Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Couple spots bus-sized creature in Loch Ness

UM-Bot

24 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

OK. Nothing there contradicts my quote though.

It reduces the likelihood, of those possibilities.

Do you consider humans, dogs, sheep, cattle, deer, badgers, foxes, rabbits, voles, birds, etc as full-time species of the Loch?

Edited by Golden Duck
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

OK. Nothing there contradicts my quote though.

You seem clueless about DNA. There is no such thing as unknown DNA. There is DNA that is so poor it cannot be used. There is degraded DNA that cannot be used. There is no such thing as unknown DNA.

If it cannot be matched to an exact species it can be determined to be reptile, fish, bird, mammal, etc. If there were any DNA of a marine reptile in the water it would be detected as reptile.

The only hope for people is that the animal was not in there. So how does it get out through the access to the sea which is shallow? It can't unless it is small.

9 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

It reduces the likelihood, of those possibilities.

Do you consider humans, dogs, sheep, cattle, deer, badgers, foxes, rabbits, voles, birds, etc as full-time species of the Loch?

I agree that it reduces the possibility that this is just another natural species with a healthy breeding population in the loch. Like bigfoot (which I even more believe exists) if this was just a normal species it would be nailed down by now. I do believe something real but outside the normal is likely occurring with  both of these phenomena. Years of paranormal/alien/crypto listening has me believing we have a universe with depth current science does not yet fathom. 

Could Nessie be a ghost? Do terrestrial ghosts leave DNA behind (no reports of that)? I still got Nessie on my Unexplained Mysteries list.

• Thanks 1

The reason people identify plesiosaur is likely to be that people became aware of long necked dinosaurs and marine reptiles in the 1800s. Before the discovery of these fossils the reports were land animals. They walked on land. Then as other monsters made it into the news and the great hoax of the surgeon's photo made the news people reported other monsters. The bent neck of the surgeon's photo has helped people to report something that was art, the hoax photo, and not reality - a straight necked plesiosaur.

Just as the creationist hoaxers have carved tail dragging dinosaurs onto US western rock art (vandalizing the art) so too did the surgeon's photo utilize an incorrect representation of a creature. 

19 minutes ago, stereologist said:

You seem clueless about DNA. There is no such thing as unknown DNA. There is DNA that is so poor it cannot be used. There is degraded DNA that cannot be used. There is no such thing as unknown DNA.

If it cannot be matched to an exact species it can be determined to be reptile, fish, bird, mammal, etc. If there were any DNA of a marine reptile in the water it would be detected as reptile.

The only hope for people is that the animal was not in there. So how does it get out through the access to the sea which is shallow? It can't unless it is small.

As I just replied to Golden Duck's quacking at me on the same thing:

I agree that it reduces the possibility that this is just another natural species with a healthy breeding population in the loch. Like bigfoot (which I even more believe exists) if this was just a normal species it would be nailed down by now. I do believe something real but outside the normal is likely occurring with  both of these phenomena. Years of paranormal/alien/crypto listening has me believing we have a universe with depth current science does not yet fathom. 

Could Nessie be a ghost? Do terrestrial ghosts leave DNA behind (no reports of that)? I still got Nessie on my Unexplained Mysteries list.

This effort to identify whatever people view is natural. People want to make sense of something they do not understand.

It's like the random noise of EVPs. There is nothing there, but tell someone it says "Buy more Ovaltine" and they hear that. This is called priming. Priming is what led people to corroborate the Champlain report of a monster with a head like a horse. Trouble is that Champlain never reported that. People were primed to report something made up by an author. That's no different than listening to an EVP, or a record played backwards.

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

As I just replied to Golden Duck's quacking at me on the same thing:

Again, you are clueless about DNA. 

All I see here is a really bad excuse, a laughable joke making Nessie be a ghost. It supposedly moves water which means that ghosts interact with particles.

We've seen what a laughable joke that is, haven't we?

• Thanks 1

Believing in something is fine. It's a belief here like believing in spirits because there is no evidence for any of this.

There are stories. They don't match up. They change with the years. First walking on land with legs. Then swimming with fins.  The stories are signs of their time.

There are some photos - blurry, out of focus, indistinct, and even hoaxes. There have been nettings. There has been sonar studies.

Now there is eDNA. Still nothing. After 1400 years there is nothing.

