Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Breonna Taylor case

docyabut2

3 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

One thing puzzles me. The cops tried to break the door down, but took so long doing it that they where still outside when Kenneth Walker opened fire on them. Either they where VERY slow at breaking down the door, or Taylor fired VERY rapidly upon hearing the noise ? 

UK Police tend to use a little battering ram gadget that would have the door down within a second. 

They were knocking and were giving Breonna time to answer the door. They didn't know Walker was there. They thought she was alone.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hawken said:

A lot of people don't realize how corrupt the media has become. They accept their word as gold instead of questioning their reporting.

The media was always somewhat biased but they have been extreme for some years now.

I think we grew up thinking 'if its not true it wouldnt be reported' how wrong we were...

and yes the bias was somewhat more subtle historically, or maybe it wasn't? is it that today we have access to so much information and/or footage that once we research the narrative quickly unravels and we are left shocked as to how it could be reported in such a way when the footage reveals something totally different.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Hawken said:

I always read articles where certain people want to defund the police. But call 911 when needed.

As the case of Alyssa Milano. https://www.newsmax.com/us/defund-the-police-alyssa-milano-police-gunman/2020/09/22/id/988208/

What do you think people mean when they say 'defund the police'?

1 hour ago, susieice said:

They were knocking and were giving Breonna time to answer the door. They didn't know Walker was there. They thought she was alone.

Given that they were at the wrong house, I doubt they thought she was there at all...

49 minutes ago, Setton said:

Given that they were at the wrong house, I doubt they thought she was there at all...

I hadn't heard that.   

• Like 1

Shapiro has some timelines that may be of interest:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, quillius said:

really?

yes, really.

I dont think you have a grasp of the facts and stats....

sure, you sitting in london grasp more than people who live here and  see how cops act firsthand,  lol, hilarious isn't it?

please do provide some numbers for context....actual cases not number of threads!

i did link an article that has info on such cases,  including details and names, feel free to read,   i put the water right in from of you, but you have to drink it yourself

Edited by aztek

9 hours ago, Free99 said:

Well cop or no cop if I knock on a door and someone opens fire I’m shooting back. These officers did their job and black people need to get off the racist BS.

dude  they  were busting the door down, not knocking on it, there is a huge difference. 

cop or no cop, if you breaking someone's door down, expect to be shot in usa, and  you'd deserve it,

2 hours ago, Myles said:

I hadn't heard that.   

Really? It was one of the main criticisms in the first place.

I'll admit I haven't been able to follow every development but I haven't seen any contrary information.

2 minutes ago, Setton said:

Really? It was one of the main criticisms in the first place.

I'll admit I haven't been able to follow every development but I haven't seen any contrary information.

Her name, her address and her car was on the warrant.

They had a no-knock warrant but didn't execute it as such as a neighbor has collaborated that the officers did in fact knock on the door.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, aztek said:

yes, really.

sure, you sitting in london grasp more than people who live here and  see how cops act firsthand,  lol, hilarious isn't it?

i did link an article that has info on such cases,  including details and names, feel free to read,   i put the water right in from of you, but you have to drink it yourself

where I sit does not change the facts and statistics. Your personal experience also counts for very little with regards the country as a whole, that would be akin to me having a bad experience with a cop here in the UK and then tarnishing the whole force with teh same brush...

I have looked at the article, I asked for stats and facts.....how many people were killed in the USA by officers that 'did not pose a threat/did not resist/did not run'.......

an article is neither stats nor facts.....so no point giving me an empty glass and asking me to drink

3 hours ago, Setton said:

You're wrong. They were at the right house. You need to read too. People just keep parroting something they've heard. It's not going to work no matter how much you keep saying it.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, aztek said:

dude  they  were busting the door down, not knocking on it, there is a huge difference. 

cop or no cop, if you breaking someone's door down, expect to be shot in usa, and  you'd deserve it,

so a cop legally executing a warrant deserves to be shot?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, susieice said:

You're wrong. They were at the right house. You need to read too. People just keep parroting something they've heard.

correct. (on all four points)

Maybe they should watch the Shapiro video I posted for some timelines on events

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Her name, her address and her car was on the warrant.

