Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

Kelly Cahill UFO case continues to intrigue

466 posts in this topic

the13bats
2 hours ago, Guyver said:

When I was a kid dancing to the Clash at Station 51 during Minor Madness, we used to do a little mosh pit of a kind.  It would not have been very impressive to you but we were more New Wave and just giving a nod of the hat to punk.  We liked Blondie. The Cars, the Pretenders, B-52’s, etc.

Not about impressing me, but i think its cool you had fun and just to thump my chest a bit, i booked blondie ( debbie harry) to my club, she was super kind.

• Like 1

ufoguy
4 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Things is, if there was a real event, likely there would be multiple witnesses, multiple camera angles and videos from dashcams/webcams/secuirty cams,

You mean like the phoenix lights 1997...?

ChrLzs
2 hours ago, ufoguy said:

You mean your knowledge of this topic is stuck in 1997?

This topic has been beaten to death across the web and here at UM.  While normally I would post a link, I have lost patience with lazy, ill-informed, unwilling-to-learn tinfoilers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ufoguy
13 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

I'd say - name the University or forensics laboratory you would like me to submit my footage to.  Or, if you want to keep it simple and youtube based, I'll hand my original media to Captain Disillusion (look him up), and let him analyse it.  If he can't bust it, I'm betting nobody can, plus he will happily tell you when he thinks the footage is real - take a look at his stuff.

Things is, if there was a real event, likely there would be multiple witnesses, multiple camera angles and videos from dashcams/webcams/secuirty cams, and of course, the little alien will land, hop out and greet us with some sort of sign language, or perfect Chinese/Indian/whatever language that they have learnt by monitroing our radio and TV, or hand us a few technological marvels, like a decent hoverboard...

What if the aliens only came to see you by your self and gave you no physical proof, what would you do with what you know?

stereologist
10 hours ago, ufoguy said:

Which proved they were flares over the Barry Goldwater test range. That of course was the second sighting. The first sighting only had one video showing that the lights moved relative to each other.

• Like 1

stereologist

There seems to be misunderstanding about the term credible witness. A credible witness is someone that is very likely telling others what they remember and are trying to tell what they saw. That doe snot mean they are correct or even close about what actually happened. A credible witness does not mean they are correct. A credible witness can incorrectly report an incident for a number of reasons. Their memory is wrong. Everyone should know that each time we remember something we do not go back to the original memory. Each time we reconstruct the memory and that is altered by what has happened since the event was remembered. All memories are reconstructions. That is how human memory works. If a witness sees something they do not understand then they might alter their memory over time as they think about explanations or read about similar incidents or talk to others or many other reasons.

Witnesses change the story over time. A great example is the mothman which went from no arms to having arms, i.e. 4 appendages to 6 appendages. These things happen. It is not lyng or dishonesty as believers to quickly want to suggest. It is simply a limitation of human memory.

• Like 3

astrobeing
2 hours ago, ufoguy said:

What if the aliens only came to see you by your self and gave you no physical proof, what would you do with what you know?

I would write a book about it and make tons of money of course. I mean, why else would aliens visit me if not to make me rich?

• Haha 4

ChrLzs
3 hours ago, ufoguy said:

Having a good understanding of how brains work (including flawed perceptions and false memories) and ALSO having experienced both lucid/vivid dreams and exhaustion-induced hallucinations, I would accept that as I do not have any evidence, my memories and stories are just that - cool stories, bro.

It's a shame that you don't have the same knowledge and understanding...  Consider that I don't understand much about knitting and quilting.... the difference is that *I'm* not hanging around people who know lots about knitting/quilting and falsely pretending I know lots....

There's a lesson in there somewhere.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

ChrLzs

BTW, ufoguy...

What if someone came to UM, pretended they knew heaps about UFOs, but posted long-debunked cases and asked questions that get answered in comprehensive detail, yet didn't address or attempt to refute any of that detail?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Horta
4 hours ago, stereologist said:

There seems to be misunderstanding about the term credible witness. A credible witness is someone that is very likely telling others what they remember and are trying to tell what they saw. That doe snot mean they are correct or even close about what actually happened.

