Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Kelly Cahill UFO case continues to intrigue

UM-Bot

20 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Then, if we have still images from a half decent camera. there will some useful and verifiable information in the attached EXIF data.  There are also various image analysis and 'photogrammetric' tools and techniques that can be applied to imagery, so it may be possible to verify speeds and distances and the like.  Some of those tools require that access to the original file, which very rarely happens...

But ....

To date, despite the bazillions of cameras out there, ready to film.... there has not been a single case showing non-explainable characteristics, that has even merited the effort.  Let alone where the owners fo the footage were accessible and answering questions.... 

Does anyone have a case where they think the above does NOT fairly apply, and that has not been sufficiently looked at?  I'm all ears.. er.. eyes.

First paragraph response.....

Do you take many pictures with your cell phone?  Have you been able to capture some high quality images of moving objects?  Maybe you could post some or describe your experience.  I don’t think cell phones work for crap taking pictures, personally.

Second paragraph and closing statement comment.

Wouldnt the black pyramid UFO footage above the Pentagon cover those requirements?

3 hours ago, Guyver said:

My Father in Law is a retired Air Force Pilot who fought in Vietnam and served an entire career in the Air Force.  Yes, I would consider him a credible witness.   He is a fine man, honorable, and would not lie to benefit financially from it.  

Did he ever see any UFOs?

3 hours ago, Guyver said:

Do you take many pictures with your cell phone?  Have you been able to capture some high quality images of moving objects?  Maybe you could post some or describe your experience.  I don’t think cell phones work for crap taking pictures, personally.

Wouldnt the black pyramid UFO footage above the Pentagon cover those requirements?

If my note 5 can capture a mosh pit at my club show in a dark club lights flashing where i can still name the people in the pit, i would say my phones crap picture are not too bad.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Dejarma said:

compared to who? 

We can both be hopeless, ill share.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

If my note 5 can capture a mosh pit at my club show in a dark club lights flashing where i can still name the people in the pit, i would say my phones crap picture are not too bad.

Show it.

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

Oh, BTW.  I should have added.....taking a picture of a room full of people indoors, at immediate distance is what they actually do a good job on.  I’m talking about takings multiple pictures of moving objects outside.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, astrobeing said:

You know there are many, many, pilots who have o served and reported UFO observations.  Some of them refused to tell their stories until after they retired, because to do so beforehand was to be considered crazy.  Interesting?  That means there has been an inherent bias within professional agencies against this phenomenon.

You are probably aware of the term “vested interest.”  Vested interest has an aspect to it, where a person who is financially linked to a thing, or perhaps even emotionally as in the case of a kidnapping....it means that having vested interest changes human behavior.  In this case, with my point.....the vested interest was pilots who observed things they couldn’t explain and kept quiet about it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Guyver said:

Millions of people take photos with their phones everyday. Instagram has millions of them.

And surveillance has never been higher. CCTV is commonplace.

2 minutes ago, Guyver said:

You know there are many, many, pilots who have o served and reported UFO observations.  Some of them refused to tell their stories until after they retired, because to do so beforehand was to be considered crazy.  Interesting?  That means there has been an inherent bias within professional agencies against this phenomenon.

You are probably aware of the term “vested interest.”  Vested interest has an aspect to it, where a person who is financially linked to a thing, or perhaps even emotionally as in the case of a kidnapping....it means that having vested interest changes human behavior.  In this case, with my point.....the vested interest was pilots who observed things they couldn’t explain and kept quiet about it.

I know lots of pilots, both commercial and military, and believe you me..  we see UFOs all the time up there. Some guys wont shut up about it. So I have no idea where you are getting this from?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hazzard said:

I know lots of pilots, both commercial and military, and believe you me..  we see UFOs all the time up there. Some guys wont shut up about it. So I have no idea where you are getting this from?

Well, it could be that they are more open to talk about it now....I was referring to former times.

1 hour ago, astrobeing said:

Those guys have created a logical fallacy that people are always using as an appeal to authority.

Anything unidentified in the sky that seems unusual is often referred to as 'not one of ours' which assumes an actual manufactured craft. Nothing supports the latter. It's exaggerated hearsay. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Those guys have created a logical fallacy that people are always using as an appeal to authority.

Anything unidentified in the sky that seems unusual is often referred to as 'not one of ours' which assumes an actual manufactured craft. Nothing supports the latter. It's exaggerated hearsay. 

I’m interested in asking you a question.  I’d like to refer to the Russians as the Soviets in this post to recognize the times.  Would you say that Soviet military, aircraft, and any other type of technology was superior to U.S. or any other nations technology in the past fifty years, or currently?

Or, to more generally open the question to any interested party.....is there any reason to believe that there is any nation on this planet who has superior aerial technology to the USA?

No?  I thought not.  That means, that if it’s superior to ours, and it’s not us......it’s not normal.

26 minutes ago, Guyver said:

I’m interested in asking you a question.  I’d like to refer to the Russians as the Soviets in this post to recognize the times.  Would you say that Soviet military, aircraft, and any other type of technology was superior to U.S. or any other nations technology in the past fifty years, or currently?

