Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

scuttlers

Vanessa2212

Many spiders - especially those often seen in homes in the autumn - tend to be more active at night

2 hours ago, Vanessa2212 said:

I need some input into these spiders i am seeing every night.  I am wide wide awake.  they are never there in the day.

Welcome to the forum.

First, are you on any medications, and like someone else said, did you take photos.   It sounds like those halloween lights that show pictures on a wall.  Spiders that I know of do not tend to be red and if you are in the dark you shouldn't be able to distinguish what color they are if they are real spiders.   Check under your bed to be sure no one has put one of those light devices to "gas light" you and check the side effects of any medications you are taking.

Once you have eliminated the rational reasons you are seeing these things, then explore psychological or paranormal reasons.  

One more thing.  Put the paragraph in the post, not the subject line.

2 hours ago, Essan said:

Many spiders - especially those often seen in homes in the autumn - tend to be more active at night

The size of her hand??

3 hours ago, Vanessa2212 said:

I need some input into these spiders i am seeing every night.  I am wide wide awake.  they are never there in the day.

I am thinking they are not something physical that you can photograph? They may be etheric/astral entities that you are psychically perceiving. Or your imagination can create them. I believe the line between real and unreal is not so clear-cut as we think.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Essan said:

That's correct, its mating season I believe.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, moonman said:

Why someone would deal with this  and post about it without even thinking about trying to take a picture tells me this is a crock. 

Almost as if this has happened before? :ph34r:

• Haha 1

A couple of questions?

1. Where do you live?
  2. How long have you lived at the property?
  3. Do you live alone?  Has anyone else seen the spiders?
  4. When you say the size of your hand do you mean body or body and legs?
  5. How many spiders roughly?
  6. Do take any medication just before bed did you start taking it around the same time as you started seeing the spiders?
  7. Could you get a photo or describe them in more detail?

Sorry a few more than a couple.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, XenoFish said:

I wonder if the OP of this thread will return to enlighten us about these imaginary spiders?

What are the odds?

18 hours ago, kidagakash said:

I hate spiders. I know they have their place in the ecosystem, but not in my house, unless they're the little ones that catch flies.

I have never understood why people have such and fear and dislike of spiders.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TashaMarie said:

I have never understood why people have such and fear and dislike of spiders.

Me either.  Spiders are usually benign and the ones in the SW U.S that are dangerous/poisonous move slow and are easy to kill.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Me either.  Spiders are usually benign and the ones in the SW U.S that are dangerous/poisonous move slow and are easy to kill.

Some suspect it might be an inherited genetic trait, being afraid of spiders, snakes, rodents. Personally? I just don't like them. They creep around all stealthy but sometimes you're minding your own business and theres a 6 inch spider on the ceiling above your head! That's enough to startle someone, me at least

38 minutes ago, kidagakash said:

Some suspect it might be an inherited genetic trait, being afraid of spiders, snakes, rodents. Personally? I just don't like them. They creep around all stealthy but sometimes you're minding your own business and theres a 6 inch spider on the ceiling above your head! That's enough to startle someone, me at least

I don't think it is an inherited or genetic trait.   I like spiders, when I was a kid my dad had a tarantula as a pet.  My brother and I played with it sometimes.  Wolf spiders are my favorite house spider because they eat cockroaches.  But my youngest daughter is afraid of spiders, even though she used to watch her older sister play with her pet wolf spider.  I blame myself as I allowed her to watch the movie Arachnophobia when she was 9 and it scared her silly. 

I checked a few internet sites and couldn’t find any spiders matching that description. Spiders the size of a human hand are rare, unless maybe the OP lives somewhere in the Amazon Basin.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I don't think it is an inherited or genetic trait.   I like spiders, when I was a kid my dad had a tarantula as a pet.  My brother and I played with it sometimes.  Wolf spiders are my favorite house spider because they eat cockroaches.  But my youngest daughter is afraid of spiders, even though she used to watch her older sister play with her pet wolf spider.  I blame myself as I allowed her to watch the movie Arachnophobia when she was 9 and it scared her silly. 

TBH I'm on the fence with that one. It is an interesting theory but without much to back it up at this time. I found it relevant to the thread so thought it might be interesting. If it's genetic, I mean, my Mom is terrified of mice and rats and small rodents, but I don't really care unless they chew through my stuff and start leaving turds in my house. Nothing passed to me, if it is. It could be a learned phobia from our culture. If Mom and Dad are scared of spiders snakes or rats, they must be terrifying! My little brother was absolutely terrified by dogs and birds when he was a kid. I'm leaning toward the psychological explanations on that one.

17 minutes ago, simplybill said:

I checked a few internet sites and couldn’t find any spiders matching that description. Spiders the size of a human hand are rare, unless maybe the OP lives somewhere in the Amazon Basin.

What if it isn't spiders but face huggers?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Since i cant add to discussion its all been covered, ill toss in some entertainment of the threads theme.

• Like 1