Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Kelly Cahill UFO case continues to intrigue

UM-Bot

4 minutes ago, ufoguy said:

yes they are very loud

And approximately how fast do you figure these jets need to travel to create one of these "sonic booms"?

2 hours ago, astrobeing said:

And approximately how fast do you figure these jets need to travel to create one of these "sonic booms"?

thats not important...the point is there were no jets any were near those lights..nobody saw them , nobody heard them....

2 minutes ago, ufoguy said:

thats not important...the point is there were no jets any were near those lights..nobody saw them , nobody heard them....

The FAA and the Air Force confirmed jets were dropping flares over Luke air force base and the video was shot.

If you admit you don't understand the relationship between speed and noise in an aircraft, then you've just shown why you're so easily fooled by these kinds of things.

3 minutes ago, astrobeing said:

The FAA and the Air Force confirmed jets were dropping flares over Luke air force base and the video was shot.

If you admit you don't understand the relationship between speed and noise in an aircraft, then you've just shown why you're so easily fooled by these kinds of things.

This is what happens when a fighter jet drop flares

Ufo  Phoenix light

Do you see the difference?

NO JETS near the Phoenix lights

3 minutes ago, ufoguy said:

This is what happens when a fighter jet drop flares Do you see the difference?

NO JETS near the Phoenix lights

Yes, I do! It's exactly the same thing from entirely different perspectives, one close up and one from a large distance.

Thanks for showing that.

On 10/11/2020 at 9:00 AM, stereologist said:

No. The Moon does not affect people.  For example, people try to suggest the full moon affects people. There is just as much Moon in the sky regardless of the phase of the Moon.

Maybe, but my daughter worked in the E.R. and she said the full moon nights were the busiest.   She is not superstitious, just saw a pattern.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

Maybe, but my daughter worked in the E.R. and she said the full moon nights were the busiest.   She is not superstitious, just saw a pattern.

That's why they did scientific studies which proved the connection didn't exist.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, astrobeing said:

That's why they did scientific studies which proved the connection didn't exist.

They?

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

They?

Did you expect me to summarize all 37 studies for you? They're in the References section here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_effect

Come on, think about it for a minute. If the amount of light the Moon was reflecting was shown to any effect on human behavior, it would completely change our understanding of how the brain works.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/21/2020 at 8:21 PM, ufoguy said:

And you are not listening to the witnesses....they said when the v formation of lights passed over their heads they can see a large v shape craft

do u see airplanes in video i just posted ?

You are clueless. The videos are of inident 2 and you are talking about incident 1. There was a video of incident 1 and it shows the lights move relative to each other.

Please learn about the case before further embarrassing yourself.

On 10/21/2020 at 8:23 PM, ufoguy said:

This is the real video guy...this is what the witnesses saw...THEY DID NOT SEE OR HEAR AIRPLANES........

Actually you once again show your cluelessness. In incident 1 people did HEAR planes and SEE planes. In incident 2 it was flares.

On 10/21/2020 at 8:44 PM, ufoguy said:

LISTEN TO THE WITNESSES

This is Kitei who is a joke. Her video was used to show that the lights were over 70 miles away.  yet this clown claimed the lights were right in front of her.

• Like 1

On 10/22/2020 at 9:43 AM, ufoguy said:

First off did u see jets in the footage i posted?....No

The phoenix lights happened on one night...not 2 and footage of the jets dropping flares...that was a day time footage and the airforce made that footage after the day of the phoenix lights....

Your still not listening to the witnesses in the post

Clueless. Absolutely clueless. Yoou know nothing at all about the PL. There were 2 incidents in one night.

So tell me why can't the witnesses all get it wrong.

• Witnesses reported 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 lights. Who was right?
  • Witnesses reported stars passing between the lights. Are they right?
  • Witnesses reported the lights were red, yellow, green, orange and blue. Who was right?
  • Witnesses reported the lights were high and others low. Who was right?
  • Witnesses reported the shape was a triangle, boomerang, half circle, and other shapes. Who was right?
  • Witnesses reported sounds and some silence. Who was right?

Go ahead and tell us who was right and who was wrong?  Did you listen to the witnesses to learn they had no agreement?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/22/2020 at 7:24 PM, ufoguy said:

they were thousands of reports that night....thats why it was on the news...

Actually no there were not. It was much later as people began to report things. It's the bandwagon effect. 

In fact case 2 was only visible by a few people.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, ufoguy said:

yes they are very loud

You need to learn what a sonic boom is. 

Do that after you learn about the Phoenix Lights.

• Thanks 2

20 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

It's a pattern that under testing has failed to pan out. People trick themselves into thinking that the Moon has an effect. But a number of studies show that is not the case,

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, stereologist said:

You need to learn what a sonic boom is.

He needs to learn a lot more about aircraft. He said that jets are "noisy" and you can hear any jet no matter how far away it is. This explains why he's so easily fooled by videos like this.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, astrobeing said:

Did you expect me to summarize all 37 studies for you? They're in the References section here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_effect

Come on, think about it for a minute. If the amount of light the Moon was reflecting was shown to any effect on human behavior, it would completely change our understanding of how the brain works.

No, I expect you to at least name some of the studies.  People use the "they" for all kinds of reasons, usually because they don't know what they are talking about.  Being general is not good communication.

4 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

No, I expect you to at least name some of the studies.  People use the "they" for all kinds of reasons, usually because they don't know what they are talking about.  Being general is not good communication.

Kind of like when someone says someone they know said something once, therefore it must be true.

• Like 1

On 10/23/2020 at 6:19 PM, Desertrat56 said:

I always just believed this heck the term "lunatic" come from illnesses caused by the moon,

I then saw reports like stereo was talking about, but i can assure you a club/band night on a full moon was different, but perhaps both sides are correct, while science says the full moon has no effect and likely doesnt perhaps people aware even if its subconsciously do get a bit more animated and extroverted during a moon.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, the13bats said:

I always just believed this heck the term "lunatic" come from illnesses caused by the moon,

I then saw reports like stereo was talking about, but i can assure you a club/band night on a full moon was different, but perhaps both sides are correct, while science says the full moon has no effect and likely doesnt perhaps people aware even if its subconsciously do get a bit more animated and extroverted during a moon.

The thing is, science is not a person so science has not proven anything.  Humans use the scientific method to prove things.  And some scientists have proven that the moon does affect the tides.  So, what ever it is about a full moon that causes some people, not all, to be more emotional, careless or what ever it is that caused the old term lunatic to be used is not unreal, nor is it unscientific. 

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, astrobeing said:

Kind of like when someone says someone they know said something once, therefore it must be true.

So now, if you read @the13bats post you have two people saying something similar and if you have "scientific" proof that they are wrong, where is it?  You don't flatter yourself by proclaiming that science is your religion without citing the studies that prove your point.   Just like when someone says such and such is true because it is in the Bible, they are asked for the reference. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

The thing is, science is not a person so science has not proven anything.  Humans use the scientific method to prove things.  And some scientists have proven that the moon does affect the tides.  So, what ever it is about a full moon that causes some people, not all, to be more emotional, careless or what ever it is that caused the old term lunatic to be used is not unreal, nor is it unscientific. 

The Moon affects the tides twice a day regardless of its phase because they are caused by gravitational pull, not by reflected light. Also, the oceans are very very large and in some cases thousands of feet deep, yet the tides at most are two or three dozen feet high. This should show you how little effect the Moon has on things here on Earth.

And where are your scientific studies to support your theory?

• Like 2

On 10/23/2020 at 1:23 PM, ufoguy said:

yes jets produce sonic booms

TripleFacePalm_original.jpg?1267690634

• Haha 3