Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man Dies From Overeating Black Licorice

susieice

I loved black licorice, when I was pregnant the fourth time, I craved black licorice and my daughter turned out to be a little bit darker :lol: 

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

Yep. I have high bp and stay away from licorice. Not just black licorice, Trader Joe's strawberry licorice has it too. Another man nearly died from licorice tea. 

• Like 4

I love double-salted black licorice, guess I'll have to save it for special occasions.   

• Like 7

That's scary. I mean I don't like licorice, and that sounds like a huge amount, but it's still scary that you can die from eating too much licorice... 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Orphalesion said:

That's scary. I mean I don't like licorice, and that sounds like a huge amount, but it's still scary that you can die from eating too much licorice... 

You can die from too much coffee--even water. Pretty much anything, consumed in extreme excess, is bad for you.

• Like 4

I love the smell of Liquorice, but I'm not keen on the taste, although I enjoy root beer which has hint of Liquorice in it.

i got a weak heart taking loads of pills blood thinners etc  i ve got a Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator for when  my heart stops(its a case of when not if) surgeons at papworth told me so i better leave of the licorice trouble is i love the stuff  i eat loads ............... or used to

• Sad 1

I like licorice both black and red but can't imagine that eating THAT much of anything day after day might build-up and into a serious problem. That is a LOT of licorice!!!

• Like 1

I know someone who suffered a stroke from eating black licorice. It aggravated an underlying medical condition she wasn’t aware of. 

Edited by simplybill

Black licorice has some healing effects in moderation such as against h pylori that causes stomach ulcers.