They had a no-knock warrant but didn't execute it as such as a neighbor has collaborated that the officers did in fact knock on the door.

i find it hard to believe that cops who execute no knock warrant at 1am would let anyone be close enough to them to see what they are doing exactly, ,   but in any case cops now wear body cams, would not be hard to  see the whole incident,   but they won't release it unlike other videos that prove their innocence that are released next day. 

3 minutes ago, quillius said:

so a cop legally executing a warrant deserves to be shot?

you mean no knock warrant? they way they do it here, yes. blame their tactics not people protecting their home. 

1 minute ago, aztek said:

i find it hard to believe that cops who execute no knock warrant at 1am would let anyone be close enough to them to see what they are doing exactly, ,   but in any case cops now wear body cams, would not be hard to  see the whole incident,   but they won't release it unlike other videos that prove their innocence that are released next day. 

you mean no knock warrant? they way they do it here, yes. blame their tactics not people protecting their home. 

You know, I remember I time you and I would argue for days about what police are like. It's only this year I'm really understanding just how inferior to ours yours are.

Sad to say you were far more right than I was.

15 minutes ago, susieice said:

You're wrong. They were at the right house. You need to read too. People just keep parroting something they've heard. It's not going to work no matter how much you keep saying it.

they were at the house they wanted to be,  but it did not stop them from shooting at another occupied house as well, it is a miracle no one there was shot,  that is why one cop is fired and is charged, not because they killed her (that cop did not even hit her) but because he shot up the house next door.  

3 minutes ago, Setton said:

You know, I remember I time you and I would argue for days about what police are like. It's only this year I'm really understanding just how inferior to ours yours are.

Sad to say you were far more right than I was.

yea i always wondered why you argued in a first place,  but i'm glad you see things better now.

i have to agree, yours are superior in many ways,  from a civilian pov.

14 minutes ago, aztek said:

yes a no knock warrant. It was a legal warrant and legally executed.......

the cops dont devise the tactic their superiors do, why do they then deserve to die by doing their job? 

protecting their home? I see this is pointless- once again the criminal is just protecting his home but the officer carrying out their duty lawfully deserves to be shot....as I said before it boggles the mind

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, aztek said:

they were at the house they wanted to be,  but it did not stop them from shooting at another occupied house as well, it is a miracle no one there was shot,  that is why one cop is fired and is charged, not because they killed her (that cop did not even hit her) but because he shot up the house next door.  

That is correct. He was charged for that by the grand jury.

4 minutes ago, quillius said:

yes a no knock warrant. It was a legal warrant and legally executed.......

the cops dont devise the tactic their superiors do, why do they then deserve to die by doing their job? 

protecting their home? I see this is pointless- once again the criminal is just protecting his home but the officer carrying out their duty lawfully deserves to be shot....as I said before it boggles the mind

from the pov of a person whose door is being busted down at 1am,  i couldn't care less.   but i since you put it that way, their superiors deserve to get shot as well. 

Edited by aztek

15 minutes ago, aztek said:

Which could be the correct move.   Shooting blindly by a cop should not be tolerated.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, aztek said:

from the pov of a person whose door is being busted down at 1am,  i couldn't care less.   but i since you put it that way, their superiors deserve to get shot as well. 

I think people with that mindset should be put on a island with no police and no laws (as it seems that is what they want)

I am sure they will all flourish..........

ludicrous

1 minute ago, quillius said:

I think people with that mindset should be put on a island with no police and no laws (as it seems that is what they want)

I am sure they will all flourish..........

ludicrous

you did that before it is  now called Australia  

i think people with your mindset need to live far from people with my mindset.  oh wait we are, we kicked your mindset out 200+ years ago. 

4 minutes ago, aztek said:

you did that before it is  now called Australia  

i think people with your mindset need to live far from people with my mindset.  oh wait we are, we kicked your mindset out 200+ years ago. 

my mindset? I believe in law and order....a civilised world.....one where criminals are not idolised.....one where people follow the law

• Like 5