Never understood why proponents think this bolsters the reliability of ufo sightings, or why claims supposedly become more (or less) "credible" depending on the profession of the one making the claim. Why would a pilot necessarily be any more credible regarding ufo claims than the shi--ouse cleaner? Their senses and brain that interprets sensory data works in the same way. The best you could say is that you think they are being honest. Yet people can be very honest, whilst still being wrong.

As we see in science with people who are experts in their field, the supposed "credibility" of any particular expert is largely irrelevant. They submit their observations and ideas and conclusions along with whatever supports them in the form of a "paper" for other experts to check very carefully for any errors or faulty logic. They don't just accept claims because..."credibility".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ufoguy
5 hours ago, stereologist said:

Which proved they were flares over the Barry Goldwater test range. That of course was the second sighting. The first sighting only had one video showing that the lights moved relative to each other.

So flares can turn on and off in place for more than an hr, against the wind....DOES NOT FALL....and moves from one part of the state to the other in formation?

ufoguy
4 hours ago, astrobeing said:

I would write a book about it and make tons of money of course. I mean, why else would aliens visit me if not to make me rich?

what if people called you a liar ?..what would u say to them?

ufoguy
3 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Having a good understanding of how brains work (including flawed perceptions and false memories) and ALSO having experienced both lucid/vivid dreams and exhaustion-induced hallucinations, I would accept that as I do not have any evidence, my memories and stories are just that - cool stories, bro.

It's a shame that you don't have the same knowledge and understanding...  Consider that I don't understand much about knitting and quilting.... the difference is that *I'm* not hanging around people who know lots about knitting/quilting and falsely pretending I know lots....

There's a lesson in there somewhere.

Are you saying its impossible for people to be abducted by aliens?

ufoguy
2 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

BTW, ufoguy...

What if someone came to UM, pretended they knew heaps about UFOs, but posted long-debunked cases and asked questions that get answered in comprehensive detail, yet didn't address or attempt to refute any of that detail?

:) who ever is pretending to know about ufos is just having the time of his life...thats it

ChrLzs

UFOGUY, stop trolling and derailing this thread.  If you actually have anything to contribute (seems like it's unlikely), resurrect one of the Phoenix lights threads AFTER READING THE DAM THING.

• Like 1

astrobeing
1 hour ago, ufoguy said:

what if people called you a liar ?..what would u say to them?

I'd shove the bread into their faces and tell them to argue with the fat stacks I'm pullin' in! George Adamski and BIlly Meier didn't care if folks believed them. Whitley Strieber made millions of bucks off "Communion" and he never cared if anyone believed his ridiculous story. It's all about the Benjamins!  

Edited by astrobeing
  • Like 1

ufoguy
3 minutes ago, astrobeing said:

I'd shove the bread into their faces and tell them to argue with the fat stacks I'm pullin' in! George Adamski and BIlly Meier didn't care if folks believed them. Whitley Strieber made millions of bucks off "Communion" and he never cared if anyone believed his ridiculous story. It's all about the Benjamins!  

i see:yes:

DingoLingo
1 hour ago, ufoguy said:

Are you saying its impossible for people to be abducted by aliens?

yes.. since they have not come here.. so of course its impossible.. 

ufoguy
37 minutes ago, DingoLingo said:

yes.. since they have not come here.. so of course its impossible.. 

i see... so you've searched every part of this planet for aliens and could not find any...:yes:

DingoLingo
21 minutes ago, ufoguy said:

i see... so you've searched every part of this planet for aliens and could not find any...:yes:

as much as you have searched every part of this planet and could not find any :D

psyche101
3 hours ago, ufoguy said:

So flares can turn on and off in place for more than an hr, against the wind....DOES NOT FALL....and moves from one part of the state to the other in formation?

That's not what you were talking about though was it. You said Phoenix was a major event that produced photographic evidence.

The only evidence produced was without doubt flares. Not one photo supports the giant craft myth.

Thousands of opportunities. What happened? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ufoguy
1 minute ago, psyche101 said:

That's not what you were talking about though was it. You said Phoenix was a major event that produced photographic evidence.

The only evidence produced was without doubt flares. Not one photo supports the giant craft myth.

Thousands of opportunities. What happened? 

Have u seen the video?

psyche101
Just now, ufoguy said:

Have u seen the video?

Plenty. I haven't seen one with a giant craft though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1