Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Kelly Cahill UFO case continues to intrigue

UM-Bot

The fact that three different people saw and said the same thing makes it mildly interesting, however its only a story until evidence comes out.

• Like 1

It's fascinating how all the most 'compelling' UFO cases predate the ubiquitousness of smartphone cameras. Especially abduction cases. No one has been alien-abducted since millions started carrying cameras every day.

Edited by Seti42
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Sounds like one more compelling case to add to my quantity, quality and consistency of cases. I am a believer in aliens and alien abductions from the evidence.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Seti42 said:

It's fascinating how all the most 'compelling' UFO cases predate the ubiquitousness of smartphone cameras. Especially abduction cases. No one has been alien-abducted since millions started carrying cameras every day.

No, it is not fascinating at all, if you have even a vaguely approximate understanding of the phenomenon. What you were trying to say is that YOU find it fascinating. Difference.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This case has a lot of he said she said bs, no names or anything of providence, just a story,

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Seti42 said:

How would you film yourself being abduct? Abductees claim they are paralyzed during the incident.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hawken said:

How would you film yourself being abduct? Abductees claim they are paralyzed during the incident.

Many telling stories of abduction will claim this or that happened where if it did then they could have reached for their cell phone or grabbed a souvenir from the craft the few times alleged abductees try to claim something is evidence of the abduction IE sweater with soiled marks when tested not surprisingly nothing unearthly is found,

There stories change and have holes, embellished as they go, just look at betty hill.

Its a phenomenon but it involves the mind not aliens.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Sounds like one more compelling case to add to my quantity, quality and consistency of cases. I am a believer in aliens and alien abductions from the evidence.

What is quality or consistent with the rest of the trash you yack about? I know there is quantity. Turns out there is more BS in the form of stories than BS in the physical excrement from bovines.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Here they go on to suggest that the corroboration may not be real.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/holy-grail-or-epic-hoax-australian-kelly-cahills-ufo-abduction-story-still-stirs-passions/ar-BB19qSZW

Because of its multiple witnesses, the incident was hailed as the "holy grail" of alien abduction stories by UFO researchers and enthusiasts.

It was the one with the potential to provide definitive proof, once and for all, that the truth was out there. Cult TV show The X-Files even referenced the case in an episode.

But 27 years on, the truth about the so-called Eumemmering Creek encounter is anything but clear.

A detailed report into the claims was never released, the other witnesses never came forward publicly and Ms Cahill disappeared from public view.

So was her 'encounter' a missed opportunity, or just another UFO hoax?

But by 1998, Ms Cahill had disappeared from the scene and none of the other witnesses — including her ex-husband Andrew — had come out publicly to back her story.

As for PRA's report, it was also nowhere to be seen.

'Worthy of release'

Fast forward to 2020 and there's still no report.

He said the original 300-page report was whittled down to an unusable '100 pages or so' when the witnesses, including Ms Cahill and her ex-husband, began to ask for information to be taken out and refused to allow the publication of medical and psychological reports they claimed backed up their stories.

Sounds more and more like just another story.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, the13bats said:

Many telling stories of abduction will claim this or that happened where if it did then they could have reached for their cell phone or grabbed a souvenir from the craft the few times alleged abductees try to claim something is evidence of the abduction IE sweater with soiled marks when tested not surprisingly nothing unearthly is found,

There stories change and have holes, embellished as they go, just look at betty hill.

I've seen stories change on the skeptic side as well. On the Rendlesham Forrest case. It was always thought the lighthouse was what the airman saw. But when that theory fell through,  it was British Special Forces playing a prank on the airman. That theory came up decades after the incident.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Hawken said:

I've seen stories change on the skeptic side as well. On the Rendlesham Forrest case. It was always thought the lighthouse was what the airman saw. But when that theory fell through,  it was British Special Forces playing a prank on the airman. That theory came up decades after the incident.

Thats a good example in a way, researchers showing rendlesham wasnt anything other worldly had to work with the players changing their stories with almost every documentary they were in, no credibility or integrity,

Decades later? you mean like pennsintons binery code and making his secret contact with a craft, woohoo, even other guys there denounce his delusions.

Peell away embellishments etc the orginal reports do not prove anything not of this world, same with rozwell , shagharbor, kecksburg etc.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Rolci said:

No, it is not fascinating at all, if you have even a vaguely approximate understanding of the phenomenon. What you were trying to say is that YOU find it fascinating. Difference.

OK, I call.  Why did you NOT explain what you mean?

I also find it 'fascinating', or perhaps 'interesting and compelling' is a a better description..  Here we are with magnitudes more intense sky surveillance, and increasingly high quality cameras distributed incredibly widely amongst the population, and we get LESS reports?

