Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Kelly Cahill UFO case continues to intrigue

UM-Bot

5 hours ago, astrobeing said:

That's it, folks. He believes everything he hears.

You mean you even believe all the Gulf Breeze "witnesses" who swear they saw Ed Walters' Styrofoam model flying in the sky? If there has ever been a case of witnesses being proven wrong, that one was it.

9 hours ago, Dejarma said:

oh well, with all these eyewitnesses it shouldn't be long before this subject is taken out of the 'strange unexplained aerial phenomena' category.

But hold up a minute; there have been multiple thousands of reports, claims of  'strange unexplained aerial phenomena' in the past 80+ years of so-called modern ufology-

yet, strangely enough, this subject STILL lives in the 'strange unexplained aerial phenomena' category. Isn't that strange in itself if it's real?

But that means nothing to you because you just believe the stories you're told. Oh well, have fun with that;)

To me they are more credible than the skeptics

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, ufoguy said:

To me they are more credible than the skeptics

A video full of colored blobs in the sky! Well, that's damned persuasive, but what about Ed Walters and his fake photographs of a paper model he made in his garage and the people who made up stories to get on television? Why are you ignoring them?

4 hours ago, astrobeing said:

I prefer the Gulf Breeze case because it was absolutely proven to be a fraud (the photos had indisputable double exposure mistakes and even one of the models was found) yet about a dozen people went on a national television show to tell us to ignore these facts because they did see Ed Walters' model floating in the skies above Gulf Breeze. Many of these "witnesses" looked like the sweetest elderly people you could ever meet, exactly the kind of people who never told a fib in their lives and had absolutely nothing to gain by making up UFO stories.

I believe ed walters.  And his evidence of the ufo he saw is real

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ufoguy said:

I believe ed walters.  And his evidence of the ufo he saw is real

No, the photos are all double exposures and were all easily recreated using the exact same techniques that Ed Walters used. The smoking gun (which is even shown in this video!) was the photo he tried to fake of his model floating over a road. It was taken through the windshield of his truck, but while the road is clearly reflected on the hood of his truck the bright "UFO" in the road is completely missing.

Note that in this video Walters holds a copy of this photo but the hood of his truck is entirely cropped out. He knows including the hood of his truck in the photo was a major major screw up and proved he faked it. A good hoaxer would have never made this mistake.

People gave Ed Walters money to buy a 35mm camera to take better quality photographs of the amazing craft that he kept seeing. Instead he bought even more Polaroid cameras because he knew how to create double exposures with it. Why Polaroids? When you screw up a Polaroid double exposure, you just throw it in the garbage. Ed knew that if he dared to use 35mm film to make his fake photos, his screw ups would be stuck on the middle of rolls of film for everyone to see.

And Klass is totally correct: Ed Walters is a criminal who spent time in jail for forgery and car theft. Funny how the UFO's always come to people who are willing to commit crimes to make money!

Here's the fake photo:

walters.jpg

• Like 4

13 hours ago, astrobeing said:

No, the photos are all double exposures and were all easily recreated using the exact same techniques that Ed Walters used. The smoking gun (which is even shown in this video!) was the photo he tried to fake of his model floating over a road. It was taken through the windshield of his truck, but while the road is clearly reflected on the hood of his truck the bright "UFO" in the road is completely missing.

Note that in this video Walters holds a copy of this photo but the hood of his truck is entirely cropped out. He knows including the hood of his truck in the photo was a major major screw up and proved he faked it. A good hoaxer would have never made this mistake.

People gave Ed Walters money to buy a 35mm camera to take better quality photographs of the amazing craft that he kept seeing. Instead he bought even more Polaroid cameras because he knew how to create double exposures with it. Why Polaroids? When you screw up a Polaroid double exposure, you just throw it in the garbage. Ed knew that if he dared to use 35mm film to make his fake photos, his screw ups would be stuck on the middle of rolls of film for everyone to see.

And Klass is totally correct: Ed Walters is a criminal who spent time in jail for forgery and car theft. Funny how the UFO's always come to people who are willing to commit crimes to make money!

Here's the fake photo:

walters.jpg

I dont see why someone would make fake photographs of a real ufo sighting..Doesnt make sense....

And i dont think he had any interested in making fake photos of ufos... further more, he has no educational background as a photo editor. So i dont see him putting any time and effort into doing such things. And that fake ufo model people claimed he used to make the fake photos was purposely planted there to discredit him. Typical government procedure to discredit someone that has compelling evidence of ufos.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ufoguy said:

I dont see why someone would make fake photographs of a real ufo sighting..Doesnt make sense....

And i dont think he had any interested in making fake photos of ufos... further more, he has no educational background as a photo editor. So i dont see him putting any time and effort into doing such things. And that fake ufo model people claimed he used to make the fake photos was purposely planted there to discredit him. Typical government procedure to discredit someone that has compelling evidence of ufos.

Jesus Christ, dude :D this is beyond embarrasing... you really have a hard time letting go of a case after you made it "your own" dont you?

Cant say that Im surprised though. I have seen a guy fight to the death defending Billy Meiers silly photos and claims here at UM a few years back. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Hazzard said:

Jesus Christ, dude :D this is beyond embarrasing... you really have a hard time letting go of a case after you made it "your own" dont you?

Cant say that Im surprised though. I have seen a guy fight to the death defending Billy Meiers silly photos and claims here at UM a few years back. 

Billy Meiers to me had Thee most compelling evidence of a ufo...One of the best i have ever seen...clear photos and very compelling video footage...

