Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Couple spots bus-sized creature in Loch Ness

UM-Bot

Just now, papageorge1 said:

Enters from the North Sea with high water levels. I've heard there are even underground passages.

Even if there may be some passages to the North Sea, why is there ever only a sighting of ONE "monster" at a time? Surely there'd be a breeding population? Wouldn't there be alot more sightings than there allegedly are?

For an animal to survive, it needs a resource and to breed.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Enters from the North Sea with high water levels. I've heard there are even underground passages.

When all else fails go underground. Was told once that Cochise escaped the cavalry by entering a cave in Arizona and exiting out of Carlsbad.

The water to the sea is too shallow so make up another story. Keep piling up all of the bad excuses.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, stereologist said:

When all else fails go underground. Was told once that Cochise escaped the cavalry by entering a cave in Arizona and exiting out of Carlsbad.

The water to the sea is too shallow so make up another story. Keep piling up all of the bad excuses.

Again, alot of these people who believe such a thing exists are forgetting one important thing. IT NEEDS TO BREED. Surely if it existed and bred there'd be alot more sightings? But not just more sightings ACTUAL evidence, nay proof?

• Like 4

5 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

My leading theory is still a cousin species to the Plesiosaur.

Why exactly do you think it's a plesiosaur relative?

Edited by Carnoferox

5 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I googled 'eels'. Even the largest type found in the loch doesn't seem nearly big enough or have the head type to match the Nessie reports. They don't get bus sized for example.

44 minutes ago, rashore said:

Pretty sure busses are smaller out by the loch than here in the U.S... something for folks to consider about. But still, I'm fairly certain that there aren't eels that get even as big as small busses, lol. Particularly in an environment as small as Loch Ness. 

Keep in mind that humans are notoriously terrible at judging sizes over long distances. The object they saw may not actually have been as large as a bus

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Carnoferox said:

Why exactly do you think it's a plesiosaur relative?

Psychic/channeled source as well as plausibility.  

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, Carnoferox said:

Keep in mind that humans are notoriously terrible at judging sizes over long distances. The object they saw may not actually have been as large as a bus

True enough... I know I'm terrible with guessing distances and sizes of stuff. But then, I've needed glasses for years and still with them I'm terrible at it, lol. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Carnoferox said:

Yes that is of course kept in mind in these cases.

Psychic/channeled source as well as plausibility.  

So you can't name any characteristics that the LNM supposedly shares with plesiosaurs? I wouldn't trust a psychic to be a reliable source for paleontological information.

• Like 7

Just now, Carnoferox said:

So you can't name any characteristics that the LNM supposedly shares with plesiosaurs? I wouldn't trust a psychic to be a reliable source for paleontological information.

Only reported similarity of appearance.

10 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Whether it  is following the reports of leg and land or a horse's head or a plesiosaur it is all about eyewitnesses repeating what they think they should say

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Whether it  is following the reports of leg and land or a horse's head or a plesiosaur it is all about eyewitnesses repeating what they think they should say

Or it could be an accurate telling of what they saw? 

Or it could be an accurate telling of what they saw? 

So you think all of those people that reported see the horse's head were accurate?  They were reporting what had not been reported by Champlain.

So which is it? Legs or fins?

And where are your imaginary underground passages?

You are only defending the eyewitnesses because your worldview is based on story telling.

Think about this:

• How do you explain that after it was announced that the horse head story was a fiction, aka lie, reports of horse head monsters went away.
  • How do you explain that Nessie no longer walks on land? OMG, are you going to invoke the Little Mermaid story? LOL
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Except the LNM differs from plesiosaurs in most aspects. Like stereo has already pointed out, plesiosaurs didn't venture on to land or have horse-shaped heads. Plesiosaurs couldn't bend their necks into the "swan" posture. Plesiosaurs didn't have humps on their backs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, stereologist said:

So you think all of those people that reported see the horse's head were accurate?  They were reporting what had not been reported by Champlain.

So which is it? Legs or fins?

And where are your imaginary underground passages?

You are only defending the eyewitnesses because your worldview is based on story telling.

Think about this:

• How do you explain that after it was announced that the horse head story was a fiction, aka lie, reports of horse head monsters went away.
  • How do you explain that Nessie no longer walks on land? OMG, are you going to invoke the Little Mermaid story? LOL

Stereo, funny how you went from me saying some tellings may be accurate to me needing to defend everything that has ever been said or claimed. Where’s the more sophisticated thinking I employ?

44 minutes ago, Carnoferox said:

Except the LNM differs from plesiosaurs in most aspects. Like stereo has already pointed out, plesiosaurs didn't venture on to land or have horse-shaped heads. Plesiosaurs couldn't bend their necks into the "swan" posture. Plesiosaurs didn't have humps on their backs.

A cousin species was all I said. I do see some resemblances in the tellings with a plesiosaur.

Stereo, funny how you went from me saying some tellings may be accurate to me needing to defend everything that has ever been said or claimed. Where’s the more sophisticated thinking I employ?

You have no sophisticated thinking.

You don't seem to realize that your ideas such as psychic evidence are as unsophisticated as any thinking can be.

The point is that your plesiosaur idea is based on a completely uneducated idea of the behavior and understanding of plesiosaurs. Notice I gave Carnoferox a trophy for his post. Why? It reminded me of all of the things I had forgotten about these long extinct creatures.

Finally, if you think "me needing to defend everything that has ever been said or claimed" is what I was driving at, well then you really have no thinking ability.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Trelane said:

No. Simply no. It's not plausible at all.

Why?

36 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

A cousin species was all I said. I do see some resemblances in the tellings with a plesiosaur.

In what way does it resemble a plesiosaur to you?

1 minute ago, Carnoferox said:

In what way does it resemble a plesiosaur to you?

Plesiosaur Image result for plesiosaur\

Loch Ness Monster

See the source image

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Carnoferox said:

I wouldn't trust a psychic to be a reliable source for anything.  Unless it's information about a murder, and then I'd investigate the psychic.

Edited by Resume
  • Like 4

44 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Plesiosaur Image result for plesiosaur\

Loch Ness Monster

See the source image

Those are both completely imaginary artworks. The top image doesn't accurately represent what plesiosaurs looked like. The bottom image isn't very accurate to what the LNM is supposed to look like either.

• Like 2