Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Covid Treatment Shows 96.4 Per Survival Rate

susieice

A new Covid 19 treatment developed in Florida is showing an over 96 percent survival rate. I sure hope this works out. 

https://www.fox29.com/news/covid-19-treatment-underway-in-florida-has-near-perfect-success-rate?fbclid=IwAR3vW1WytDY7n_t_6IFo_kl2LqcXrhD_pYt_z5UBF07SG3TGtzLcvGWGAjc

OCALA, Fla. - A new COVID-19 treatment developed in Ocala, Florida is seeing measurable results with a near-perfect success rate.

AdventHealth Ocala officials reported groundbreaking results from a new drug therapy they developed called ICAM.

“It’s a drug class combination,” she said. “It works to defend the body from the most severe cases of the coronavirus.”

ICAM is an acronym for the types of medications used: Immunosupport such as Vitamin C and Zinc; Corticosteroids to control inflammation; Anticoagulants to prevent blood clots; and Macrolides to help fight infection.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Good good. The more we understand about it the better we can deal with it.

You ain't special anymore Covid :angry:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

That is great news. Let's hope it will be available for everybody soon :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thedutchiedutch said:

That is great news. Let's hope it will be available for everybody soon :)

Agreed. The control study started last week. Hopefully the success will be consistent and the treatment will go out to medical professionals every where in the world. Here's a good article about ICAM. This success rate was achieved regardless of age or medical history.

https://www.trialsitenews.com/advent-health-ocalas-icam-protocol-takes-on-covid-19-clinician-drives-real-world-evidence-breakthrough/

This protocol is not used in mild to moderate COVID-19 cases, but rather, those COVID-19 patients admitted to the hospital. Dr. Norwood-Williams reports that over 96% of the patients administered the ICAM protocol medication combination have stayed out of the ICU and off respirators—an impressive metric. The Florida doctor commented in the health system’s news account, “For 76 days our patients had zero transfers to the intensive care unit, zero mechanical ventilator placement and zero death with ICAM and ICAM similar regimens.”

Now the ICAM protocol has been approved by AdventHealth’s institutional review board and the 100-patient study was just initiated this week. The Marion County study will include participation from the Florida Department of Health (Marion County) and the Heart of Florida Health Center

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HandsomeGorilla said:

I mean... 

Isn't that pretty much the survival rate, anyway? 

*runs*

For severe hospitalized cases and people who were put on ventilators...no. The death rate for people on ventilators is sky high. This is where the death tolls came from. The treatment wasn't given to people who showed mild or moderate symptoms and recovered at home. And it worked for patients regardless of age or medical history. The highest risk category. And did it without using ventilators. It means cases like the hundreds of thousands who previously died, won't now when this treatment works and is released.

Edited by susieice

12 hours ago, susieice said:

A new Covid 19 treatment developed in Florida is showing an over 96 percent survival rate. I sure hope this works out. 

https://www.fox29.com/news/covid-19-treatment-underway-in-florida-has-near-perfect-success-rate?fbclid=IwAR3vW1WytDY7n_t_6IFo_kl2LqcXrhD_pYt_z5UBF07SG3TGtzLcvGWGAjc

OCALA, Fla. - A new COVID-19 treatment developed in Ocala, Florida is seeing measurable results with a near-perfect success rate.

AdventHealth Ocala officials reported groundbreaking results from a new drug therapy they developed called ICAM.

“It’s a drug class combination,” she said. “It works to defend the body from the most severe cases of the coronavirus.”

ICAM is an acronym for the types of medications used: Immunosupport such as Vitamin C and Zinc; Corticosteroids to control inflammation; Anticoagulants to prevent blood clots; and Macrolides to help fight infection.

This is not from a clinical trial. It isn't even published. This is a news story without any evidence. Studies have shown vitamin C is not effective. Zinc supplements have not been useful.

They claim near perfect results, but their results are the same as many other places in the US.

I'll wait for the clinical results.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Back in July the death rate had dropped to 6% for hospitalized patients.

At Houston Methodist Hospital, for instance, Schwartz estimates the number of patients who end up in the ICU has fallen from 50 percent to 30 percent, a change she attributes to innovations in care. Hospital death rates have fallen from 10 percent to 6 percent.

The treatments have improved over time.

There are some vague comments here about the health care and the patients in this retrospective report. No data. No results. Nothing published.

Don't forget that early on there were claims of 10%% success with HCQ.

Here is another report on a 98% success. It's from August.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-08-09/covid-19-coronavirus-survival-rate-improves

But nearly two months later, that has not materialized. The coronavirus continues to kill hundreds of people every week in L.A. County, but the death toll has remained lower than expected.

