Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Laurence Fox to launch a political party -

bee

Laurence Fox has been dipping his toe into political waters for a while and now he's preparing to jump in at the deep end... :) 

Planning to launch a political party called 'Reclaim'...

I really like Laurence and it will be very interesting to see how this develops... 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, bee said:

Laurence Fox has been dipping his toe into political waters for a while and now he's preparing to jump in at the deep end... :) 

Planning to launch a political party called 'Reclaim'...

I really like Laurence and it will be very interesting to see how this develops... 

i doubt they'll ever seriously threaten the established parties, but they'll certainly pose real problems for the institutions they target, (the party might be a bit late, because as we see it today those that go woke go broke, the BBC's saving grace from the same fate is the licence fee)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It would be a huge task to replace the Tories, and the instruments they have at their disposal will make sure it never happens. It might though, if lucky, have an impact similar to that of Goldsmith's Referendum Party. If it means risking a Labour government by dividing the Tory vote, then as I find it difficult to find any serious differences between them, so be it. We'll have to see what Fox presents first though, and if he gets "corrupted" by the system and how badly the BBC/Sky will distort what ever message he has.

We need a Savonarola or Cromwell without the puritanism.

• Like 2

If he does, wonder how long it will take the BBC to start referring to them as 'far right'?

• Like 2

On 9/27/2020 at 1:26 PM, acute said:

Never heard of him before, and I don't know his face either! :blink:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laurence_Fox

he's been on some political shows like Question Time in recent months but he's an actor by trade and probably his most well known role is in the long running series 'Lewis' or 'Inspector Lewis'..... where he plays Lewis's side kick.. Hathaway..

very short clip of him on Question Time... having a wrangle about racism..

• Like 1

Whether you agree with anyone's opinion or not, they are allowed to have opinions.  Now, if someone's opinion doesn't fit with the current narrative, they are cancelled.  It is bullying.  I thought we were trying to stop bullying from all sides.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, glorybebe said:

Whether you agree with anyone's opinion or not, they are allowed to have opinions.  Now, if someone's opinion doesn't fit with the current narrative, they are cancelled.  It is bullying.  I thought we were trying to stop bullying from all sides.

Yes that's the paradox of the present way things are heading. Take 'Black Lives Matter' as an example. Martin Luther King was striving for a world where people were judged on their character & not on the colour of their skin. Today Identity politics is striving to do exactly the opposite. King would be turning in his grave.

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

And so it begins. :-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-54447441

What the BBC don't tell you :-

‘In a statement shared on Twitter on Monday, Fox said: “If the game nowadays is to throw baseless insults and accusations about, then we should all be free to participate…

“Having said that, I have deleted the tweets posted yesterday, in response to being repeatedly, continuously and falsely smeared as a racist, as they just serve as a distraction to the important work that needs to be done.”‘

Drama Queen No1 admitted…

‘Mr Blake also said he regretted some of the language he had used when responding to Fox; in one tweet, he had called him a “racist t***”

So, happy to fling baseless accusations of racism at Fox but not happy to get some deliberately baseless accusation in return.

‘In a statement sent to Sky News regarding the threats to sue, a spokesman for the actor said: “We note the stated intention and the judicious wording of tweets setting it out.

“However, unless and until intent becomes reality, we have no further comment beyond pointing out that Twitter insults, defamatory or otherwise, are a two-way street.”‘

Maybe Fox should sue them both for smearing him as a racist….and the BBC for trying its best to malign him as homophobic by not providing the full context and reason for his comment.

Shouldn't be surprised I supposed, they employed the same tactics with Farage.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Andrew Neil previous of the BBC is starting a new News channel. GB News. its terrifying the current outlets. the Far lefts world started to fall apart with Brexit and it hasn't stopped crumbling since, Get Trump back in office on the 3th November. times are a changin, what a time to be alive.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

Andrew Neil previous of the BBC is starting a new News channel. GB News. its terrifying the current outlets. the Far lefts world started to fall apart with Brexit and it hasn't stopped crumbling since, Get Trump back in office on the 3th November. times are a changin, what a time to be alive.

"Let’s have another bonfire of the quangos – starting with the BBC"

https://www.conservativewoman.co.uk/lets-have-a-bonfire-of-the-quangos-starting-with-channel-4/

"TaxPayers’ Alliance has found that out of the top 20 best-paid ‘members of the board’ in 2018-19, three were BBC execs. The total remuneration for all 13 BBC board members was almost £2.3million, or about £176,230 each – six times more than the average UK salary. And that’s before we start talking about stars’ pay."

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

"Let’s have another bonfire of the quangos – starting with the BBC"

https://www.conservativewoman.co.uk/lets-have-a-bonfire-of-the-quangos-starting-with-channel-4/

lets target those of the far left persuasion, and those who continually pull our country down, especially those who've sided with the foreign entity known as the EU for the last 4 years. The BBC needs total overhaul or just pull the funding let it sink or swim on its own merits of constantly pushing Political correctness down the throats of those who view and even those who are made to pay the tv licence, i can say i must watch less than 30 mins a month of the BBC these days. im done with it and want its demise. 

Edited by stevewinn
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

lets target those of the far left persuasion, and those who continually pull our country down, especially those who've sided with the foreign entity known as the EU for the last 4 years. The BBC needs total overhaul or just pull the funding let it sink or swim on its own merits of constantly pushing Political correctness down the throats of those who view and even those who are made to pay the tv licence, i can say i must watch less than 30 mins a month of the BBC these days. im done with it and want its demise. 

You are not alone :-

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.bbc.co.uk

Quite liked this one:-

"Got a great idea lets Tax people when they buy a Tv.
Doesnt matter if they dont watch the BBc.
Then we get the morons who have paid to make our programmes pay again for BritBox.
The BBC make Del Boy look like a choir boy."

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

love the comments. :D

One of the best I heard was " After a while you realize that the BBC is just Islington talking to itself "

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Haha 1

On 9/27/2020 at 6:26 AM, acute said:

Never heard of him before, and I don't know his face either! :blink:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laurence_Fox

I thought that was him.  He was in a mystery show I like, a spin off of Morse.

23 hours ago, Wepwawet said:

And so the attack on him begins in earnest. Something called a "Drag Race UK star Crystal" is suing him for damage to it's reputation over tweets made by Fox.

Crystal sues Fox

Looks like the political elite / establishment - are taking him seriously and have aimed a couple of shots across the bow as a warning... 

???

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bee said:

Looks like the political elite / establishment - are taking him seriously and have aimed a couple of shots across the bow as a warning... 

???

Unfortunately Bee it's a tried and tested formula, throw enough mud and some is bound to stick, it worked against TR and Farage, there are numerous people on here that accuse both both of them of being racists even without a shred of evidence, and when you ask them to produce evidence will just tell you they know, because just having a sensible immigration policy is racist.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, stevewinn said:

Get Trump back in office on the 3th November. times are a changin, what a time to be alive

Yeah, you can even celebrate with fireworks on the 5rd November :lol: