuse is. It was state sponsored murder, and the state has paid an enormous debt to cover up their negligence.

This is not the police’s fault per se. The state was negligent to begin with. That’s why they paid such a large amount.

The size of that settlement tells the real story.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/breonna-t...iminal-charges

What I don't get in this case ,it was proven by witnesses' there was a knock on the door by the cops and Taylor`s boy friend started the shootings through the door and shot a cop. The cops defended themselves by shooting back through the door. Shots everywhere killed Taylor, so why wasn't the boyfriend get the blame for her death.  One cop got four years and they don`t even know if it was his shots.

Hankinson was not charged in Taylor's death, but rather for endangering her neighbors' lives.

It was a tragedy, but there was no way the police could have even known she was there. Once the BF started shooting, she was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I agree with the charge and I believe the officer will be found guilty. Police shouldn't try shooting blind. They should fall back. 

The rioters just make everything worse, IMHO. 

• Like 1

https://wfpl.org/kenneth-walker-breonna-taylors-boyfriend-sues-city-claiming-immunity-under-stand-your-ground-law/

"My life changed forever in the early morning of March 13. I was laying in bed with Breonna around midnight watching a movie,” he said. “All of a sudden someone started beating on the door. They refused to answer when we yelled, ‘Who is it?’ Fifteen minutes later, Breonna was dead from a hail of police gunfire and I was in police custody.”

From what I understand this wasn't the guy they were looking for.

Partially why the charges were dropped. Plus...

In a civil complaint filed Tuesday, attorneys argued Walker is immune from being arrested, detained, charged and prosecuted again due to Kentucky’s “stand your ground” law, which provides for immunity in cases of permitted force.

He apparently had an iron clad defense in that the police didn't initially identify themselves. Sounds like they took many minutes to get through the door. 

The point of a no knock is the be in QUICK and bag anyone there. This is not what happened, it would seem. Bungled is probably a insufficient term to describe it.

The charges were officially dismissed without prejudice by Judge Olu Stevens on May 26. Efforts by Walker’s defense counsel beginning in June to have them dismissed with prejudice, which would prevent re-indictment, were not successful, according to court documents.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

He apparently had an iron clad defense in that the police didn't initially identify themselves. Sounds like they took many minutes to get through the door. 

Thanks for that, I have not been following closely.  I did not think about stand your ground laws, but I guess it should be obvious. Seems  like police are going to have to get more polite and loudly identify themselves or get quicker about bashing down doors.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, glorybebe said:

...That December, a favor he asked of her — renting a car and lending it to him — ensnared her in a murder inquiry. A man was found slumped over the wheel, eight bullets riddling his body. Inside the car were three baggies of drugs and Ms. Taylor’s rental contract, court records show...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/08/30/us/breonna-taylor-police-killing.amp.html

Now, they weren't sure if she was directly involved with his drug business, BUT...

Hours after the raid and Ms. Taylor’s death, he claimed during a recorded jailhouse call to another girlfriend that Ms. Taylor had been holding thousands of dollars for him. On the call, Kiera Bradley, with whom he has a daughter, asked where to find bail money.

“Bre had, like, eight grand,” he said.

“Bre had eight grand of your money?” Ms. Bradley responded, her voice rising....

She knew what he was involved in.  She allowed him to involve her into this lifestyle.   Does not mean she deserved to die, but you get involved with that lifestyle, you know that the chance of someone coming after you is very high.  

does not matter who she was, what matters is cops shot blindly, they had no idea who was there, (yea her bf shot at cops while they were breaking the door, which is what anyone would do) they would have killed anyone, what if a child was there? cops do not care, civilian lives do not matter to them, that much is clear from what they do.  there has been many  innocents murdered  during no knock warrants. not a single cop ever held accountable, that makes any crime she, and both of her boyfriend allegedly committed  insignificant.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, the13bats said:

So if im not all askew the cops are in trouble, the city paid her family millions just why are protesters rioting about it?

because it will happen again , and again. 

• Like 2

Mistakes were made on both sides.   A poorly planned and executed try by the police and a poor decision to shack up with criminals by Breonna.  

Breonna's decision led to her death.   Which member of the police department deserves a punishment?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

i'd say every cop who was on the scene that day, even the ones who never fired a shot, ,   same as it would apply to civilians., (i vaguely remember a guy who only took a video charged with m1)  an example needs to be made, if police protects their criminals, it is only logical the other side making theirs martyrs .  unless people see cops are held accountable, really accountable,  people only lose any trust they had in a system.  and will want to take "justice" into their own hands, which is what we see now happening all over usa. 

• Like 1

So the cop got two felony charges for shooting at the neighbors house but there were no charges for the six shots that killed Breonna?  Seems like that house has more rights than a sleeping woman with no criminal record.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, aztek said:

i'd say every cop who was on the scene that day, even the ones who never fired a shot, ,   same as it would apply to civilians., (i vaguely remember a guy who only took a video charged with m1)  an example needs to be made, if police protects their criminals, it is only logical the other side making theirs martyrs .  unless people see cops are held accountable, really accountable,  people only lose any trust they had in a system.  and will want to take "justice" into their own hands, which is what we see now happening all over usa. 

That's a tough one.   If they were ordered to be there by their boss, I can't fault them for just being there.   The actions of firing shots blindly should result in a punishment.  I think I read somewhere that doing that in this situation was by the book though, so it's tough to fault them there as well.  The rules need to change though.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, aztek said:

I'd tend to agree. These cops appear to have been reckless, and a woman died, and punishment might be as little as one of them goes to jail for a year. That's pretty sparse punishment IMHO. I'm very Pro-Cops, but a complete fail is still a complete fail.

29 minutes ago, Myles said:

That's a tough one.   If they were ordered to be there by their boss, I can't fault them for just being there.     

that did not work at nurnberg.  not sure it is a valid excuse today

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, aztek said:

does not matter who she was, what matters is cops shot blindly, they had no idea who was there, (yea her bf shot at cops while they were breaking the door, which is what anyone would do) they would have killed anyone, what if a child was there? cops do not care, civilian lives do not matter to them, that much is clear from what they do.  there has been many  innocents murdered  during no knock warrants. not a single cop ever held accountable, that makes any crime she, and both of her boyfriend allegedly committed  insignificant.  

Warrant related to drug trafficking (also warrants supposedly at two other trap houses) and boyfriend had no clue whatsoever cops comming. Yeah right. Not "what anyone would do". He very well knew jail (or prison) was comming. He shot first. Completely reckless poor judgement. But I guess now (based on protests) he's a hero, defending home.

Edited by Bed of chaos
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Bed of chaos said:

Warrant related to drug trafficking (also warrants supposedly at two other trap houses) and boyfriend had no clue whatsoever cops comming. Yeah right. Not "what anyone would do". He very well knew jail (or prison) was comming. He shot first. Completely reckless poor judgement. But I guess now (based on protests) he's a hero, defending home.

exactly, he had no idea cops were coming nor they identified themselves, they just started pounding on a door,  at 1am,  so to him, it was a home invasion, and he acted like everyone else would.  it does not really make him a hero, i don't even know his name, nor i care to,  it just makes him right to defend his home. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, aztek said:

because it will happen again , and again. 

18 minutes ago, aztek said:

exactly, he had no idea cops were coming nor they identified themselves, they just started pounding on a door,  at 1am,  so to him, it was a home invasion, and he acted like everyone else would.  it does not really make him a hero, i don't even know his name, nor i care to,  it just makes him right to defend his home. 

Im getting a strong impression you do not support the cops actions in this case, and any "dirt" on the dead ladies boyfriend is irrelevant because the cops blundered, im i on track?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aztek said:

Authorities stated "the actual subject of their narcotics investigation (Jamarcus Glover, not Walker) was using her residence to get mail, store drugs, and money". Detective Joshua Jaynes wrote in affidavit, Glover picked up suspicious USPS packages from her apt. then drove to a "known drug house" numerous times (Law & Crime.com, Records show police ended up raiding Breonna Taylor's home).

If this happened under different circumstances (that wasn't under, months long, narcotics/postal investigation) I'd think twice. But still dont believe Walker.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bed of chaos said:

Authorities stated "the actual subject of their narcotics investigation (Jamarcus Glover, not Walker) was using her residence to get mail, store drugs, and money". Detective Joshua Jaynes wrote in affidavit, Glover picked up suspicious USPS packages from her apt. then drove to a "known drug house" numerous times (Law & Crime.com, Records show police ended up raiding Breonna Taylor's home).

If this happened under different circumstances (that wasn't under, months long, narcotics/postal investigation) I'd think twice. But still dont believe Walker.

under what circumstances do you think police would not press any charges  against  a person who shot at them?     that fact alone is enough to see the whole case is rotten, that and the fact that cops settled a suite and paid millions, do you think if it was by the book correctly handled  situation it would happen?  nope. cops efed up and they know it.    if anything i  believe detectives even less,