The trend is due in part to younger people falling sick, as well as better control over the disease’s spread in high-risk settings, such as nursing homes. But doctors say there’s another factor pushing up survival rates: better treatments.

It was so grim in the beginning,” said Dr. Armand Dorian, an ER physician and chief medical officer for Verdugo Hills Hospital at USC. “Now we actually have regimens of treatments that do help. ... Since the beginning, say, February to now, we’ve learned a lot.”

And a September article about decreasing death rates.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/09/21/covid-19-then-and-now-six-reasons-why-death-rates-are-improving/

Until we see the data we need to wary of deciding on any story of improvements.

7 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Back in July the death rate had dropped to 6% for hospitalized patients.

The treatments have improved over time.

There are some vague comments here about the health care and the patients in this retrospective report. No data. No results. Nothing published.

Don't forget that early on there were claims of 10%% success with HCQ.

Here is another report on a 98% success. It's from August.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-08-09/covid-19-coronavirus-survival-rate-improves

And a September article about decreasing death rates.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/09/21/covid-19-then-and-now-six-reasons-why-death-rates-are-improving/

Until we see the data we need to wary of deciding on any story of improvements.

And there's so many regional discrepancies about death cause count that they cannot compare without making a control group. They are at the beginning of a clinical trial for the drug therapy, maybe they will have proof in a couple of months. Right now It seem like a publicity stunt....

• Like 1

I think it is a local interest story run by the local paper or TV station.

We all need to be careful because this is a new disease and so much has been learned about it in the last 9 months.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, stereologist said:

This is not from a clinical trial. It isn't even published. This is a news story without any evidence. Studies have shown vitamin C is not effective. Zinc supplements have not been useful.

They claim near perfect results, but their results are the same as many other places in the US.

They already started. They expect it to be published soon. That's all they're waiting for too. They have over  96 percent survival without ventilators in hospitalized severe cases only. They aren't using it on anyone who isn't seriously sick. And age or previous medical history didn't matter. It's in the articles. And it's a whole drug regiment. Not just C and Zinc. They're just a small part of the big picture. The articles explain everything. You need to read the one in post 4.

Edited by susieice

Geezhus... 

AdventHealth, which is sponsored by the Seventh-day Adventist Church, is an expression of the church's health care ministry. The new name conveys an expectation of things to come in health care, while also drawing a strong connection to the organization's rich Seventh-day Adventist roots.Jan 2, 2019
www.globenewswire.com › Advent...

~

• Confused 1

Just now, third_eye said:

Geezhus... 

~

Yes I saw that. The thing is, they have the patient records. That's what they presented. This ICAM is in clinical now in conjunction with Florida State Health Agencies. If this actually works like they say, I don't care who discovered it. 

39 minutes ago, susieice said:

Yes I saw that. The thing is, they have the patient records. That's what they presented. This ICAM is in clinical now in conjunction with Florida State Health Agencies. If this actually works like they say, I don't care who discovered it. 

They'll just tell you it only works if you accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior 

~

36 minutes ago, third_eye said:

They'll just tell you it only works if you accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior 

~

That doesn't work and it certainly won't work in a clinical test. It either holds up or it doesn't. Besides, they won't be taking care of everyone. Once it's shown to be successful and published, it will be sent to doctors and hospitals all over the world to use. Any  successful treatment regardless of who finds it will be sent out. All you need to worry about is will this work and will it help doctors fight this virus. Their team of doctors will get the credit for finding it if successful and life goes on.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, susieice said:

They already started. They expect it to be published soon. That's all they're waiting for too. They have over  96 percent survival without ventilators in hospitalized severe cases only. They aren't using it on anyone who isn't seriously sick. And age or previous medical history didn't matter. It's in the articles. And it's a whole drug regiment. Not just C and Zinc. They're just a small part of the big picture. The articles explain everything. You need to read the one in post 4.

Thanks. I overlooked that link.

Notice that when I posted the results of survival I used hospitalized cases or as they say in the article from post #4, "This protocol is not used in mild to moderate COVID-19 cases, but rather, those COVID-19 patients admitted to the hospital."

https://www.trialsitenews.com/advent-health-ocalas-icam-protocol-takes-on-covid-19-clinician-drives-real-world-evidence-breakthrough/

They also report " Norwood-Williams reports that over 96% of the patients administered the ICAM protocol medication combination have stayed out of the ICU and off respirators—an impressive metric." I'm thinking that is the norm today.  The early large demand for ventilators went away because of improvements in care.

I tried to find the trial on ClinicalTrials.gov and did not find anything. They say their study has started. They apparently did not register it.

