Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
docyabut2

Breonna Taylor case

225 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Myles
8 hours ago, glorybebe said:

You obviously haven't done extensive reading about how much Breonna was involved in her ex's business.   I have and I have posted about it.  I will not defend police when they are in the wrong,  but this situation was not 100 % their fault.   She was let go from her job when drugs disappeared,  she rented a car a dead man was found in, she was being investigated.  You have blinders on wanting the big bad police to be at fault.   She made bad choices, unfortunately they led the police to her door

I hadn't heard that.   Is that true.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
bmk1245
18 hours ago, the13bats said:

Oh, so the cops were are the correct address when they killed her?

Yes, they were at the correct address.

BTW, Nate The Lawyer covered it.

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
glorybebe
2 hours ago, Myles said:

I hadn't heard that.   Is that true.  

Trying to find it again.  Drugs went missing and it was a quit or be fired situation.  She was deemed non-rehirable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
glorybebe
40 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

Yes, they were at the correct address.

BTW, Nate The Lawyer covered it.

 

I like how he gave unbiased facts.  Good find, thank you.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats
3 hours ago, Myles said:

The cops are not totally innocent in this though.   Seemed poorly planned out and the cop who fired blindly was not good.   

The root cause is her associating and helping criminals.   

Nope, however she wanted to play gangsta and that life can have negative consequences,  im not understanding yet why her family was paid millions.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
docyabut2

 What gets me its is sad that the BLM  don't go on the laws and orders  The cops are not totally innocent in any of these cases :( and  they kill every police man whether they are black or white:(   

Edited by docyabut2
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bmk1245
1 hour ago, docyabut2 said:

 What gets me its is sad that the BLM  don't go on the laws and orders  The cops are not totally innocent in any of these cases :( and  they kill every police man whether they are black or white:(   

Reagarding cops, in Taylor's case only one cop is at fault, the one who was shooting through the window.

As for another famous case, Floyd's ... In his blood experts found 11 nL/mg of fentanyl (not to mention other substances). And what we can find about fentanyls? This

Quote

Overdose results in respiratory depression which is reversible with naloxone. Sudden death can also occur because of cardiac arrest or severe anaphylactic reaction.  The estimated lethal dose of fentanyl in humans is 2 mg. [...] Blood concentrations of approximately 7 ng/ml or greater have been associated with fatalities where poly-substance use was involved. While fatalities have been reported after therapeutic use, many deaths have occurred as a result of the misuse of pharmaceutical products. Both used and unused fentanyl patches have been injected, smoked, snorted or taken orally with fatal consequences.

(link)

11 nL/mg is quite above 7 nL/mg.

IMHO, all symptoms (not to mention his health problems) points to OD, and cops only guilty of not stuffing him back into the car after he kicked himself out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
glorybebe

I am wondering if her boyfriend used her as a shield. They are both in the hallway, the police are facing them returning fire, she takes 6 bullets and he doesn't get hit? It just doesn't make sense 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats
16 minutes ago, glorybebe said:

I am wondering if her boyfriend used her as a shield. They are both in the hallway, the police are facing them returning fire, she takes 6 bullets and he doesn't get hit? It just doesn't make sense 

Im not being mean but iirc she was bigger than the guy

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
3 hours ago, glorybebe said:

I am wondering if her boyfriend used her as a shield. They are both in the hallway, the police are facing them returning fire, she takes 6 bullets and he doesn't get hit? It just doesn't make sense 

why not? all he had to do was not be in a hallway, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eldorado

Two US police officers linked to a notorious raid in which young black medic Breonna Taylor was fatally shot have been fired, authorities have said.

Detectives Myles Cosgrove and Joshua Jaynes are the latest officers to be dismissed over the shooting in March last year.

The incident in Kentucky caused outrage, spurring protests against racism and police brutality.

BBC report

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Eldorado

Breonna Taylor’s mother has spoken out to mark the one-year anniversary of her daughter’s killing at the hands of police, saying she’s still “asking the system to do the right thing”.

MSN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
South Alabam
Posted (edited)
On 1/6/2021 at 1:37 PM, Eldorado said:

Two US police officers linked to a notorious raid in which young black medic Breonna Taylor was fatally shot have been fired, authorities have said.

Detectives Myles Cosgrove and Joshua Jaynes are the latest officers to be dismissed over the shooting in March last year.

The incident in Kentucky caused outrage, spurring protests against racism and police brutality.

BBC report

The raid was a no knock raid, and was signed as a no knock raid, however Louisville Metro told them to knock and announce. The Police and one other witness said they did knock. From what I remember her boyfriend, and the other guy in the house said they did not knock as well as the rest of the apartment building tenants said they heard no knock or announcements prior to the shooting. The two Officers in question were not wearing body camera footage, but what about the other 4 or 5 PD members? How can 6 or 7 Police show up, and no one have footage that they knocked? This is what lead her boyfriend to fire thinking it was intruders and not Police who knocked and identified themselves.

It sounds like the Police are at fault here, or show that non existent video that shows they did not knock or announce themselves as required making them all guilty.

Edited by South Alabam
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eldorado

People are gathering in the US city of Louisville for a demonstration to mark a year since the death of Breonna Taylor, a 26-year-old black medic shot dead when police raided her home.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-56387446

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eldorado

Protesters clash with LAPD

ABC7

Footage taken from a Breonna Taylor march in Hollywood appears to show officers from the Los Angeles Police Department running over protesters with a police vehicle.

UniLad

LAPD patrol car runs over two protesters and armed activists shut down Louisville roads as thousands take to the streets on the anniversary of her death.

UK Mail

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eldorado

Officer involved in Breonna Taylor shooting lands book deal

One of the police officers involved in the shooting of Breonna Taylor will publish a book about the event and its aftermath. Post Hill Press has agreed to publish Seargeant Jonathan Mattingly’s book after Simon & Schuster pulled out of the deal.

The publishing giant declined to publish The Fight For Truth: The Inside Story Behind the Breonna Taylor Tragedy, issuing a statement late on Thursday saying: “Like much of the American public, earlier today Simon & Schuster learned of plans by distribution client Post Hill Press to publish a book by Jonathan Mattingly. We have subsequently decided not to be involved in the distribution of this book.”

MSN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eldorado

The Department of Justice on Monday announced it will investigate the practices of the Louisville Metropolitan Police Department, which was heavily criticized following the killing of Breonna Taylor, an unarmed Black woman accidentally shot during a no-knock drug search last March.

“We will follow the facts and the law wherever they lead,” US attorney general Merrick Garland said on Monday announcing the probe, which will scrutinize the LMPD’s record on searches, stops, seizure, training, discipline, and response to protests.

MSN

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DieChecker
On 4/26/2021 at 12:48 PM, Eldorado said:

The Department of Justice on Monday announced it will investigate the practices of the Louisville Metropolitan Police Department, which was heavily criticized following the killing of Breonna Taylor, an unarmed Black woman accidentally shot during a no-knock drug search last March.

“We will follow the facts and the law wherever they lead,” US attorney general Merrick Garland said on Monday announcing the probe, which will scrutinize the LMPD’s record on searches, stops, seizure, training, discipline, and response to protests.

MSN

Right there MSN.... "Accidentally shot"...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eldorado
1 hour ago, DieChecker said:

Right there MSN.... "Accidentally shot"...

"All of these steps will be taken with one goal in mind: to ensure that policing policies and practices are constitutional and lawful," Mr Garland said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-56894831

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DieChecker
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Eldorado said:

"All of these steps will be taken with one goal in mind: to ensure that policing policies and practices are constitutional and lawful," Mr Garland said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-56894831

Agreed... Didn't mean there wasn't anything wrong with what the officers did. But strictly speaking they weren't there to shoot her.

Good link summery. Id like to see them investigate the ones that sent them over there also. Supposedly they thought she was there alone, and because they were wrong, there ended up with a firefight. Bad intel leads to bad results. Which then goes to why a no knock on a single woman who was not deemed a violent suspect?

Edited by DieChecker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Robotic Jew
6 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Agreed... Didn't mean there wasn't anything wrong with what the officers did. But strictly speaking they weren't there to shoot her.

Good link summery. Id like to see them investigate the ones that sent them over there also. Supposedly they thought she was there alone, and because they were wrong, there ended up with a firefight. Bad intel leads to bad results. Which then goes to why a no knock on a single woman who was not deemed a violent suspect?

Because SOME cops like to feel big and bad and unstoppable. They like exerting their power over the populace whenever they have the opportunity. A no knock warrant with little to no risk lets them live out their fantasies and even more so if a gun fight breaks out as a result.

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Myles
1 hour ago, Robotic Jew said:

Because SOME cops like to feel big and bad and unstoppable. They like exerting their power over the populace whenever they have the opportunity. A no knock warrant with little to no risk lets them live out their fantasies and even more so if a gun fight breaks out as a result.

You are just giving your opinion without fact.   It wasn't the cops involved who issued a "no knock warrant".  

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Robotic Jew
55 minutes ago, Myles said:

You are just giving your opinion without fact.   It wasn't the cops involved who issued a "no knock warrant".  

But a cop did ASK for one right? That's a fact.

 

And they were untruthful with information provided to receive the warrant....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
DieChecker
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Robotic Jew said:

Because SOME cops like to feel big and bad and unstoppable. They like exerting their power over the populace whenever they have the opportunity. A no knock warrant with little to no risk lets them live out their fantasies and even more so if a gun fight breaks out as a result.

While I'm certain that happens, I think the "no knock" has its place. Just maybe not on a single female living alone who is unlikely to fight. 

Hopeful an investigation will expose the truth. Three of the officers already were fired. You don't get fired as a cop unless you actually screwed up good. There seemed a lot of screw ups in this one. 

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.