In some areas yes. They won the space race and when everyone laughed at them for using valves it turned out they did do in case of an EMP. Valves aren't affected by an EMP. 

1 hour ago, Guyver said:

Oh, BTW.  I should have added.....taking a picture of a room full of people indoors, at immediate distance is what they actually do a good job on.  I’m talking about takings multiple pictures of moving objects outside.

Youve obviously never seen a mosh pit in a dark club, lol

22 minutes ago, Guyver said:

Those are the facts.  Put it in your pipe and smoke on it.

Youre not okay are you?

28 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Youre not okay are you?

Well, on balance.....that is an “old school” expression that implies one has taken the time to consider all points of view regarding a matter......on balance, I think I’m actually pretty good right now.  Now, having said that.....it doesn’t mean that things have not come without hardship.....because they have.  Sometimes life really sucks for me.  But then other times, life is amazing.

So, am I ok?  I’m as Ok as anyone else.  Thank you for asking.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Youve obviously never seen a mosh pit in a dark club, lol

When I was a kid dancing to the Clash at Station 51 during Minor Madness, we used to do a little mosh pit of a kind.  It would not have been very impressive to you but we were more New Wave and just giving a nod of the hat to punk.  We liked Blondie. The Cars, the Pretenders, B-52’s, etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, ufoguy said:

so what if u recorded real footage of a ufo or flying disk that defied the physics that we know 2day and u post it up....and other skeptics say that u used after effects or u just want a buck....what would u say to that?

I'd say - name the University or forensics laboratory you would like me to submit my footage to.  Or, if you want to keep it simple and youtube based, I'll hand my original media to Captain Disillusion (look him up), and let him analyse it.  If he can't bust it, I'm betting nobody can, plus he will happily tell you when he thinks the footage is real - take a look at his stuff.

Things is, if there was a real event, likely there would be multiple witnesses, multiple camera angles and videos from dashcams/webcams/secuirty cams, and of course, the little alien will land, hop out and greet us with some sort of sign language, or perfect Chinese/Indian/whatever language that they have learnt by monitroing our radio and TV, or hand us a few technological marvels, like a decent hoverboard...

26 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

I'd say - name the University or forensics laboratory you would like me to submit my footage to.  Or, if you want to keep it simple and youtube based, I'll hand my original media to Captain Disillusion (look him up), and let him analyse it.  If he can't bust it, I'm betting nobody can, plus he will happily tell you when he thinks the footage is real - take a look at his stuff.

Things is, if there was a real event, likely there would be multiple witnesses, multiple camera angles and videos from dashcams/webcams/secuirty cams, and of course, the little alien will land, hop out and greet us with some sort of sign language, or perfect Chinese/Indian/whatever language that they have learnt by monitroing our radio and TV, or hand us a few technological marvels, like a decent hoverboard...

I knew you would dodge the question and go back to UFOguy.

9 minutes ago, Guyver said:

I knew you would dodge the question and go back to UFOguy.

You just needed 10 minutes more patience, sweetie....  But now you've said that, I expect you to respond fully to what follows.  Good luck!

6 hours ago, Guyver said:

Do you take many pictures with your cell phone?

Enough to understand it and also to know how best to use it, in a pinch.  But it's a cheap phone with a very miminalist camera..  And before you ask, I choose to have that sort of cheap phone because:

1. it's a phone and it does all phone things rather well, including access to the Interwebz, and even helping to navigate my vehickle...
  2. I carry a REAL camera around with me, almost all the time.  It's a DSLR.  It has either an 18-200 all-purpose zoom on it, or if I'm out skywatching at night, I'll whack on 'The Big Beercan', which is a lovely, pin-sharp, fast focusing 75-300 Minolta lens.  Those lenses give me the equivalent of 7x and 10x binoculars.  The camera itself is extremely good in low-light and has excellent image stabilisation. 

Have you been able to capture some high quality images of moving objects?

Yes, and that takes a little bit of skill...  What would you like me to capture, and I'll do exactly as you ask. (Because I know if I post an example, you'll come up with all sorts of reasons to say "that's not what I meant.."  So YOU specify, and if you are making a reasonable ontopic request, I'll do it.  Can't be fairer than that..

But how many of the UFO sightings that are brought here or to youtube look like they are goin' fast?  :D 

Maybe you could post some or describe your experience.

Maybe *you* should also check my posting history...  Here's a couple examples of tips and techniques:

I don’t think cell phones work for crap taking pictures, personally.

Yes and no.  If they are set up badly, that doesn't help (so get to know your phone).  Most of the issues I have are not the fault of the phone, and relate to people who have no frigin idea on:

• how to hold their phone steady (it's EASY, go read that thread..)
  • keeping on filming (they seem to often stop BEFORE the part when the aircraft lands at an airport....)
  • NOT to use digital zoom
  • Using optical zoom to zoom in, but also zoom right back to include some background, eg hills, streetlights, the horizon, trees, etc.

Could you be specific? - a link would help...  I hope you don't mean this:  https://www.pinterest.com.au/pin/450782243951092040/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Guyver said:

No?  I thought not.  That means, that if it’s superior to ours, and it’s not us......it’s not normal.

It doesn't mean it's from another planet.