• Thanks 1

Here they state that their study is being done on outpatients now, not hospitalized patients.

https://www.ocalagazette.com/local-hospital-develops-ground-breaking-covid-19-treatment/

So far, Advent Health Ocala has treated more than 300 virus patients overall. Of those, 113 have been treated with ICAM, with the 96 percent success rate that is attracting attention to the local hospital.

“That is a significantly impressive number when you look at other experimental protocols currently in trial,” Barrick said.

Norwood-Williams said the next steps include trying ICAM on outpatients, those who test positive for COVID-19 but do not require hospitalization and publishing a research paper “in a prominent medical journal.” It already has been received by a study investigative review board to ensure patient safety and privacy, and “ICAM demonstrated a huge advantage,” Barrick said.

The plan for the outpatient study is to treat 100 people who are positive with ICAM and follow their progress with blood tests and, ultimately, another COVID-19 test.

Right there we see a limitation of their claim. They only gave the ICAM treatment to just over 1/3 of the patients. This is why RCTs are done. Did they choose people for the ICAM treatment that were more likely to survive?

They are not even following up on that effort, but giving the treatment to non-hospitalized patients.

23 hours ago, stereologist said:

Oh God, here is is, off he goes again.

We have already done drug combinations with zinc, I gave you several study links, and its like you pretended I hadn`t while claiming anything other than what you want to believe in isn`t true.

We can't suggest one way or the other if this works or helps because there is no data. We don't even know how they computed the number they call "success". I'm sure we can all imagine a way of doing that, but that doesn't matter. How did they do that?

I've seen discussions on other forums as well and it keeps being brought up that there is no data, no study, just a number which is not out of the ordinary.

3 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Oh God, here is is, off he goes again.

We have already done drug combinations with zinc, I gave you several study links, and its like you pretended I hadn`t while claiming anything other than what you want to believe in isn`t true.

Care to post anything of value other than a complaint? The failure of HCQ and HCQ in cocktails has no bearing on anything other than HCQ did not work.

What is interesting is that if this is such a great treatment, why is there no mention  in their article that everyone now gets this treatment if hospitalized? Maybe someone suggests that there are other factors to consider. Why not state that in any of the articles?

There is something strange about all of this especially when they are avoiding publishing anything on hospitalized patients.

5 minutes ago, stereologist said:

What is interesting is that if this is such a great treatment, why is there no mention  in their article that everyone now gets this treatment if hospitalized? Maybe someone suggests that there are other factors to consider. Why not state that in any of the articles?

There is something strange about all of this especially when they are avoiding publishing anything on hospitalized patients.

To be fair some of the issues you're describing might have more to do with poor journalism then with the hospital itself.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spartan max2 said:

To be fair some of the issues you're describing might have more to do with poor journalism then with the hospital itself.

That is quite true. At least one news source did tell us that only 1/3 of people hospitalized received the treatment and that the new study did not cover hospitalizations.

Also notice that the articles spend as much or more talking about the hospitals and their mission that this treatment.

4 hours ago, stereologist said:

Here they state that their study is being done on outpatients now, not hospitalized patients.

https://www.ocalagazette.com/local-hospital-develops-ground-breaking-covid-19-treatment/

Right there we see a limitation of their claim. They only gave the ICAM treatment to just over 1/3 of the patients. This is why RCTs are done. Did they choose people for the ICAM treatment that were more likely to survive?

They are not even following up on that effort, but giving the treatment to non-hospitalized patients.

From your link. They moved on to the next step.

Norwood-Williams said the next steps include trying ICAM on outpatients, those who test positive for COVID-19 but do not require hospitalization and publishing a research paper “in a prominent medical journal.” It already has been received by a study investigative review board to ensure patient safety and privacy, and “ICAM demonstrated a huge advantage,” Barrick said.

The plan for the outpatient study is to treat 100 people who are positive with ICAM and follow their progress with blood tests and, ultimately, another COVID-19 test.

“I believe the outpatient study will show even more benefit,” Barrick said.

Barrick said, like the drugs being used, the theory behind the ICAM treatment is common too – just give the patient the right combination of drugs that will help the body to better fight the virus.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, susieice said:

From your link. They moved on to the next step.

“I believe the outpatient study will show even more benefit,” Barrick said.

Barrick said, like the drugs being used, the theory behind the ICAM treatment is common too – just give the patient the right combination of drugs that will help the body to better fight the virus.

Exactly. They are not publishing the hospitalization treatment. Why are they skipping that step?

That is odd. They claim success and then gloss over that? That's weird.

As I pointed out their trial as not been registered with clinicatrials.gov. I'm not counting on this one to be published, but time will tell.

• Thanks 1