• Like 4

Even Narren Naish doesn't believe in the monster of Loch Ness.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7109919/Leading-expert-Loch-Ness-monster-finally-decided-beast-does-not-exist.html

Dr Naish, a zoologist, told an audience at the science festival: 'Last year was a particularly good year for Nessie, with four or five photos, but they're all terrible.

'They're all just random blobs on the water and it's like, why would you think that's an unknown animal?

'If you saw that anywhere else in the world, you wouldn't even give it a second thought, but because it's Loch Ness people expect to see monsters, so they see absolutely anything and that's interpreted as such.'

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stereologist said:

Again, you are clueless about DNA. 

All I see here is a really bad excuse, a laughable joke making Nessie be a ghost. It supposedly moves water which means that ghosts interact with particles.

We've seen what a laughable joke that is, haven't we?

Ah, I am throwing out possibilities. The ‘all hoax/misidentification’ theory is straining to believe too. I’ve heard some sane sounding witnesses. It’s best to consider this a mystery.

9 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Ah, I am throwing out possibilities. The ‘all hoax/misidentification’ theory is straining to believe too. I’ve heard some sane sounding witnesses. It’s best to consider this a mystery.

You are throwing out ridiculous comments which are not possibilities. Try understanding reality before tossing out worthless muck.

The simple fact is that hoaxes are rare when it comes to Nessie. Misidentifications are common. Why? Because the objects are so far away and so poorly seen that their is little chance anything can be determined. 

Besides legs or fins? Which is it going to be? Used to be an animal on land. Had legs. Walked. Now it's fins. 

There is no mystery here. About the only mystery here is why goofballs still think there is anything to these stories.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

But the "Hoax/misidentification Theory" still holds up.  And, like all good theories you can make predictions from it - such as, the next search for Nessie will yield nothing other than the mundane.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

But the "Hoax/misidentification Theory" still holds up.  And, like all good theories you can make predictions from it - such as, the next search for Nessie will yield nothing other than the mundane.

I have heard testimonies of some strong sightings with detail. The theory that something real but mysterious is involved is still strongly out there for me.

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

I have heard testimonies of some strong sightings with detail. The theory that something real but mysterious is involved is still strongly out there for me.

The ecosystem doesn't support that fantasy though. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, psyche101 said:

The ecosystem doesn't support that fantasy though. 

We don’t know all of what may be going on. I’m not restricted to the breeding full-time population theory.

2 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

We don’t know all of what may be going on. I’m not restricted to the breeding full-time population theory.

You don't know what's going on. The majority of sane and rational people is they understand and accept the data provided from decades of research. There's no monster.

Not restricted because of a lack of breeding population? To quote a wise master, "That is why you fail".

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

So you've already jumped to :

It's an interdimensional alien angel hyrax!!!!!

Yes we do know what's going on. This myth has put focus on Loch Ness resulting in a great deal of data and information. It's not compatible with fantasy thinking though 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I know i will reqret this,

You do realise if we apply pgs thinking every body of water likely has an unproven monster in it.

• Like 5

Just now, the13bats said:

You do realise if we apply pgs thinking every body of water likely has an unproven monster in it.

You may have just opened Pandora's box. You realise that right?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, the13bats said:

That would be a misapply, bats

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

That would be a misapply, bats

So the pg meter really can swing "unlikely" who would have thunk it?

• Like 3

The human eye can be easily tricked, there was a documentary, BBC I think, about the Loch Ness monster. It featured interviews with scientist and zoologists from both sides of the fence, it also featured a segment showing an experiment being performed, this experiment involved a length of plastic tubing connected to a rope that was held beneath the water through a weight, a member of the film crew would make the tubing "bob" up and down in the water. People who spotted, and reported it were asked to draw what they had seen, quite a high number of those people drew a reptilian-like head, similar to illustrations of Plesiosaur. Our brain lies to us all the time.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, kalon1701 said:

The human eye can be easily tricked, there was a documentary, BBC I think, about the Loch Ness monster. It featured interviews with scientist and zoologists from both sides of the fence, it also featured a segment showing an experiment being performed, this experiment involved a length of plastic tubing connected to a rope that was held beneath the water through a weight, a member of the film crew would make the tubing "bob" up and down in the water. People who spotted, and reported it were asked to draw what they had seen, quite a high number of those people drew a reptilian-like head, similar to illustrations of Plesiosaur. Our brain lies to us all the time.

I like your Adeptus Penguinus profile picture. And I agree with what you said.

• Like 1