NEW-UFO-1.jpg

17cd78c3e73f4660eaf3c5a60067e1e6.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

@ufoguy  It is obvious the two lower photos are photoshopped.  Obvious.  do you not see the details, that the "ship" is bright and shiny and the background is not?  I did not watch the video, maybe I will later,

3 hours ago, ufoguy said:

How about making fake photos of fake UFO sightings? Does that make sense? Here, let me explain it to you! The Gulf Breeze UFO, like all UFO sightings, did absolutely nothing to help us understand the UFO phenomenon. But it did do the only thing UFOlogy does: it made someone a ton of money.

Does it make sense to you now?

And i dont think he had any interested in making fake photos of ufos... further more, he has no educational background as a photo editor. So i dont see him putting any time and effort into doing such things.

A "photo editor"? Ed Walters had already been making Polaroid double exposures for fun at parties before he claimed he saw UFOs. I could even show you how to make them in just a few minutes -- it takes no skill at all. He showed his first fake UFO photo to people and they thought it looked amazing even though anyone who knows anything about photography could see it was a double exposure, not a physical object in the sky. But it took off from there and the convicted forger Ed Walters finally had a way to make money.

And that fake ufo model people claimed he used to make the fake photos was purposely planted there to discredit him. Typical government procedure to discredit someone that has compelling evidence of ufos.

A stack of double-exposed Polaroids is not compelling evidence, and it takes nothing to discredit a man who spent time in prison for forging checks and stealing people's cars.

But let's not forget the best part of Ed Walters' story. After a while people were beginning to lose interest in Walters' cheap Polaroids since it was the same thing over and over. Hundreds of people in Gulf Breeze were out on their patios and roofs every night, some with real cameras with telephoto lenses, looking for the gigantic craft that was supposedly flying around their city. They didn't see it so they began to suspect that the former car thief was lying. To restore interest in the hoax, Walters told the newspaper that he woke up one night and saw an alien/robot peeking into his bedroom! WOW! And here is the hilarious drawing of the amazing creature he claimed he saw!

"Take me to your leader, ufoguy! We come in peace!"

breezebot.jpg

Edited by astrobeing

47 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

@ufoguy  It is obvious the two lower photos are photoshopped.  Obvious.  do you not see the details, that the "ship" is bright and shiny and the background is not?  I did not watch the video, maybe I will later,

the two lower photos were taken in the 1970s...there was no photoshop software back then

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ufoguy said:

the two lower photos were taken in the 1970s...there was no photoshop software back then

But they did have wires, and Billy Meier used them all the time. Some of his movies of "UFOs" show them swinging back and forth in the wind clearly tethered to something just above the frame.

I assume you also believe that Billy orbited our planet in a flying saucer!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ufoguy said:

In the 70's there were other ways to superimpose one photo over another.  Ask someone who has been a photographer for over 3 decades.

37 minutes ago, astrobeing said:

But they did have wires, and Billy Meier used them all the time. Some of his movies of "UFOs" show them swinging back and forth in the wind clearly tethered to something just above the frame.

he did say he flew with the aliens in that space craft...and that the aliens look just like us....

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, astrobeing said:

It looked like wires but they're not.....u can see when the craft is shown at a farther distance.....u should off been able to see what was holding the craft up by a string and swinging it but there is no evidence of that....u dont really see anything holding it up actually.

7 minutes ago, ufoguy said:

It looked like wires but they're not.....u can see when the craft is shown at a farther distance.....u should off been able to see what was holding the craft up by a string and swinging it but there is no evidence of that....u dont really see anything holding it up actually.

no, probably fishing line that can be almost invisible.

12 minutes ago, ufoguy said:

he did say he flew with the aliens in that space craft...and that the aliens look just like us....

Don't leave out the best part, ufoguy! Billy Meier was the first human being to see what the Earth looks like from space! And what did he say it looks like? He said the Earth was "a featureless white disk."

Yes, the oceans and continents are completely invisible from space! Billy Meier said so.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Trelane said:

Can we please get back to main topic of this thread? Obviously @ufoguy is either a determined troll or significantly intellectually impaired.

Is there any more to say about the Kelly Cahill case?

11 minutes ago, ufoguy said:

Come on, son. Starting at 1:48 the "UFO" is swinging in an arc like the pendulum of a grandfather clock. You can easily draw a line to where the wire is connected above it.

Just now, Desertrat56 said:

Is there any more to say about the Kelly Cahill case?

I would say no if there's nothing else to add. Simply let the thread end. It certainly doesn't need to be spun into a Billy Meirer believer testimonial though.

• Like 1

Just now, Trelane said:

I would say no if there's nothing else to add. Simply let the thread end. It certainly doesn't need to be spun into a Billy Meirer believer testimonial though.

Yeah, someone @ufoguy could start a Billy Meier thread.  Move the conversation to that.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, astrobeing said:

Don't leave out the best part, ufoguy! Billy Meier was the first human being to see what the Earth looks like from space! And what did he say it looks like? He said the Earth was "a featureless white disk."

Yes, the oceans and continents are completely invisible from space! Billy Meier said so.

i dont think he said that

5 hours ago, ufoguy said:

:rolleyes:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQMlGdF0RKry_EeGSNaExZ

• Like 3

6 hours ago, psyche101 said:

:rolleyes:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQMlGdF0RKry_EeGSNaExZ

So what are u saying? someone took a 1937 photo and did a photoshop work on it?

billy meiers photos are authentic they weren't tampered with...and he is a old guy with one arm ..i just cant imagine him going through all that.. for a photo edit