Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Eldorado

Old TV set blocks internet for entire village

Eldorado

The mystery of why an entire village lost its broadband every morning at 7am was solved when engineers discovered an old television was to blame.

An unnamed householder in Aberhosan, Powys, was unaware the old set would emit a signal which would interfere with the entire village's broadband.

After 18 months engineers began an investigation after a cable replacement programme failed to fix the issue.

Full story at the BBC: link

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Iilaa'mpuul'xem
1 hour ago, Eldorado said:

The mystery of why an entire village lost its broadband every morning at 7am was solved when engineers discovered an old television was to blame.

An unnamed householder in Aberhosan, Powys, was unaware the old set would emit a signal which would interfere with the entire village's broadband.

After 18 months engineers began an investigation after a cable replacement programme failed to fix the issue.

Full story at the BBC: link

I read this a few days ago and think its hilarious... you can just imagine everyone getting up early to do their stuff online before the internet goes down everyday. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

jethrofloyd

My old washing machine blocks my 3-D Hologram. :D

• Haha 2

Bendy Demon

If all it takes to disable broadband internet is a junky old  tv then there is something seriously wrong with the whole broadband delivery system as old tv's are analog not digital. (by old I assume it is an analog tv set)

• Like 1

Still Waters

We used to have a microwave oven that when used would cut our router off.

• Like 2

ThereWeAreThen

Only in Wales ffs. :lol:

• Haha 1