The VERY OBVIOUS conlusion is that the better surveillance results in far more IDENTIFICATIONS, and thus the lower reportage.  And of course, more and more people are aware of drones, RC aircraft, traffic choppers, sky lanterns, etc etc, so again that would help reduce the reportage.

So, Rolci, do put up a counter argument, and maybe next time, do that at the the time that you post your empty 'complaint'.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ufoguy said:

More evidence that we are being visited....disclosure will happen..:alien:

This sentiment has been around since the 1930's - you know, back when everyone didn't carry a camera, there were very few amateur astronomers with all-night all-sky cams, and surveillance of our skies was miniscule.

May I politely and respectfully suggest that you should perhaps update this ridiculous notion and apply a little common sense and logic.

But do wake me when it happens - any day now, right?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is one dodgy case. 

There is an older thread here somewhere with lots of detail in this case, but I can't seem to find it. 

Anyone else seen it? 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, psyche101 said:

This is one dodgy case. 

There is an older thread here somewhere with lots of detail in this case, but I can't seem to find it. 

Anyone else seen it? 

I think it's the Mandela effect - I too thought we had covered this here, but I can't find it.  Clearly the MIB have visited...

Anyways, here's a coupla links:
(warning - very long and overly detailed - you'll need to go right to the bottom to find the disappointing part... 
https://digitalseance.wordpress.com/2011/09/04/kelly-cahill-the-hoax-is-over/

(warning, lots of ads and some popups)
https://pressfrom.info/au/news/australia/-275506-holy-grail-or-epic-hoax-australian-kelly-cahills-ufo-abduction-story-still-stirs-passions.html

This was the case that made me very wary of Bill Chalker, self-proclaimed UFO researcher - he's a bit gullible at best, a co-conspirator at worst...

• Like 3

On 9/26/2020 at 3:39 PM, the13bats said:

To play devils advocate, hypothetically if you where to be kidnapped by someone, much less a supposed superior intelligent life form. I doubt they/it would let you do any of those things. Like people being kidnapped by people don’t do things like that. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, AstralHorus said:

To play devils advocate, hypothetically if you where to be kidnapped by someone, much less a supposed superior intelligent life form. I doubt they/it would let you do any of those things. Like people being kidnapped by people don’t do things like that. 

At first that might sound good but at closer inspection falls apart.

Many people kidnapped by people do bring back things in fact i do not recall a kidnapping case where the kidnappers were never caught,

And with people on people kidnappings we have all kinds of collaborating evidence and proof it happened,  ransom notes, calls , sign of a crime,  we have nothing with AA except a wild story,

If fred said some guys kidnapped him from his bed sleeping next to his undisturbed partner, probed him, held him for hours or days then he just like magic is back telling that story, no proof many would suggest fred was in need of a mental exam.

Its really not a good comparison to me alien abductions to human kidnappings

1 hour ago, AstralHorus said:

Kidnappers have been caught because those kidnapped have brought back tissue samples. Kidnappings have been videotaped. I recall that the person carjacked by the Boston Marathon bombers turned his phone on while held at gun point in his car.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

I think it's the Mandela effect - I too thought we had covered this here, but I can't find it.  Clearly the MIB have visited...

Anyways, here's a coupla links:
(warning - very long and overly detailed - you'll need to go right to the bottom to find the disappointing part... 
https://digitalseance.wordpress.com/2011/09/04/kelly-cahill-the-hoax-is-over/

(warning, lots of ads and some popups)
https://pressfrom.info/au/news/australia/-275506-holy-grail-or-epic-hoax-australian-kelly-cahills-ufo-abduction-story-still-stirs-passions.html

This was the case that made me very wary of Bill Chalker, self-proclaimed UFO researcher - he's a bit gullible at best, a co-conspirator at worst...

I think we might be right. Google found me two threads that the search function didn't. Regardless, you've found the info. Not so intriguing a case after all. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2020 at 7:03 PM, ChrLzs said:

This sentiment has been around since the 1930's - you know, back when everyone didn't carry a camera, there were very few amateur astronomers with all-night all-sky cams, and surveillance of our skies was miniscule.

May I politely and respectfully suggest that you should perhaps update this ridiculous notion and apply a little common sense and logic.

But do wake me when it happens - any day now, right?

ok..so tell me..what the witnesses describing here?

10 hours ago, ufoguy said:

ok..so tell me..what the witnesses describing here?

OK, so tell me, who cares?  Haven't you listened to the posts above about anecdotes and stories and exaggerations and false memories and 15 mins of fame and .... 

Did you actually bother to go to the links that I posted?  If so, why haven't you commented in detail on their findings, and the complete lack of evidence?

Here:

• Like 1

Unless there was obvious evidence of anal probing then the story is fake. Australians are notorious yarn spinners. Remember they are descended from English criminals.

• Sad 1